RANDOM CHAT THREAD - Chat about anything or just hang out - ALL are welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom_Restorer

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2009
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah I know it, but only from the seeds for putting into bread. Good stuff. Never had the leaves.

Buddy did you ever ate Brennessel Salat? I never did and it grows EVERYWHERE here. It is in fact a vitamin bomb and has also a lot of iron etc.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I think both units of measurement are here to stay. We have too much of both to try to convert in a short period of time. I think it was President Nixon that put the "whoa mule" on the conversion to the metric system saying it cost too much.

Tom_Restorer

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2009
Primary Interest:
Other
Good morning forum friends. Sounds like the Standard unit of measurement is in trouble.:laughing7: I think as long as we import metric products, we will need two sets of ie. Tools, rulers, cooking utensils, and other different ways to measure.

Just think about rifle scopes! I have different types (MOA and mrad) and it makes it sometimes hard because I almost use MOA and also learned with them from the beginning.

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah I know it, but only from the seeds for putting into bread. Good stuff. Never had the leaves.

Ever have purslane?

picbFJUZn.jpg

Tom_Restorer

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2009
Primary Interest:
Other
Use to find coins in Europe that I could not ID; never held an interest in it really. But I had a mate who lived in France, he made cheese for a living and he loved coins. So about every two months we would have some new coins for him and he would have some good organic cheese for us.

We have so :censored: many different types here that you have to study numismatics.... and even those who studied it has problems to identify many types immediately :laughing7:

I tell ya, every treasure hunter who finds a roman, Celtic or just a third Reich coin is happy because he immediately knows what he has there and it is quite easy to research them.

As example, we had times here in medieval where coins was melted down and hammered new every single year under the same reign. Hope I do translate it right - it was called the floating money. At the end of the year you had to exchange all your silver for new ones and you have to pay some taxes on it. What happen then was, that rich people spent more money in buildings business etc, to avoid the taxes. In this time the greatest buildings was created and many of them still exist. (just an other method to steel money from people but that´s an other story)
And also coins from all other European countries was often in use. Than we have so called town states, Areas under the church who hammered their own coins, and many smaller rulers of areas also hammered their own coins. I think you have it quite easy in the US with the numismatics of the last 300 years :icon_thumleft:
Here is it more complex but that makes it also possible to find a very very rare and expensive one!!

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
-

I thought because you said it :laughing7: ?? :laughing7: Or did I understood something wrong?

No I was complaining about the Standard system;

But yeah mate, I think we where both misunderstanding each other.

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Buddy did you ever ate Brennessel Salat? I never did and it grows EVERYWHERE here. It is in fact a vitamin bomb and has also a lot of iron etc.

No mate, put it in many of things but never a full salad.

I know, it grows all over Germany from what I have seen. Two of the German (LKA) cops that where on our Professional Cycling Team would power bomb the juice from that stuff. They would pick lots of it, then run it through a ringer for the juice and save 30 mil shots of this in their freezer. Not straight, but with an orange juice, granatapfel (english name escapes me right now) juice, barely green and wheat grass.

I drank the other stuff, still do every morning, even when traveling, but minus that 30 mil shot. To much for me.

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
-

Just researched it because it looks poison to me :laughing7:

It´s called Portulak here and you can real eat it :icon_scratch: :dontknow: :tongue3: :laughing7:

UNBELIEVABLE what´s out there and what you can put in your mouth without dropping dead LOL

Mate if you have had a donner with sauce then this was in it.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
:laughing7::laughing9: That’s funny. 4AD388FE-D900-4665-906C-0D939FE4B988.gif

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
We have so :censored: many different types here that you have to study numismatics.... and even those who studied it has problems to identify many types immediately :laughing7:

I tell ya, every treasure hunter who finds a roman, Celtic or just a third Reich coin is happy because he immediately knows what he has there and it is quite easy to research them.

As example, we had times here in medieval where coins was melted down and hammered new every single year under the same reign. Hope I do translate it right - it was called the floating money. At the end of the year you had to exchange all your silver for new ones and you have to pay some taxes on it. What happen then was, that rich people spent more money in buildings business etc, to avoid the taxes. In this time the greatest buildings was created and many of them still exist. (just an other method to steel money from people but that´s an other story)
And also coins from all other European countries was often in use. Than we have so called town states, Areas under the church who hammered their own coins, and many smaller rulers of areas also hammered their own coins. I think you have it quite easy in the US with the numismatics of the last 300 years :icon_thumleft:
Here is it more complex but that makes it also possible to find a very very rare and expensive one!!

Yeah it was never my thing though. 17-18 years living in Germany and Italy, owning property since I was like 10 in Switzerland, hunted all over Europe and never found it interesting enough to even want to know exactly what I had. My first PhD is history (Ottomans), but this does not mean that one likes every little thing about history. I focused on Military Economic trade, and still never fell in love with any kind of military artifacts either.

Paper is my game in History, and that was one of the few things I loved so much about Europe. Everyone hates history, education and books. Use to get some amazing deals on books. purchased a Kants Werk at a flea market once for 2 DM. Got a second for 40 Euro a few years later.

Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Okay, but are the coins metric or inches? :D

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
English standard vs metric..... Matters little to me when cutting stock.

Hey , I cut it twice and it's still too short!

Though metric does work easier than my getting cross eyed and putting a mark on my tape measure when at odd spots on a length need recalled...Usually.

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
English standard vs metric..... Matters little to me when cutting stock.

Hey , I cut it twice and it's still too short!

Though metric does work easier than my getting cross eyed and putting a mark on my tape measure when at odd spots on a length need recalled...Usually.

Measure TWICE cut ONCE..did you say cut the line or leave the line?:laughing7:

Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah it was never my thing though. 17-18 years living in Germany and Italy, owning property since I was like 10 in Switzerland, hunted all over Europe and never found it interesting enough to even want to know exactly what I had. My first PhD is history (Ottomans), but this does not mean that one likes every little thing about history. I focused on Military Economic trade, and still never fell in love with any kind of military artifacts either.

Paper is my game in History, and that was one of the few things I loved so much about Europe. Everyone hates history, education and books. Use to get some amazing deals on books. purchased a Kants Werk at a flea market once for 2 DM. Got a second for 40 Euro a few years later.

Are you interested in philosophy?
I was dying between your German woman and Tom misunderstanding you :D
Your German lady reminded me of some of the people around here. Opinionated, love rules and regulations, always right.
I want some poke salad lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions