Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RE: Joined A Club

photo (1).JPG

I rarely post anymore, but I did "Join the Club" last night. Picked up one box of halves I have on order at a bank whereas this particular bank will only allow me to order 1 box per week. Have had this single box order for over 2 years now and go for a long period of time with many a skunks. Every now and then I hit a very small silver vein so that keeps me going. Plus, they allow me to buy all the hand wrapped rolls anytime I want them so I do score a fair amount of silver dimes, war nickels, and wheats.

I hit a 1877 seated. My first seated. She is in awful shape. But I do adore her. She is so worn I cannot make out a mint mark. And, she is as thin as she can be. Will post a pic asap. Also picked up 1-64 and 3-40% out of the same box. A bit more for the pile.

Just got in from a high school football game so I am pretty darn tired. School is in full swing.

apush

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    99.8 KB · Views: 172
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
can't wait to see the pic!

Congrats Apush! I've gotten a few shaves, but yet to join that club.....very exclusive :-)

HH,
Bigheed

bsloan

Jul 3, 2010
The heart of Aggieland
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Just curious, do you talk to your students about your exploits in this hobby?
I hated history while in school, but since I got hooked on detecting, I can't get enough.

Bill

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
Congrats! That is one that is rarely seen CRH. Post a photo if you get a chance.

Maine_Jim

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
congrats apush, definately a club to join!! I joined a club the other day too; however, it was the "receiving re-wrapped dump boxes" club
:BangHead:
hope you got yourself into a silver vein filled with silver coins galore! nice to see you post,
hh
buff

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice job Apush, I'm still waiting to join that club too, and you recieved that from a 1 box a week order bank, very cool. HH, Maverick.

OP
OP
apush

apush

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pick added. Sorry, I have two of the same photo.
apush

OP
OP
apush

apush

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bill,
I have not taught high school history in 4 years--but I still love history. I try to keep myself updated, but as an AP, I rarely have the time. No, I only started CRHing the last 2 years or so.

Apush

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's awesome! I still have yet to find a barber, can't wait to find a seated!

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
aswesome find is right, apush, great job, nothing like giving her a nice new home!
hh
buff

Local_coins

Nov 24, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
kevinbomb123 said:
Nice find but its probably worth melt.

Less than melt if it as thin as she says. Worth much more on the shelf in that plastic case!

OP
OP
apush

apush

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I could care less if it is melt value . . . that is not the point. The point . . . at least for me . . . is finding a coin that has yet to surface in my boxes. I was very happy to find this coin. It was a first for me, and that is why I posted. Kevin, I am sorry if my meager find disappointed you. That is why I rarely post anymore because of the negativity. Sorry this coin did not meet your expectations. Guess it is really time for me to stop posting at all. There was a time on this forum that folks celebrated others finds . . . I am assuming this is not the case anymore.

apush

OP
OP
apush

apush

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Next goal(s):
1. Positive comments from posters
2. A cent--not a penny--from 1909 that has initials!

apush :occasion14:

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
for somebody like myself, and probrably you too, apush, it doesn't take a valueable coin to make it the "find of the month"... or even "find of the year", sometimes it is not about the quality, but the fact that it is something that you've never had before, or never thought of getting :icon_thumright:Keep on posting apush, don't let those little ... nasty people ... ruin it for the rest of us :)
Good luck in this month!
hh
buff

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions