recent finds

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
have not posted any finds in awhile so i thought id show some of the better ones all at once,few great moments all at once.well the flint cone i bought at the gallitin show because of the one i found just the day before the show,its from indiana and the guy who found it found it a while back as the guy who sold it to me showed me him in a book,just wish i could remember his name 035.JPG 038.JPG

Upvote 0
OP
OP
jamey

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks bsit,i thought it was a core i had found,but the one i bought is called a cone,flater on the bottom than mine is the only difference

OP
OP
jamey

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey bsit post it for me will ya,id like to see it on this post,thanks

OP
OP
jamey

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks rebel and dimedigger,feel pretty good bout themwhen dimedigger likes them,as he has some awesume stuff

pickaway

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
Detector(s) used
ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some nice finds there, that so called flint cone is interesting.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got some nice points. Looks like you got to go when it wasnt raining. We had snow flurries yesterday. It didnt stick thank goodness.

OP
OP
jamey

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi pickaway,long time and thanks for the comments,should i call them cones or cores?thanks rock,rain is not ever going to stop me.my friend went back there with me the other day and found a nice flint hand axe,wish he would of just stayed home..lol..just kidding he'll probally give it to me later on.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First pic the one on the left looks to maybe be a cone but the one on the right looks to be a turtle back scraper. Either way they show allot of good work.

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome Finds! :icon_thumright: The two dark colored, roundish ones at the top, if they are unifaced, i would think they are small scrapers. And the one on the far right, in the first photo, with the jagged edge, sure is a dandy. Too bad the base is broke, at least that is what it looks like.

Last edited:
OP
OP
jamey

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks again ya,you have a good eye old digger,even broke its a dandy maybe i have or will have the base someday,just has not been one of those days yet to look.i thought they were turtle backs myself,i do not like that the one i bought looks better than the one i found but at least i had something to compare with

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have been holding out on us Jamey ! haha Nice ones. Great pictures also they enlarged really big. You hunting any fields out your way?

OP
OP
jamey

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks tn mountains,nope no fields.when i first started to look for them and saw that they were nothing like larsons they didnt interest me,but the guy up on the very top of the hill very near were i hunt found a huge blade in his garden spot,its a field full of cows but i never see him to ask if i can look,doubt that he would let me anyway but im going to ask

NC field hunter

Silver Member
Jul 29, 2012
thanks tn mountains,nope no fields.when i first started to look for them and saw that they were nothing like larsons they didnt interest me,but the guy up on the very top of the hill very near were i hunt found a huge blade in his garden spot,its a field full of cows but i never see him to ask if i can look,doubt that he would let me anyway but im going to ask

Never can hurt to ask. I can't understand people not allowing others to hunt their spots. They can't find them all. We need help, that's why I ask Twitch to come down every few weeks. He has, maybe not a better eye than mine, but a different trained eye. He has the ability to see what I tune out. Good luck on getting permission. Take him a jello mold. Nothing greases the wheels of a neighbor like a jello mold!!

OP
OP
jamey

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thats funny nc a jello mold,never would have thought of that.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions