this really needs to stop...

bravowhiskey

Bronze Member
May 29, 2009
Brazos Valley, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
...and it is difficult to believe it even needs addressing.

We all should be ethical enough to realize, burial sites, graves for crying out loud, are totally out of bounds. They are so far off base there should no discussion about it.

How about folks go on out to the local cemetery and dig 'em up to see what manner of antique jewelry they got buried with? Or maybe they have some gold teeth. Or, "O, I was just curious about it". Since when is that ok? This is disgusting.

Make a sticky, post it permanently.

Thanx

Upvote 0

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You cannot make idiots and thieves change their ways with outrage and sticky posts.

Silver Member
Dec 10, 2004
East Central Kentucky
...and it is difficult to believe it even needs addressing.

We all should be ethical enough to realize, burial sites, graves for crying out loud, are totally out of bounds. They are so far off base there should no discussion about it.

How about folks go on out to the local cemetery and dig 'em up to see what manner of antique jewelry they got buried with? Or maybe they have some gold teeth. Or, "O, I was just curious about it". Since when is that ok? This is disgusting.

Make a sticky, post it permanently.

Thanx

So what needs to stop? I don't see anyone on here digging graves. I don't understand why we want to admonish folks for simply being curious about burials...it's a natural question. It's a career field in some parts of the world....lol. I strongly suggest that we talk about these things, perhaps if we give enough information, we'll satisfy the curiousity.......

tomclark

Bronze Member
Dec 18, 2006
Tampa Bay, FL
Detector(s) used
ShadowX2, TEJON, Eyes, Pony Shovel
Primary Interest:
Other
Digging in burials is bad where it is illegal and where it is culturally wrong. This is America. There are Amercan laws in effect. I sure wouldn't waste the space to bury my body inside something for years....etc. no way I could do that to Nature. But it's generally our culture. Seems here it's OK if you have a diploma, state and local and any indian tribe in the US permits. Oh...Then it's OK.... LOL, maybe my Ma done dropped me on my head, but I wouldn't mind if they dug up every cemetery in the US and made nice parks for us (not Walmarts and developments). Remember (below) each person is worth a BUCK! The casket/lining is worth wayyy more as well as the real estate for us and wildlife. And while we are at it, sterilize half the population, hahahaha. Tom for president! Wish I was out hunting today, wah, it's bitter cold 58 degrees!!!!!

[h=1]How Much Are the Elements in Your Body Worth?[/h]By Anne Marie Helmenstine, Ph.D. GuideFebruary 6, 2011

Have you ever wondered how much the elements in your body are worth? First, let's take a look at the elements from which you are made. Your body is approximately:
  • 65% Oxygen
  • 18% Carbon
  • 10% Hydrogen
  • 3% Nitrogen
  • 1.5% Calcium
  • 1% Phosphorous
  • 0.35% Potassium
  • 0.25% Sulfur
  • 0.15% Sodium
  • 0.15% Chlorine
  • 0.05% Magnesium
  • 0.0004% Iron
  • 0.00004% Iodine
Your body contains trace amounts of other elements, such as silicon, manganese, fluorine, copper, zinc, arsenic and aluminum. What is the going rate for a body's worth of these elements? One US dollar! Are you surprised? Let's see if we can bump the price up a bit. If you're looking to make a buck with your bod, your best bet would be to sell individual organs, but since that's illegal, an alternative might be to tan your hide for use as leather. Your skin would be worth about $3.50 if it were sold at the price of a cowhide, which runs around $0.25 per square foot. So, if you take a dollar's worth of elements plus the value of your skin, you might be able to get $4.50, which we'll round up to $5, so you'll feel better about your chemical value.

catherine1

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ashes to ashes Dust to dust. Cool breakdown of the elements.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread