OP
OP
R

red sox

May 19, 2013
utah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No I haven't decided on one yet, been kinda side tracked lately.
I was able to have a few samples checked with an XRF gun that gave me some pretty exciting results, but I would still like to have a professional fire assay report done to confirm the results.

jair

Sep 6, 2013
Las Vegas
Detector(s) used
Whites and cheep bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have been learning to do fire assay's , for the last several years , done some for people in Washington as well as my self . I do sampling from old tailing piles all over . if you wanted to send 1 lb of oar I'll do an assay on it when I can work it in , I do these for practice , I can only tell you if you have good value of gold and silver , platinum if there is enough to show . 1lb to make it easy to calculation per ton . Only an offer . Have a good one . Jerry

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
What type of assay are you looking for?

Generally for Gold/Silver you are probably looking for a fire assay. Jair made a very nice offer if you want a single sample.

I'd avoid considering XRF guns an "assay". They can give you a very good idea of the composition of a specific sample but they can't produce reliable reports on volume.

Copper State Analytical Labs has proven to be a reliable assay service through the years. Their prices are good for an accredited assayer. :thumbsup:

There are several other reputable accredited assayers. Do a little shopping. Some of the mining magazines have assayers listed.

Heavy Pans

OP
OP
R

red sox

May 19, 2013
utah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the info, and thank you for the offer Jair, I will let you know if I decide to go that route.

l337scum

Jun 25, 2014
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705 Gold Pack
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
In addition to what Clay said, I also recommend fire assay over any other type of measurement for gold content by volume. I would recommend that you find a lab that is ISO/IEC 17025 certified for fire assay for best results. As long as the lab is ISO/IEC certified, I believe you can shop around for the best price as Clay indicated. Personally, I have used Minerals Processing Corporation in Carney, MI. Ted and Tom there are very helpful and do a very good job. Here is their contact info:

Minerals Processing Corporation
143 Lickman Rd.
Carney, MI 49812
906-639-2303
[email protected]

Tell em that Joe sent you. :)

Hope this helps and good luck!

larry g

Apr 26, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RED SOX;I live in Centerfield,Ut.Here's the one I've been using the last few months;ETC-Ops.sample processing.1573 Foothill Dr.-Boulder City,Nevada .89005.They will do spectrum analisis ,for 25.00& 35.00 dollars. Also does digestion,fire analisis. baseball size sample is more than enough. Can be one solid piece or marble size or sand does not matter. Fire assay's a little more not much. Check out there web site.ETC-Ops.com. They will explain every thing you wood like to know about your sample . Extremely decent people to talk with, full of knowledge and very helpful. larryg

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
ALS labs are good, to.

fatman45

Feb 23, 2015
Nevada Test Site
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug 2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Action Mining is very good - they have consistently placed very high in U.S. Bureau of Mines tests. They are very reasonably priced, friendly and knowledgeable.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions