RED LETTER DAY: FOUND TWO PLATES

SPWalker

Aug 6, 2003
Mc Allen, Texas
Detector(s) used
CZ-7A FISHER
I had an opportunity to get out with two friends and get a daylong hunt in last Sunday a week ago. We headed out to a place that was so called hunted out and managed to pull some great finds from the site. We found a few Civil War era bullets and some buttons but as the day drew into the noon hour I started to dig signals that were at best faint. The move paid off and I hit my first breast plate in 10 years of hunting. I walked over to one of my friends to show what I found. We stood 5 feet from were I had dug the plate and as we talked for a short while. I pointed out the glass on the ground and noted that all the glass was from the 1860’s, then I spotted a round disk on the side of a sand hill a few feet away among the glass shards. I walked over and picked it up and it tuned our to be a second breast plate. It was in great shape with the exception of the iron pins in the back had long sense been rusted away. No skill it that one, just luck. I also came out with three coins and several bullets, one US Union button, and a one-piece button that looks 1830-Mexican.

Plate 1- found on top of the ground (cleaned)
Plate 2 - as dug.

Thanks for reading keep on digging.

Stephen P. Walker
Mc Allen, Texas

[attachment deleted by admin]

Upvote 0

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some GRADE A Finds there my Texas compatriot friend! That is what it is allll about!! Beautiful plates!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread