Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe I asked all to put thread back on topic and even quoted my own post to make it stand out....

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM

MALO PERICULOSAM, LIBERTATEM QUAM QUIETAM SERVITUTEM

We will NOT go quietly into the night!
Hey TH, good to see you. I have no clue what we were all talkin about. LOL!
I apologize, I slinked in the open door, I think the convo was bullets.....
all I can offer in that dept is, I got a bucket of them, I really need to sort though one day!

Oh and deer, naw, them little ole Keys deer wouldn't even make an appetizer for my crew and bunch! :tongue3:
I'll look up the latin, one day........ unless you'd just like to translate........ speak cat? :laughing7:

OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
How about this limitool.Go to independent toy stores and their like,consignment shops and thrift stores,hobby shops,etc.Sell them on consignment.Get a bunch of different stores where youre able to leave 2 or 3 at each store.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If rules are broken mods can handle it, report issues and let mods handle it, please keep it off the forums.

Mods make the call on what is violating the rules, what is baiting, what is mocking and what is trolling.

Anyone who thinks they can do as they please because they think my hands or mods hands are tied will be in for rude awakening.....

JunkShopFiddler

Bronze Member
Feb 15, 2013
SW Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I built a V-8 Vega back in the early 80's. It was a BLAST!

Cool, I had a friend that built a V8 Vega in the late 70s. He put a 350 small block in it with a high rise manifold and a blower on top. It looked like a half scale funny car. The problem was the engine sat so high he couldn't see to the right at an intersection. Everybody got tired of riding along just to tell him it was clear at a stop sign. Finally he had to open the driver's side door and poke his head over the roof to get a good right hand view...funny!

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
I like hotrods. Here's some junk I built...

Attachments

• P1010002_2.JPG
    P1010002_2.JPG
    324.6 KB · Views: 65
  • P1010006.JPG
    P1010006.JPG
    197.6 KB · Views: 71
  • pro-stock  left side.jpg
    pro-stock left side.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 59
  • oh_summer_nights.jpg.w180h119.jpg
    oh_summer_nights.jpg.w180h119.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 71
  • My Z28.jpg
    My Z28.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 70
  • my 69 z28.jpg
    my 69 z28.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 70
  • engine installed front view.jpg
    engine installed front view.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 61
  • P1010073_2.JPG
    P1010073_2.JPG
    210.7 KB · Views: 66
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    157.5 KB · Views: 58
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    115.8 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Way back when,a guy I knew stuffed a 289 straight 6 in a pinto hatchback.Quick little S.O.B. He pulled into the gas station I was working in.He had little drops of oil all over his hood,roof and right side of the car.I asked him what the hell happened.He was racing a GTO and the guy blew his engine trying to get by him:laughing7:

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cool, I had a friend that built a V8 Vega in the late 70s. He put a 350 small block in it with a high rise manifold and a blower on top. It looked like a half scale funny car. The problem was the engine sat so high he couldn't see to the right at an intersection. Everybody got tired of riding along just to tell him it was clear at a stop sign. Finally he had to open the driver's side door and poke his head over the roof to get a good right hand view...funny!

Yea I went through a lot of different engines trying this and that. Yea I ran a 355 for awhile with a low profile B & M blower. But that was short lived. The funniest thing I did while building this car was the day I pushed it out of garage and onto the blacktop ally and fired it up. Had a 327 then and a 4 speed Muncie rockcrusher trans. I drove it back and forth up and down the alley. Everything looked good to me. So I rev the motors rpm's up and dropped the clutch. The windshield exploded and the doors were hard to open. We pushed it back into garage and had a beer to regroup. In fact we had a lot of beers. I went through a lot of "learning curves" building this car... you don't go to the auto store for parts.

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bandit.... VERY NICE GUY.... I can't and couldn't hold a candle to your toys (junk). I would LOVE to show pics of my Vega but all the pics got burned. But really nice guy... you should be very proud of what you can do... I am for you.

OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
The funniest engine swap I ever saw was a porshe 914 engine go into a VW bug.Bolt in swap.Ever picture a bug smoking the tires up:sign10:

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
See ya. Going to the Chinese buffet. Will be 10 lbs heavier when I return.

Yo bandit have you ever been to a site called Tiger tools? Just ordered a U joint puller. great idea had to change these in the field with a hammer and socket before. Dodge 4 wheelers suck on front end parts, Diesel a little to heavy. Or maybe the rocks a little to big?:laughing7: watch the utube video.

OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
had to change these in the field with a hammer and socket before.

Isnt that fun lol.Its almost on par with changing an auto transmission without any kind of floor jack or ramps:laughing9:

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Years back I took my Son and his buddy to one of those Trout ponds were your guaranteed to catch fish. Bought them some cheese curds which trout love, and set them to fishing. I took a stroll up to the office keeping them in eye shoot and started a conversation with the owner. Hr later the kids all smiles came up with a bucket of trout. Wow I thought nice day, till the owner ran up the tab. 75.00$ and I hate trout. That was half weeks pay back then. learned, never leave the kids with a cane pole:laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread