worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Years back I took my Son and his buddy to one of those Trout ponds were your guaranteed to catch fish. Bought them some cheese curds which trout love, and set them to fishing. I took a stroll up to the office keeping them in eye shoot and started a conversation with the owner. Hr later the kids all smiles came up with a bucket of trout. Wow I thought nice day, till the owner ran up the tab. 75.00$ and I hate trout. That was half weeks pay back then. learned, never leave the kids with a cane pole:laughing7:

Cane pole,boy that brings back memories catching mullet in Florida as a kid!

OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Easiest time I ever had fishing only happened a few days a year.Where I grew up there was an old railroad trestle inbtween my town and the next town.It was set on granite blocks that ran a good way along the ocean inlet.Off the blocks the water was about 3- 4 feet deep at high tide.Every time the bluefish were running they would chase the pollock up close to the granite blocks.You could lay on the blocks belly down and reach into the water and grab them.Only bad part was if you grabbed them wrong their dorsal fin would slice the palm of your hand.Use to take them home by the 5 gallon bucket fulls.

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
I read once that a herd of JERSEY cows, once almost ran over BENjamin franklin while he was travelling from philly to massachusetts to meet up with george to offer support in his being named commander in chief of the continental army..nice guy, was tough travelling in them days.

Mike

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I post this whenever I think somebody will get a kick out of it.

Mike

Shezzam! I sure would like one of those. I could cover my neighbors car from across the street, or ever pile up the snow in front of his front doorway. :evil6:

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
BC1969:

It's sad how many hunters just wound a deer. A veteran deer guide told me the next biggest mistake they make is going after it right away - a deer will run just as long as it can. Better to wait a bit. If it isn't chased, there's a very good chance the deer will hunker down (being so hurt and all). Then it will stiffen up and be unable to move on.

Happy New Year to All,

~ The Old Bookaroo

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
worldtalker:

Never be the lo mein on the totem pole...

[I stole that from H. Allen Smith - never before had the chance to use it.]

Happy New Year to All,

~ The Old Bookaroo

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's my stepson with a baby poon (Tarpon) on his kayak-

tommy tarpon.jpg

Then there's the Wahoo caught last summer, my buddy Nick holding it-

nick wahoo.jpg

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Isnt that fun lol.Its almost on par with changing an auto transmission without any kind of floor jack or ramps:laughing9:

That's right on Cash.... I've done it or did do it when I was much younger. I went to Missouri from Michigan and had a flywheel go out when I was 18. Had to turn the fan to find a good spot to catch for the starter drive for maybe the past 4-6 months. So what.... it still started. So off to Missouri I go. Well I get there and suddenly all the good spots are now gone and I've ruined another starter drive also. The key word in last sentence is ANOTHER. So my uncle says lets pull it out to the barn and you can drop trans and change out flywheel. I'm thinking GREAT... and I like the "lets" word. We get out there on the dirt floor and he says there's the tools and I don't have a floor jack either. Well my cousins are "helping" (not really) but I get it all loose and pull it back on the boards I shimmed up to pan. 3 days later with new flywheel in hand I head back out to reassemble. I get ready to slide trans back up to bell housing and off the shims it falls. Now this really sucks. I weighed about 110 then dripping wet. I think this trans weighed about 8 tons (so says I). Anyway..... about 6 hrs later and a lot of blood I hooked up the drive shaft and was done. With one floor jack this would of been SO EASY!!!! But I was very poor then.

Mr. Cash.... you are SO RIGHT.... your bringing back old nightmares dude. Hell my back and arms hurt now just thinking about it.... THANKS GUY!!!! ... Brad

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
I am in the midst of a major identity crisis!
I better prepare myself

The following is a Test of my Emergency Broadcast System
this is only a test
Ahhhhhhh Ughhnnn Oh Noooes Ahhhhhhhhhhhh run run run away
Had this been an actual Emergency, The sounds you just heard ( read )
would have been followed by many many more just like them.
This concludes the test of my Emergency Broadcast System...
Thank you.

NutCase

OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Yup i've done it myself limitool,a few times lol.One time I threw a rod in a plymouth small block 318 and had to put a new crank shaft in it.the bearing journal got eaten up by the rod.I unbolted everything then put a spare tire under the tranny,when in feet first from the front end and kicked the front of the tranny until it dropped out.I wont even go there trying to wrestle it back in:laughing9:

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am in the midst of a major identity crisis!
I better prepare myself

The following is a Test of my Emergency Broadcast System
this is only a test
Ahhhhhhh Ughhnnn Oh Noooes Ahhhhhhhhhhhh run run run away
Had this been an actual Emergency, The sounds you just heard ( read )
would have been followed by many many more just like them.
This concludes the test of my Emergency Broadcast System...
Thank you.

NutCase

Mr. NutCase.... Part of you main problem is that you still live in Michigan. I know all about this. I was born and raised there till one day at age 38 it dawned on me that I was becoming mentally unstable and needed to move. So I moved to Tennessee. After 20 years I have now made a 100% recovery. If your over 38 then you may have to move further south for a speedier recovery. I wish you the best and if you need any further advise or treatments just write... glad I could help. Don't feel bad... it happens to many folks. Just don't live in denial anymore... help is available.

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What! No stories about taken a dump while hunting, laying your gun down, and having the biggest buck in a life time comes by:laughing7: got to be one out there.

OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
What! No stories about taken a dump while hunting, laying your gun down, and having the biggest buck in a life time comes by got to be one out there

I fell asleep once,does that count.I dont know if anything ran by or not:laughing9:

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well prepare then for life to be forever changed, cause next spring me and the wifey are moving to the norris area in your fine state...
Chaos shall ensue there after :D

Stoned

I want you to look at a map of Tennessee and notice that it is a long and thin state. I suggest you move to East Tennessee maybe nearer to NHBandit. I live in Middle Tennessee. Not much room here. Mr. Bandit moved here awhile back from the northeast and is now in recovery here also. Your not alone. Best of luck to you and wifey....

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Old Booky! you made me remember something from my childhood, while out deer hunting with my pops and a buddy of his, I think there year was 78' anyway, the entire day the two of them were downing pabst blue ribbons and arrow peppermint schnapps..well after a couple hours a buck made the unfortunate decision to walk any where near to close and BAM!!! it got whacked, and ran off.

Now what lesson and life long lesson I learned from this event was dont drink and hunt since it clouds your ability to make rational decisions, and second the more important of the two, is give that poor b@stard some time to lay down and die, good 30 minutes I say...but nope, the beer did the trick and within minutes I was tagging along behind them to get the prize...

Well 100 yards or so later we came across the now seemingly lifeless buck, and man was it a beauty, big 10 point, and well what happened next I will never forget as long as I live, butch my pops buddy instead of kicking or poking or anything the buck to make sure it was actually dead, kneeled down infront of it and right at that point in time that buck came back to life the second his hand touched its ribcage area, and tried to fling its self upright and in the process, its left front leg went a good 6 inches into butch's chest just under his ribs at just the right angle and crushed his heart...

He died not 60 seconds later...needless to say I learned a very important lesson that day, I feel for the guy, but stupid is as stupid does.

Mike

Last edited:

davest

Silver Member
Nov 5, 2007
somewhere between here and there, south of over th
Detector(s) used
titan 3000xd/seahunter mk ll/Ace 250/whites 6000XL Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
way back, when I was a kid, my dad showed me how to lay on the side of a small creek with a hand in the water waiting for a small trout to swim over the hand. Then you'd toss them on the bank.

It really works.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread