worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Old Booky! you made me remember something from my childhood, while out deer hunting with my pops and a buddy of his, I think there year was 78' anyway, the entire day the two of them were downing pabst blue ribbons and arrow peppermint schnapps..well after a couple hours a buck made the unfortunate decision to walk any where near to close and BAM!!! it got whacked, and ran off.

Now what lesson and life long lesson I learned from this event was dont drink and hunt since it clouds your ability to make rational decisions, and second the more important of the two, is give that poor b@stard some time to lay down and die, good 30 minutes I say...but nope, the beer did the trick and within minutes I was tagging along behind them to get the prize...

Well 100 yards or so later we came across the now seemingly lifeless buck, and man was it a beauty, big 10 point, and well what happened next I will never forget as long as I live, butch my pops buddy instead of kicking or poking or anything the buck to make sure it was actually dead, kneeled down infront of it and right at that point in time that buck came back to life the second his hand touched its ribcage area, and tried to fling its self upright and in the process, its left front leg went a good 6 inches into butch's chest just under his ribs at just the right angle and crushed his heart...

He died not 60 seconds later...needless to say I learned a very important lesson that day, I feel for the guy, but stupid is as stupid does.

Mike

Proof again,

BE AWARE,in EVERYTHING!

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
Back from the buffet. Mmmmmm Hope nobody minds buttt... Chinese food always makes me feel like dancing. :thumbsup:

Attachments

• download.gif
    download.gif
    1.8 MB · Views: 78
Dec 5, 2013
Springfield, MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just heard a report on internet radio about this. Beware.
Building a neighborhood community is a very important thing for those of us who live in an urban or suburban environment. But to be safe, it should be done discreetly and off line as much as possible.

Based in San Francisco, California, Nextdoor was founded in 2010 and is funded by Benchmark Capital, Greylock Partners, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, Tiger Global Management, and and Shasta Ventures as well as other investors and Silicon Valley angels.

These are only the ones they admit to.

Last edited:

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cane pole,boy that brings back memories catching mullet in Florida as a kid!

I was in Missouri once at my Grandfathers country home. He had a small pond out back in the closest field. This pond was maybe 30 yds. across and maybe 40 yds. long. My cousin and I were about 10-11 years old. Grandpa said he had put some catfish in the pond many years before but the pond hadn't been fished for years. Well that's all we needed to hear. We went to woods and cut some long poles. Grandpa gave us some black line and some treble hooks. Then we took some livers, gizzards or some chicken parts and headed back to pond in the evening. We each had a pole. I baited mine at the house but Chuck didn't. We headed back to pond (about 200 yd. walk). We get there and I through mine out and just lay pole on the bank. I probably had about 15 ft. of line out. Chuck asked how did you put the bait on? So I help him get it on. I turn around and my pole is gone. We cannot believe it!!!! We never heard or saw anything happen. Well I'm all pissed and Chuck throws his out about where mine was. After a minute he decides he doesn't like that spot and starts dragging his line down the bank and SNAGS my line and pole. Not only does he snag mine but a BIG catfish is on my line. I walked out into water and grabbed my pole and just dragged the catfish upon shore... MAN WE WERE GEEKED UP. We didn't weight it and didn't care (around 8-9 lbs.). We still argue to this day who actually caught it...

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
I got something for you guys, can be really useful for y'all rural folks aswell...
you cant beat them free wifi hotspots, and with this you can get them upwards of 10+ miles away.
Enjoy!

How-To: Build a WiFi biquad dish antenna

Mike
Mike here's a problem for ya you might be able to help me with. I have Dish network internet because it's all I can get up here in the mountains. Got a wireless router hooked up to my modem and a laptop in my garage which is about 60' from the house. If I open all the garage doors I can get a signal in the garage. If they are closed I don't. I'm assuming it's because it's a metal building ? Need a cheap way to fix it. I do have another wireless router I got from a friend. If I mount that on the outside of the garage & hard wire it to the laptop will that work ?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that new 2nd forum is pointless if none posts to it..I am now having to resort to talking to myself and that's dangerous lol

Mike

I have been posting but I also work so can't post constantly....

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM

MALO PERICULOSAM, LIBERTATEM QUAM QUIETAM SERVITUTEM

We will NOT go quietly into the night!

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
We're in the bible belt over here in East Tennessee. Most restaurants don't serve alcohol. But I'm home for the night & I have some apple pie waiting for me..

Is that Apple pie moonshine???

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
I would think it would Bandit, or just buy a cheap whip antenna and put it up high somewhere, just not on your roof, unless you have it grounded very very well, with lightning rods, I would hate to hear of somebodies house burning down due to that, seen it happen before, it sucks.

Mike

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
for the last 6 hours 3 of the main backbone servers and a few really big DNS's have been being pounded in a monster DDoS attack, I am talking 80k plus bots, thats some serious bandwidth clogging them pipes, been slowing down bad last 2 hours, double posts WILL happen, and its gonna get alot worse...HEY! dont look at me that way I am innocent...promise.

Mike

PS dont fret it TH i was grumpy earlier, dead tired and running on fumes...make me a admin and I will make that 2nd forum rock, you should see the site I made on there, been working on it for the last 24 hours straight lol.

Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread