Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What color shirt was your Dad wearing?

I'm not sure; but he wore the blue 'work shirts' almost the time that I knew him. The fishing was a long time before I was born. He also wasn't a hunter. He killed a squirrel with a hammer while working on a fence in the pasture. The squirrel was in a hollow log on the ground and kept sticking it's head out; so Dad hit it!!! lol

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have never been on a forum that had a thread that 'took off' like this one did!!! I hope it keeps going. I really enjoy reading/talking/writing about things that have happened in the past. My mind seems to go back to something that has happened to me or someone I know when I read other's stories. PLEASE! Don't let this thread die!!!

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bosn..........it's illegal for a man to say he "hates fishing". Thought you'd like to know being the law abidding citizen that you are.

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
and another thing....you guys go WAAAAAAAAAAY overboard on your dove recipes. What do you do, take them home and cook them in your cozy kitchens? ANOTHER illegal act. Dove need to be field dressed without removing the legs. You grill them over a oakwood fired grill using the legs to turn them while cooking. Then you can dust them with a little pepper and garlic powder and use the legs for handles. If you aren't going to hunt anymore that day, wash them down with beer.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love dove and quail both fried and served with pan gravy...Mmmmm Goooood.

3%

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM

MALO PERICULOSAM, LIBERTATEM QUAM QUIETAM SERVITUTEM

We will NOT go quietly into the night!

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I make a pretty good dove dish with celery,onions,pan seared dove and then stick it in the oven with a good white wine to braise it slowly in the oven.Great over a pile of wild rice or quinoa.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
and another thing....you guys go WAAAAAAAAAAY overboard on your dove recipes. What do you do, take them home and cook them in your cozy kitchens? ANOTHER illegal act. Dove need to be field dressed without removing the legs. You grill them over a oakwood fired grill using the legs to turn them while cooking. Then you can dust them with a little pepper and garlic powder and use the legs for handles. If you aren't going to hunt anymore that day, wash them down with beer.
The only thing you forgot, was to wrap them little birdys in bacon! :laughing7: :notworthy:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Red when I moved from MI. to TN. to start at the Saturn plant many folks from all over the country were arriving also. One day in Feb. it was about 25-30 degrees outside with no wind. I'm walking into plant in a tee shirt, Levi's, and tennis shoes. The guy next to me has stocking hat, gloves, snowmobile suit and matching boots and scarf. He asks where I'm from and I say MI. and I say "how about you partner" and he says southern CA. Amazing the meaning of cold gets based on where your from.

Your body naturally tries to acclimate to your weather conditions, just like altitude it takes a while. I have lived in Northern North Dakota and Minnesota as well as Nebraska and Colorado and other cold states. Moved back home to Florida in 2001..

My body thinks I still live in North Dakota and is storing about 10-15 pounds of stomach fat, that is my story and I am sticking to it.... :D

3%

Last edited:

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your body naturally tries to acclimate to your weather conditions, just like altitude it takes a while. I have lived in Northern North Dakota and Minnesota as well as Nebraska and Colorado and other cold states. Moved back home to Florida in 2001..

My body thinks I still live in North Dakota and is storing about 10-15 pounds of stomach fat, that is my story and I am sticking to it.... :D

3%

Do you get your feet wet when you shower?:laughing7: Or find a concave woman to dance with?

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
Onfire , you ever stop to think why they call what's played on the jukebox in a country bar 'belly rubin music' ?

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
Any y'all ever sugar cured and smoked deer hams and shoulders ? I used to do that a lot during cold weather when my kids were little and money was tight . Our family of 6 ate 15-16 deer a year fixed various ways . Fresh , canned , or cured and smoked . A limited amount of jerky .

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Limitool..................don't knock those fightin' hippies. When that video is played at normal speed I bet you'll see they put on some vicious moves. :)

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Limitool..................don't knock those fightin' hippies. When that video is played at normal speed I bet you'll see they put on some vicious moves. :)

That may be true guy... but if I speed up the video on my grass growing you actually see it getting taller also.

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
TH, you make me feel so much better. I know now that my body is just storing fat for the colder weather here in Idaho. I've developed quite a beer-belly during the last 3-4 years. Until I read your post, I thought I was sitting around and eating too much!!! Now I can sit around and eat lots without feeling guilty!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions