Brookings-Harbor and Galice Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to REDs PATRIOTIC BUNKER.

This thread is started to fill a gap.The main objective is to have fun discussing shooting,hunting,fishing,eats,drinks,camping,survival,and whatever else comes to mind.I need to stress that there is to be no political discussions or religious discussions.Antagonizing will not be tolerated.We need to keep this thread within the limits of the rules.Have fun,enjoy,learn,thats what life is all about isnt it.....RED JAMES CASH:occasion17:

Discussing hunting. For the first time in about 10 years, I will be bow hunting. Deer, primarily...but wild boar, to keep my adrenaline flowing. I will be sporting an older martin lynx, as I did 10 + years ago. I hunt Turkey with a Recurve. I give the meat to a good friend of mine...down on his luck, because I do not like the gobblers!

OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
I was thinking about getting back into bow hunting.Except I think here in mass you have to take a training course now:laughing9:I wonder what kind of idiot screwed that up:BangHead:

OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I will be sporting an older martin lynx, as I did 10 + years ago.

I have an old Comanche recurve.Its actually pretty decent.It can be broken down into 3 parts,2 parts are about the length of an arrow the third part(the handle)is about 14 inches long.It can be used in either hand.45 pound draw.

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was thinking about getting back into bow hunting.Except I think here in mass you have to take a training course now:laughing9:I wonder what kind of idiot screwed that up:BangHead:

Parts of an Arrow

Arrows have four parts.

Shaft: The long spine of the arrow. Modern arrow shafts are made of wood, fiberglass, aluminum, or carbon. The arrow, regardless of shaft material, must have the correct stiffness to match the bow. As an arrow is released, the shaft bends before straightening in flight. Incorrect stiffness will cause the arrow to fly erratically and inaccurately.

Fletching: The plastic vanes or feathers on an arrow. Fletching creates wind drag and also can cause the arrow to spin similar to a rifle bullet, providing stability and accuracy in flight. Fletching is made up of three or more vanes or feathers. One of the feathers will be a different color and is called the “cock” feather. The remaining feathers are referred to as the “hen” feathers.

Arrowhead: The point of the arrow. Many different kinds of arrow points are available, each with a different purpose and advantage.

Nock: A slotted plastic tip located on the rear end of the arrow that snaps onto the string and holds the arrow in position. There is a certain point on the bowstring, called the “nocking point,” where arrows are nocked. Fine tuning of this location, by moving it up or down the bowstring, is usually required.

Duh

OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Parts of an Arrow

Arrows have four parts.

Shaft: The long spine of the arrow. Modern arrow shafts are made of wood, fiberglass, aluminum, or carbon. The arrow, regardless of shaft material, must have the correct stiffness to match the bow. As an arrow is released, the shaft bends before straightening in flight. Incorrect stiffness will cause the arrow to fly erratically and inaccurately.

Fletching: The plastic vanes or feathers on an arrow. Fletching creates wind drag and also can cause the arrow to spin similar to a rifle bullet, providing stability and accuracy in flight. Fletching is made up of three or more vanes or feathers. One of the feathers will be a different color and is called the “cock” feather. The remaining feathers are referred to as the “hen” feathers.

Arrowhead: The point of the arrow. Many different kinds of arrow points are available, each with a different purpose and advantage.

Nock: A slotted plastic tip located on the rear end of the arrow that snaps onto the string and holds the arrow in position. There is a certain point on the bowstring, called the “nocking point,” where arrows are nocked. Fine tuning of this location, by moving it up or down the bowstring, is usually required.

Duh

I know,what the kind of idiots are in this state and run it:BangHead:.It was bad enough having to take a hunter training course for firearms hunting when I lived in NH.I could of slept through it and still passed.That was about in the middle of when i use to target shoot every single day.Then we had to shot 10 rounds with a .22.they hung the targets on a clothes line and of course the wind was blowing like hell so you know what the paper target was doing.Think i got a 93 out of 100.Only good thing was you got to bring your own .22 rifle.then of course they used standard .22 long rifle cartridges,my rifle was sighted in using .22 yellow jackets,it loved them :laughing7:then of course the range they made us shoot at was something like 25 feet(real good for a rifle with a scope):BangHead: my rifle was sighted in for 50 yards.I just fired 3 shots to see where they were going and then compensated.

OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
meh I'll take these over arrows!

after you see the video mike,you might change your mind.one thing bows have over guns,theyre quiet:laughing7:You dont have a gun mike,you have a small cannon:laughing9:

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Discussing hunting. For the first time in about 10 years, I will be bow hunting. Deer, primarily...but wild boar, to keep my adrenaline flowing. I will be sporting an older martin lynx, as I did 10 + years ago. I hunt Turkey with a Recurve. I give the meat to a good friend of mine...down on his luck, because I do not like the gobblers!

Got a friend whose brother in Waco, Texas knows how to keep the adrenaline flowing. He and his buddies hunt wild boar, but they don't use a bow ... or any type of fire arm.

They chase the hogs down and kill him with their knives.

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got a friend whose brother in Waco, Texas knows how to keep the adrenaline flowing. He and his buddies hunt wild boar, but they don't use a bow ... or any type of fire arm.

They chase the hogs down and kill him with their knives.
Can i use a Kukri?
I would like those odds....

OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Can i use a Kukri?
I would like those odds.

Jack the Rippers tool of the trade:laughing9:

Published on Mar 30, 2013

Comparing the Gurkha blade the Kukri and the French Foreign Legion knife the Camillus.
Footage is mirrored to prevent this from being taken down.

Deadliest Warrior: Kukri vs Camillus

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Can i use a Kukri?
I would like those odds....

I wish I could find the pics I used to have. Three or four hunters covered in blood with the carcass in a patch of woods after dark. Don't think they would care what type of knife it is because them tusks are pretty dangerous.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread