MineLab
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

d-dub

Apr 15, 2009
Chicago, Il
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac & Minelab Excal II
Hey Mayo. The explorer rain cover fits the E-trac just fine. Not sure about an adhesive screen protector.

p2c

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2009
Matteson, IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac and Grey Ghost NDT; Garrett Pointer Pro
I am using the rain cover that Kellyco sells for the Etrac. It works fine for me. Granted, glare is a little bit of an issue...

I found this online after I had already gotten my rain cover; it's called invisi-shield, it sounds like what you are looking for. It appears they make them for I phones, but also etrac.. I don't know what it is, it seems as if it must be some hard encasing.. I know nothing about it, and am not responsible other than pointing out this link. If you get it, let us know what it's like and how it works:

http://www.zagg.com/invisibleshield/minelab-e-trac-cases-screen-protectors-covers-skins-shields.php

d-dub

Apr 15, 2009
Chicago, Il
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac & Minelab Excal II
A buddy of mine put the invisibleshield on his iphone and had a hell of time getting it off. And that was on glass. Unless it has a different adhesive for the etrac, I highly recommend NOT using it. The screen on the etrac is probably thinner than the film of this shield.

OP
OP
Mayo South Elgin

Mayo South Elgin

Feb 5, 2007
South Elgin IL
Detector(s) used
MineLab
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the info !
I looked on the web link about that invisible shield and they claim it's removable but for $22.00 I don't think I'll be getting it just yet. I'm going to contact some companies that make re positionable clear vinyl with temporary or low tac adhesive and see if I can cut some on my computerized cutter.

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
You all remember June? She taught me this trick with saran wrap, I bet it'll work for your detector too.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread