Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Last edited:

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
true but then again I wouldn't want to be the owner of a brokeage firm. God bless his business but despite stress and everything else in my life, I like being a cashier. And I'm off. I am having a craving for corn bread. Now that bread I want the whole thing. LOL. Good thing my mom doesn't like corn bread. Yeah!

::runs off to make yummy sweet corn bread::
Garoulady

kfs

Jul 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All my boxes get repacked, there's a couple TD's by me but I hear the bag fills at $100 so that would be 300 bag changes, next week I'm doing 50,000 so that would be 500 bag changes.

TD has some crappy coin counters. Evey machine around me does 1000 dollars in halves. Machine that fills up on 200 coins must be a real pain in the backside for the employees. I would certainly charge a fee to use a piece of garbage machine like that. I would at least recover the time wasted by my employees changing out bags

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
Did 4 boxes of halves - 2 of which were obviously repacked halves. You people who reroll the coins in the same String rolls, please don't! The coin suppliers just throw them back in a box and ship them back out again, leaving us no chance at silver. Got 1 '64 and 3 40's from other 2.

Some punk, brought in 1.5 thousand dollar's worth of halves to a brinks bank, and they were all sealed back up, string's and sons AND still in their $500 boxes. I wasted a trip to another bank to get my money out to come back & pay for them. i took them home, opened them up half the ends were cut open and sealed back up. 100% skunk. I told the tellers I got shorted on the rolls, around $15 lost total, I said it was not a big deal and I did not care, "Just don't accept rolls of half dollars from the person who deposited them ever again". They said they knew him, and would not let him deposit large amounts again.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd like to find a silver now and then. I'd choke on the whole thing.

FloridaFinder

Aug 27, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
50cent said:
Some punk, brought in 1.5 thousand dollar's worth of halves to a brinks bank, and they were all sealed back up, string's and sons AND still in their $500 boxes. I wasted a trip to another bank to get my money out to come back & pay for them. i took them home, opened them up half the ends were cut open and sealed back up. 100% skunk. I told the tellers I got shorted on the rolls, around $15 lost total, I said it was not a big deal and I did not care, "Just don't accept rolls of half dollars from the person who deposited them ever again". They said they knew him, and would not let him deposit large amounts again.

Did you get shorted or just skunked?

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like Digesting is on a roll, looking for big scores!

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
Did you get shorted or just skunked?

Just skunked, I was sick of getting dumps this way, its just not professional. If you dump in this volume, a bank will be more than happy to accept coinlok, also, there are two banks less than 5 miles away with a coin counting machine. He shouldn't of dumped where I ate.

FloridaFinder

Aug 27, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
50cent said:
Just skunked, I was sick of getting dumps this way, its just not professional. If you dump in this volume, a bank will be more than happy to accept coinlok, also, there are two banks less than 5 miles away with a coin counting machine. He shouldn't of dumped where I ate.

If you didn't get shorted then I wouldn't tell them you were shorted. Honesty is the best policy. If you gave that box back to that bank then they would send it out for verification on the amount, then they could catch you in the lie.

It's simply easier to tell the truth and say you don't like searching other people's searched coins. If they ask you a reason you could say they leave all the scratched up coins, you've been shorted in the past, they take out the best looking ones, etc. One of the worst things about lies is you usually have to cover one lie with another. Alright, I'll get off my soapbox now. Lol

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
50cent said:

You lied to them and said you were shorted when you weren't? Wow.... that is shady dude..

Last edited:

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, and Whites IDX Pro
You lied to them and said you were shorted when you weren't? Wow.... that is slimy dude..

He didn't do it to get money that wasn't his he did it to try and make the bankstop taking in this lazy crhers dumps. Reread before you start throwing knives

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
TD has some crappy coin counters. Evey machine around me does 1000 dollars in halves. Machine that fills up on 200 coins must be a real pain in the backside for the employees. I would certainly charge a fee to use a piece of garbage machine like that. I would at least recover the time wasted by my employees changing out bags

I dump on these often. Horrible take forever with any vs volume

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ugotit22 said:
He didn't do it to get money that wasn't his he did it to try and make the bankstop taking in this lazy crhers dumps. Reread before you start throwing knives

Oh ok i didn't realize lying was ok when it benefits you personally... I can't stand people who repack their dumps, but lying to the bank and spreading false info about their customer is simply wrong whether you agree with it or not.. He lied to a bank for his own convenience and might have ruined the other customers relationship and credibility with them in the process.. I could care less what you think.. I have morals and while I hate repacks as much as the next person, I would never lie and sabotage another hunter simply because I don't like how they dump their coins.. I have no problem with 50cent but IMO what he did was wrong..

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
Oh ok i didn't realize lying was ok when it benefits you personally... I can't stand people who repack their dumps, but lying to the bank and spreading false info about their customer is simply wrong whether you agree with it or not.. He lied to a bank for his own convenience and might have ruined the other customers relationship and credibility with them in the process.. I could care less what you think.. I have morals and while I hate repacks as much as the next person, I would never lie and sabotage another hunter simply because I don't like how they dump their coins.. I have no problem with 50cent but IMO what he did was wrong..

We are all taking advantage of banks generosity and ordering coin for nothing more then our own gain. Its alittle late for the I have a moral code rant. The hunter will hurt himself over time dumping much more then a random dude saying rolls where short.
We are all in the business of getting something for free off of someone kindness or loopholes.
Doesn't sound to moral to me

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ugotit22 said:
We are all taking advantage of banks generosity and ordering coin for nothing more then our own gain. Its alittle late for the I have a moral code rant. The hunter will hurt himself over time dumping much more then a random dude saying rolls where short.
We are all in the business of getting something for free off of someone kindness or loopholes.
Doesn't sound to moral to me

This is the last thing I will say because I really don't want this to become an argument. I have no problem with you, 50cent, or anyone else on this forum.. If the guy was going to get cut off eventually, then that is how it should have happened.. I get annoyed by people who repack just as much as the next guy, but I would never go into a bank and sabotage someone else's credibility by making up lies about them. Also, what we do as roll hunters is not immoral in anyway.. We are customers and the banks decide to provide us a service since we keep our funds with them.. I am not spouting how moral I am, but I don't think what he did was right.. He made up a lie to make his life more convenient.. I don't repack my dumps ( in the same wrappers ), but I do purchase wraps and rewrap some of them. If someone lied to the bank and told them I shorted them money simply for their own benefit as a hunter, I would be infuriated.. I don't understand how you can believe this is ok, but to each their own.. Either way I am done with this convo.. You both can do as you wish, but It really doesn't sit well with me.. Good luck on your hunting guys..

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
AdDicted2Ag said:

Seems to me that this was a white lie. He made no attempt to profit or defraud anyone. As far as putting the dumper out of business, he should be put out of business because he extends no courtesy to the poor hunter who gets his crappy repacked boxes. Not trying to start anything but in my opinion, the dumper is in the wrong here.

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mercury1 said:
Seems to me that this was a white lie. He made no attempt to profit or defraud anyone. As far as putting the dumper out of business, he should be put out of business because he extends no courtesy to the poor hunter who gets his crappy repacked boxes. Not trying to start anything but in my opinion, the dumper is in the wrong here.

I understand your point..

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used

1000%

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ugotit22 said:

I really do get where you guys are coming from.. I would just never do that..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions