Resault of my first open hunt :)

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Hello all,,,
First off, I'd like to thank Bigrig40 for informing me of the hunt in the first place, and also, I'd like to thank the Down'N Diry Diggers, & Mike's Detectors in Geogetown, IN. for having me. I had an awesome time... It was nice meeting bigrig, he seems to be a really nice guy. Other than him trying to mess with me while I was trying to hunt. He kept putting his knife over my coil, causing me to dig, by the time I figured out there was nothing there, he was gone grabbing all the rest of the goodies... :'(
Na, he actually only did that once... ;D

I think I did pretty good, considering it was my first time at,
SPEED HUNTING.
, that's what they should call it. I had little old guys passing me by like they were in a Ferrari, and I was in a wheelchair... ;D
I accomplished two first on the hunt, my first Walker, and my first Half Dollar X 5. I always figured if I ever found either of them I would stop to glaze at their glory. This was not the case here, I didn't hardly even glance at it before I was off to try and find another. I sure did look at them after the hunt, though... ;D Also found 7 Washinton's, 6 Roosevelt's, and 1 mercury. The other two Sacagawea Dollars I found in the compition hunt... I also won one of their door prizes, which was very nice... It was a basket with several what-nots, a music box, and a good size wind sock with "USA" on it...
I hope everyone had a great Father's Day weekend, & Happy hunting to all...

Attachments

• FirstOpenHunt.JPG
    FirstOpenHunt.JPG
    21.5 KB · Views: 551
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Leon

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Westie,,, along with stoney56, and bk's tips... Here is another site: http://www.losttreasure.com/latestissue/calendar.cfm
As bk said, any one who hasn't gone to at least one of these should give it a try. They are a lot of fun and ya get to meet a lot of other detectorist.

Also, something I forgot to mention in the earlier post. As some of you know just before the hunt I injured my index finger and could barley dig a few days before the hunt. As expected, once i started finding the silver, I didn't feel a bit of pain... ;D
It did still hurt later, but it's getting much better now, still being careful with it though...
Good luck all, & Happy hunting~

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
One other little tip, if you have a few aches and pains then pack a few Aleve's or something similar. Taken an hour or so before a hunt really helps till get home and a good soak.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread