Oct 16, 2009
Digging Relics
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox and CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well it's Nov 22nd, still no snow and was very warm considering...We decided to go back to our new site area, as our research pointed out to a prominent Loyalist. I think we found the site with the aid of the land owner. The site was very good to the finds over the years with lack of fertilizer in the ground. The main Colonial site was bulldozed by the landowner many years ago and the other sites much further up on the hill. I managed to get 3 RP buttons from the site with some edge loss and one so worn down I can't see much on it, fantastic shaped Geo II coin dated 1752, 1861 NS large cent, 1843 Vicky, possibly a french coin, neat trunk piece, almost pewter button with pewter shank and normal finds at such a site.
I am also including my detecting buds finds here as he is not a member of the site and he found them right beside me today. I believe they deserve mentioning. He first dug this Rattlesnake button with 13 stars to represent the original 13 states and also this RP button with NO pitting or edge loss, this would be eagle to the USA button in the banner as far as comparison. May not be in order...Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• 2 RP's.jpg
    2 RP's.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 557
  • Pewter back.jpg
    Pewter back.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 593
  • 1752 back.jpg
    1752 back.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 581
  • Geo II 1752.jpg
    Geo II 1752.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 596
  • NS LC.jpg
    NS LC.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 514
  • Queen 1843.jpg
    Queen 1843.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 134
  • trunk.jpg
    trunk.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 137
  • Group 2.jpg
    Group 2.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 129
  • Marcel RP.jpg
    Marcel RP.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 560
  • Rattlesnake1.jpg
    Rattlesnake1.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 638
  • Rattlesnake 2.jpg
    Rattlesnake 2.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 470
Last edited:
Upvote 18

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That would be a dream hunt for me. The RP buttons are killer but a rattlesnake button is very near the top of my list to dig. That particular one is incredible. That button is perfect and I'm actially shocked at the condition. Tell your buddy a huge congrats from a very jealous fella in Maine. Co fears to you as well as those are some amazing finds. Those are the sites that you just hope will give up those scarce or rare finds as you know the condition could be stellar. Great post bud. I would be there everyday until there wasn't a peep to be heard

Vino

Banned
Jul 7, 2013
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to go Patriot.
How about that. A Patriot finding a Patriot button!!!
Fantastic. And the RP buttons are Awesome. Would love to add both of them to my collection.

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That 13 Star studded, rattlesnake button is above and beyond any condition
one could possibly hope for being a dug artifact .
Stunning , Dream Find
Congrats to your friend .
Thank you for posting for all to see ,
HH to ya'll , and I
wish I found it . :laughing7:

CMDdawg

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
QUICK SOMEONE GET ME MY DETECTOR I THINK IM GONNA FAINT . DAMN WHAT FINDS.UNREAL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IAMZIM

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2011
Butte City, Montana
Detector(s) used
ace 250/garret pinpointer, garret AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy crap that button is in incredible shape!

49r Relics

Jan 11, 2008
Gold Country (California)
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett AT Pro, Makro Racer 2, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Detector Pro Grey Ghost headphones, Lesche diggers, Apex picks.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, what an incredible mixture of killer finds there! History, history, history! I love that one-piece button with the Stars. Congrats.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread