Rings, chinese coin pocket dump, gold pendant

Iskuli

Jun 17, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites-DSL
Good week! I found 4 more rings for the year. My total is 6 rings (3 gold, 3 silver). Going for 100 for 2009. I am on my way. I also found a tiny gold pendant. For the first time ever....a chinese coin dump. There are still more of them. I just got tired of digging them. I will have a total total next time I go out. Anyone know anything about chinese coins? Are they old, new, worth anything. Last, but not least, I have a metal button. Usually I can tell how old it is by the back of the button; however, this one's missing. Any ideas if it is a military? Thanks for looking and happy hunting.

Attachments

• w2 finds 001.jpg
    w2 finds 001.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 1,101
  • w2 finds 005.jpg
    w2 finds 005.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 1,093
  • w2 finds 006.jpg
    w2 finds 006.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 1,102
  • w2 finds 010.jpg
    w2 finds 010.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 1,086
  • w2 finds 008.jpg
    w2 finds 008.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 1,077
Upvote 0

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep um coming, looks on track for the ring target!

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
Congrats on your rings and pendant!!

You're off to a great start in '09!! :thumbsup:

Love the chinese coin cache too!! :thumbsup:

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

SoreKneesDayton

Bronze Member
Oct 27, 2007
Dayton, Oh
Detector(s) used
Whites M-6 with Bullseye Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to go Ring Lady. I think I need to learn your skills. Please tell me you were beach hunting to find those. I would hate to think I have been passing over that kind of stuff at the park. Anyway congrats. What detector were you using and how deep were the finds.

SKD

baylorhall

Nov 17, 2008
North Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You amaze me!! Love the James Avery dove ring. I came up with a Hong Kong dollar coin at a school, but never anything like that spill of Chinese coins. Can't imagine leaving some behind. Let us know when you learn more about them.

time4me

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2005
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Explorer II, Excalibur
Sweet! And I'd also like to know - are you beach hunting or turf hunting to find all of your rings?

Jim

OP
OP
Iskuli

Iskuli

Jun 17, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites-DSL
I hunt swimming holes at a local lake. I have asked a few old timers where people used to swim & go where I know people swim during the summer months. The finds are about 2 - 3 inches deep. I stick to the water and sand and sometimes rocks because I can dig fast, clean up fast and keep moving. I probably average 75-100 poptops to every gold ring I find. I've gotten so I count the poptops to get a feel for how close I am to a ring. Reverse psychology on myself. I have found that for me, jewelry hunting is all about location, location, location.

kibitzr

Dec 18, 2007
Niles,Mich
Detector(s) used
Expl SE, Excalibur ll, E-Trac, Whites V3
Nice rings ,and cashe /pocket spill...looks like you were busy diggin HH :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
very nice job on the rings! The chinese coins are chinese cash coins from 1776-1795. Only worth about $2 on ebay. Nice find though! I found 2 of them at my uncles late 1800's home so thats how i know.

mlhudson

Mar 19, 2006
GADSDEN, ALA.
Detector(s) used
All White's Detectors MXT and IDX_pro, ANY OLD DETECTOR WILL DO
way to go , love the coins, nice ring hand display, where did you get it ?hope you fill you hand with a hundred rings, happy hunting :thumbsup:

mlhudson

P

Pentico

Congratulations on the great ring finds and the quest to 100 rings!
Again, I am no mathematician but you are on track to hit 147 rings this year if you keep up this pace.
Continued success in 09!

DN

arizonaames

Dec 13, 2008
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MXT, TDI, Whites Dual Field, Goldmaster VSAT, Fisher CZ 21
The Jiao (Chinese coins) are very old. The new ones are made of aluminum and I have a bunch of those. You can go to ebay and see what they are selling for.....jim

camb1

Bronze Member
Dec 11, 2006
Southern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000 & Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well you are on your way to your goal. Six in 10 days is doing great. :thumbsup:

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats! You should have no trouble reaching your goal at his rate.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread