Road Trip!!!! Have a drink on me.............

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Livin' in a tar-paper shack in the woods of Easter
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, Whites QXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, "Mighty" Diggin' Tool
My buddy Gold Sniffin' Dog decided to take me on a lil' road trip today so I packed up the ol' Compass & we drove 40 miles to a very small town called Lava Hot Springs. We hit a water park that is closed for the winter & scored some clad, Dog dug a sweet Black Hills gold ring! After about an hour I realy had to go.........um, urinate, so we jumped in his car & were heading for the park that we figured had restrooms when on Main st we see a porta-pottie at a jobsite. It was a building tear down & about 30 foot of sidewalk was ripped up & ready to be poured, so we stopped, I ..........um, urinated & then we detected the sidewalk strip. I dug this Seagrams token at about 6 inches, machine was screaming .50 cents! Says "80 years of leadership, fine whiskeys since 1857" which puts this at 1937. On the back says "The Seagram creed of craftmanship, Rule #1 Make finer whiskies, make them taste better". Is in better shape than the pics shows, also found two wheaties, 41' & 44'. Also hit two old homesteads on the side of the road & dug up my first old shotgun shell & about 10 lbs of rusty iron.........Michigan Badger would be proud of me! Great day today & I think I need to get outa town more often, expand my detecting horizons! ;D

Attachments

• Road Trip 10-21-06.jpg
    Road Trip 10-21-06.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 389
  • Seagrams token front.jpg
    Seagrams token front.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 387
  • Seagrams token back.jpg
    Seagrams token back.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 386
Upvote 0

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way cool token! Congrats on your finds!

Nana :)

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi A.p nice token :o :o :o and if you keep finding heeps of clad , you soon have your new toys paid for.WTG mate HH

tinpan

OP
OP
Mighty AP

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Detector(s) used
No Tinpan.........I'll be able to buy another Compass! lol I found heaps of iron at the homesteads, pic is just a fraction of the junque I drug home. Shotgun shell is a Remington Express 20 guage, the big shiny disc is a watchback & didnt notice til I cleaned it up just now but it has an engraving of a farmer waving a flag on it! lol Dont look like an American flag though, damn foriegner no doubt. Might be Australian............you guys farm down under TP? :D

Attachments

• junque.jpg
    junque.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 350
  • watchbackA.jpg
    watchbackA.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 341

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi a.p thnk for sharing the rest of your finds and they as good as what i find.awsome relics ;) ;) ;) hh

t.p

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice token AP...gonna look good in the collection,look even better in mine....Congrat's and HH!!

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
WYG Mighty AP, congrats on all the cool finds.
Love the token and I hope there's more good luck for you there soon.

Smiles!
BDoo

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice token, AP. 8)

I'm glad to see LQ still lets you out the door. You must have been a very good boy this week. ;) :D

OP
OP
Mighty AP

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Detector(s) used
Mona Lisa said:
Nice token, AP. 8)

I'm glad to see LQ still lets you out the door. You must have been a very good boy this week. ;) :D

Lisa...........Im a VERY good boy EVERY week. Thanks for the replies everyone, Im gonna try a few new spots today.......as soon as it warms up a bit. At 8AM its 20 bone-chilling degrees! :(

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
8 in the morning and 20 degrees and your
still in the house? What is the problem?

;) ;D

have a good un............

M

mchamby

Nice looking token AP, 20 degrees Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr I'm still wrapped in my blanket.
HH
Mchamby

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions