Road Trip!!!! Have a drink on me.............

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Livin' in a tar-paper shack in the woods of Easter
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, Whites QXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, "Mighty" Diggin' Tool
My buddy Gold Sniffin' Dog decided to take me on a lil' road trip today so I packed up the ol' Compass & we drove 40 miles to a very small town called Lava Hot Springs. We hit a water park that is closed for the winter & scored some clad, Dog dug a sweet Black Hills gold ring! After about an hour I realy had to go.........um, urinate, so we jumped in his car & were heading for the park that we figured had restrooms when on Main st we see a porta-pottie at a jobsite. It was a building tear down & about 30 foot of sidewalk was ripped up & ready to be poured, so we stopped, I ..........um, urinated & then we detected the sidewalk strip. I dug this Seagrams token at about 6 inches, machine was screaming .50 cents! Says "80 years of leadership, fine whiskeys since 1857" which puts this at 1937. On the back says "The Seagram creed of craftmanship, Rule #1 Make finer whiskies, make them taste better". Is in better shape than the pics shows, also found two wheaties, 41' & 44'. Also hit two old homesteads on the side of the road & dug up my first old shotgun shell & about 10 lbs of rusty iron.........Michigan Badger would be proud of me! Great day today & I think I need to get outa town more often, expand my detecting horizons! ;D

Attachments

• Road Trip 10-21-06.jpg
    Road Trip 10-21-06.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 399
  • Seagrams token front.jpg
    Seagrams token front.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 396
  • Seagrams token back.jpg
    Seagrams token back.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 395
Upvote 0
Way cool token! Congrats on your finds!

Nana :)

Hi A.p nice token :o :o :o and if you keep finding heeps of clad , you soon have your new toys paid for.WTG mate HH

tinpan

No Tinpan.........I'll be able to buy another Compass! lol I found heaps of iron at the homesteads, pic is just a fraction of the junque I drug home. Shotgun shell is a Remington Express 20 guage, the big shiny disc is a watchback & didnt notice til I cleaned it up just now but it has an engraving of a farmer waving a flag on it! lol Dont look like an American flag though, damn foriegner no doubt. Might be Australian............you guys farm down under TP? :D

Attachments

• junque.jpg
    junque.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 359
  • watchbackA.jpg
    watchbackA.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 350
Hi a.p thnk for sharing the rest of your finds and they as good as what i find.awsome relics ;) ;) ;) hh

t.p

Very nice token AP...gonna look good in the collection,look even better in mine....Congrat's and HH!!

WYG Mighty AP, congrats on all the cool finds.
Love the token and I hope there's more good luck for you there soon.

Smiles!
BDoo

Nice token, AP. 8)

I'm glad to see LQ still lets you out the door. You must have been a very good boy this week. ;) :D

Mona Lisa said:
Nice token, AP. 8)

I'm glad to see LQ still lets you out the door. You must have been a very good boy this week. ;) :D

Lisa...........Im a VERY good boy EVERY week. Thanks for the replies everyone, Im gonna try a few new spots today.......as soon as it warms up a bit. At 8AM its 20 bone-chilling degrees! :(

8 in the morning and 20 degrees and your
still in the house? What is the problem?

;) ;D

have a good un............

Nice looking token AP, 20 degrees Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr I'm still wrapped in my blanket.
HH
Mchamby

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back