Road Trip produces my first Fifty Pence and Ben along with a nice silver load!

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
Took a little road trip today and had a first. After CRH for two months I finally scored my first Ben! I hit about six banks in a 50 mile cruise into the country and had scored eight 40% after $1100 in hand rolls mostly from hand rolls and was heading back home when I stopped at a virgin bank. They had $120 in hand rolls which I bought. First roll had a couple 40% and out rolled a 50 Pence coin. Thought this was strange but figured OK at least I didn't get skunked. Checked the next roll and out comes 18 40%! I'm liking this. Each roll was about the same with a couple clad thrown in, By the time I made it through the 12 rolls I had $85 in silver including two Bens. Made for a nice ending to the trip!

Maine_Jim

Attachments

• Silver!.gif
    Silver!.gif
    110.4 KB · Views: 246
Upvote 0

mountainman 2

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2006
Extreme Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
whites classic sl,whites surfmaster,garrett ATX,minelab vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Think of how many boxes you would have to go thru to pull that much silver. WTG.

OP
OP
maine_Jim

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
Re: Road Trip produces my first Fifty Pence and Ben along with a nice silver loa

Yea - I know what you mean about the boxes. I have seven boxes coming in this week, if I pull a dozen 40%'s I would be surprised. Seems most the boxes have been cleaned out. Getting this much silver in one stop was a testament to LJs persistence rule!

Maine_Jim

OP
OP
maine_Jim

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
Re: Road Trip produces my first Fifty Pence and Ben along with a nice silver loa

There is a proof there, a 1974. There also is a 1971 rainbow coin that doesn't show up too well in the picture(3rd one on bottom row) that I liked and a 2002-D. The last one is the 50 Pence coin that's worth about a buck if I make it over to England.

Maine_Jim

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy cr@p - thats awesome!!!! :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions