rock with two arrows on it

frankie

Feb 7, 2010
mass
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 deus excalibur sovern but used gp4500 sd2200 whites nd a few fisher. Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found a small rock and allmost missed it.it like 4 inches hi and12 in long. it allmost looks like it came out of the dirt a long time ago.it has like 3 groves in it from which i think indians use to make arrow heads sharp or to form them and on one side is scraped one big arrow[ the point with the shaft,no feather] like total length 3inches long by 1 inch hi which you could miss easily and then a smaller arrow pointing in the ground. any ideas.will show a picture later after work when i can get the light just right and im done with work.i think its saying that something is buried.but some signs in rocks my in the pass mean different things. i found this rock in mass on cape cod.im going looking this weekend. it was pointing to this old 10 by 10 falling down shed which use to be a post office over 50 years ago. theirs also a rd about 500 ft from where i found the rock,plus some houses close by.

Upvote 0

missionman

Feb 3, 2010
It sounds also like it could have been something they used to straighten the shafts prior to attaching the arrowheads. Are the grooves rounded enough for that or are they too angled for that purpose? Sounds interesting, hope you have something there. Careful who you show it to, dont want you to get clipped for picking up the wrong type of artifact. (P.C. crowd)

OP
OP
F

frankie

Feb 7, 2010
mass
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 deus excalibur sovern but used gp4500 sd2200 whites nd a few fisher. Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
just sent some bad pictures to the forum. looks better in life. and the groves are angled

OP
OP
F

frankie

Feb 7, 2010
mass
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
more croped pictures

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unique find its just hard to see the pics need to be made smaller no disrespect to you my huge pc screen does not do them justice i made one [pic smaller for me to see Good hunt :icon_thumleft:

Attachments

• rock.jpg
    rock.jpg
    217.3 KB · Views: 1,142
OP
OP
F

frankie

Feb 7, 2010
mass
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
its hard to take pictures of it,but ill outline it. you can see it better in person. and i dont smoke!and im going back with a detector and if i find something,then we will see who's smoking what ha ha

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks to me like two arrows with a rock in it. But I occasionally smell colors.
Carl

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cant see anything in your pics,but they didnt sharpen arrowheads on rocks,they did rub the edge to form a flat surface to get a "bite",while chipping arrowheads though
I have several of these rocks but have never seen any portraying shapes.Cant you get a lead rub of what you are seeing??

armchairQB30

Jun 21, 2007
I know that I am a rookie to this website but could someone explain to me what this thread is about? I am lost? :icon_scratch:

Nashoba

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2006
Washington and Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace250/Prospecter Bounty hunter(Backup)
jasper62 said:
lurediver said:
Am I the only normal one reading this crap?
Why is this Crap? To think it is one thing but to Dog someones thread. :icon_scratch:

No kidding. Some people may be a bit more inclined than others to be quite descriptive and articulate. I certainly see some marks on this rock and, in person, I may see just what this person is trying to portray. Often times, stories, even those with pics, are confusing to a lot of us.
All of the guilty parties here need to get real though and stop being doggin' people with rude comments just because you don't get whatever someone is trying to say or see what they see in person.
Treat people like you would want to be treated if YOU had a story to tell and were trying, but maybe couldn't quite get it across.
For what it's worth

~Nash~

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nashoba said:
jasper62 said:
lurediver said:
Why is this Crap? To think it is one thing but to Dog someones thread. :icon_scratch:

No kidding. Some people may be a bit more inclined than others to be quite descriptive and articulate. I certainly see some marks on this rock and, in person, I may see just what this person is trying to portray. Often times, stories, even those with pics, are confusing to a lot of us.
All of the guilty parties here need to get real though and stop being doggin' people with rude comments just because you don't get whatever someone is trying to say or see what they see in person.
Treat people like you would want to be treated if YOU had a story to tell and were trying, but maybe couldn't quite get it across.
For what it's worth

~Nash~

man, what a load of crap :wink: :laughing9:

Sniffy

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2009
Connecticut
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Prizm III Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok...wheres the ghost again?

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sniffy said:
Ok...wheres the ghost again?

oh, come on, everyone see's the ghost, that not the question :wink:

Golden1

Bronze Member
May 2, 2008
Pittsfield ma
Detector(s) used
Whites PRIZM IV,Whites M-6
lurediver said:
It's people like you that scare off potential charter members!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:(
Nobody on T-Net needs to read your negative B S@%$ >:(

P.S. I'll be waiting for your finds to be posted :laughing9:

G1

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions