Royal Regiment of Artillery, Half Cent, 1864L? Injun!

SouthJerseyJim

Jan 8, 2009
Nova Cæsarea
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 LTD 13" Detech
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Had a blast today after work at a hunted out field that Ive been to many times with my shadow. Now Im using the T2 and it's like a whole new field. First good target was an 1809 Half Cent! My 2nd of the year. Then I popped out this beauty of an 1864 indian. I am not sure how to judge if its an L or not can't really see an L. Does have a narrow mouth though you be the judge. Then I popped this beautiful Royal Regiment of Artillery button. I think it dates about 1812 because it is not convex. Just flat no back mark. Also found a local relic. Pewter or lead rosette or seal that says "A Mcully? and Son's Camden NJ". Also found a few buckles. My buddy Matt got a nice tombac cuff and a 1901 injun. Some of these targets especially the HC were super deep. Im not used to digging beyond the 12" shoveled plug. Can't wait to get back out with the T2 tomorrow. Hope you enjoy the pics. :headbang:
P8200538-1.jpg

P8200544.jpg

P8200545.jpg

P8200533.jpg

P8200534.jpg

P8200541.jpg

P8200542.jpg

P8200543.jpg

Upvote 0
g-olden years said:
On your local rosette, due to the space between M and C plus the little squiggle between them near their top, I think the name is probably McCULLY and have known people with similar name using the small c before the large C. (I can't make the smaller "c" look as high with my keyboard letters, but ya get the drift ....) Andi

Good eye! Here is the full story:

This maker's plate once was attached to a harness made by A. McCully & Sons, 22 Market Street, Camden, New Jersey. This firm provided the first harnesses for the paid fire department in 1869.

FB-96-3a.jpg

A. McCULLY & SONS, HARNESS MAKERS
22 MARKET STREET

Way back in 1860 Mr. A. McCully established the business which bears his name. The founder is now deceased, the firm consisting of his son, W. A. McCully and Eli T. Garrison, who succeeded to the proprietorship on his death.

The large three-story structure, 22 Market street, Camden NJ
with a frontage of 25 and a depth of 110 feet, is occupied
entire, and an extensive business is done, fifteen
employees being kept constantly at work in its spacious,
work-rooms on the second and third floors. The sales- rooms and offices occupy the entire first floor, and are handsomely fitted up with samples of the stock manufactured and carried, embracing everything in horse furnishings ,of all possible grades and prices. Complete sets of harness or portions of a horse's equipment, such as collars, saddles, blankets, whips, sheets, robes, fly-nets, lap-rugs, etc., are here displayed in infinite variety. Both of the young and energetic proprietors are natives of Camden, and highly respected in both social and business circles.

The location is now swallowed up by the historic RCA Victor building.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back