Sad Sad Day

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's gotta go....sellin' off my stash. My hard earned stash, that's for sure. I've got some debt and bills, and this will actually put me back in the black again. I figure after I sell it, I'll be much more financially stable and then I can CRH and purely enjoy it for the hobby rather than worrying about how much $$ I'm making in silver each week. So, in a way this is setting me free. I also have some of my dad's and grandma's coins that are going too. I'm selling to provident metals. It's not a lot, honestly, but it's enough to make a difference. Of course, I'm only selling culled silver and am keeping all my really good coins.

See ya JFK

Upvote 0

joeismad

Dec 7, 2012
I'm sorry that you need to sell, but getting out of debt and being free and clear is a great thing. My family has found an easy way to help increase our stash of silver. It might work for you in addition to detecting and CRH. Every time you have some extra CASH that is not accounted for elsewhere buy some silver. An eagle, 40%, a handful of dimes, whatever. In the long run you will add value to your next egg and be happier than if you had spent that money on a DVD the #1 value meal from your favorite fast food restaurant.

Sent from my iPad using TreasureNet

OP
OP
SilverForBrains

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dont understand what you mean...

So say spot is at like $33 and on ebay a $10 90% roll is going for $230 (these numbers are off the top of my head), you pay a total of 12% to ebay and paypal, or $24 or so. If you're like me, you suck at using the postal service and you lose another $5 shipping. Anyways, you net $205. That's what I just sold my 90% $10 rolls for at provident with spot just less than $30.

OP
OP
SilverForBrains

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sorry that you need to sell, but getting out of debt and being free and clear is a great thing. My family has found an easy way to help increase our stash of silver. It might work for you in addition to detecting and CRH. Every time you have some extra CASH that is not accounted for elsewhere buy some silver. An eagle, 40%, a handful of dimes, whatever. In the long run you will add value to your next egg and be happier than if you had spent that money on a DVD the #1 value meal from your favorite fast food restaurant.

I love this method, I usually don't buy silver with it but I stash away a dime roll here and there and all my presidential dollars that tellers talk me into buying, and bam there's a few hundred bucks before you know it

OP
OP
SilverForBrains

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know the feeling...had to sell a couple rolls of 90% today. The kid needs a new set of drums! Not bad considering I actually bought them for $20.:thumbsup:

Maine_Jim

that's awesome, investing in your kids is something that will never go down in value! nice choice on the drum set! That's my philosophy too, I get silver for so cheap, that if I sell at $29 vs. $35, oh well! now if I bought at $32 I wouldn't be so happy right now.

FloridaFinder

Aug 27, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
SilverForBrains said:
Anyways, you net $205. That's what I just sold my 90% $10 rolls for at provident with spot just less than $30.

Do you have to pay the shipping to Provident? That would affect the net return. Just curious in case I might use them in the future.

joeismad

Dec 7, 2012
SilverForBrains said:
that's awesome, investing in your kids is something that will never go down in value! nice choice on the drum set! That's my philosophy too, I get silver for so cheap, that if I sell at $29 vs. $35, oh well! now if I bought at $32 I wouldn't be so happy right now.

How do you get it that cheap or do you mean detecting and CRH?

OP
OP
SilverForBrains

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How do you get it that cheap or do you mean detecting and CRH?

yea, mostly CRH. I've never found any real volume metal detecting. so in that case I'm paying a little over a dollar an ounce

OP
OP
SilverForBrains

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you have to pay the shipping to Provident? That would affect the net return. Just curious in case I might use them in the future.

Yea, unfortunately you have to pay shipping and also I would insure the package too, which they also have us pay for. The insurance doesn't argue for either since it would make sense to insure a large silver shipment selling on ebay too. I think shipping cost me like $12, spread out over many ounces it doesn't affect it that much

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
I disagree with the others who say it sucks to have to sell. I say it is GREAT that you CAN sell. Becaue you bought them at face and are selling at a wonderful profit, and because you are using the money to release your stress and set you free from some debts. Shoot, that's what we WANT with our money. to use it to get to a position where we feel good. There's no good to holding all your coins and then stressing and killing yourself to pay off debt that you have, as it grows with interest. USE what you found, get yourself free, and be GLAD that you FOUND all those coins.

I saw where a man died, after living a pauper's life, and had $7 million in gold coins in his garage. NOt what you want. Use your stash to do something GOOD for yourself, and then what you did has a positive purpose. So yes, I see this as your hobby doing something for you that will be great for you for a long time to come, versus sitting in the box or safe and being there but doing no good.

Sorry you had debts, but glad you could (mostly) cover it with such low cost CRh money. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions