SamCash123s Log

samcash123

Tenderfoot
Nov 2, 2013
The Land of The Ice and Snow
Primary Interest:
Other
SamCash123's Log

I just picked up this hobby on Saturday of last week. I went and got a couple of rolls of pennies and got like 2 wheats out of 8$. I went back to the bank on Monday and got 50$ worth and the tellers thought I was crazy. In those boxes i got 28 wheats the oldest being a 1909. I will stop back at the bank today and get some more pennies and update on this post.

-Hunt On!
SamCash123

p.s. I need to make a cool signature

Hunter612

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2013
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The 1909 is an awesome find! When I started I got weird looks too, but now the tellers are used to me. Happy hunting!

mtk76

Jan 9, 2013
3rd District
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the hobby and awesome find on the 1909! Found a 1919 in a coin machine myself recently.

Pennies are a fun denomination to hunt you always find something usually are you saving/sorting copper?

I got mostly pennies on my log to if your curious what others typically find.

MTK

OP
OP
S

samcash123

Tenderfoot
Nov 2, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
I went through another 50$ and got 11 wheats and 28 candians. With the oldest wheat being a 1934 so not a bad 2 boxes. MTK, I am not saving copper because it will cut into my already low bankroll for doing this but I might later on. I might go out and cash these in and get another 2 boxes but I will post the results here

-Hunt On!
SamCash123

OP
OP
S

samcash123

Tenderfoot
Nov 2, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
I went through another 50$ worth of pennies and got 19 wheats and 14 canadians. However what made this special was I found an 1899 INDIAN HEAD PENNY!!! I will post pictures of it later. I will for sure go back to that same bank and get another 50 tomorrow morning.

-Hunt On!
SamCash123

Will45

Sep 1, 2013
PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went through another 50$ worth of pennies and got 19 wheats and 14 canadians. However what made this special was I found an 1899 INDIAN HEAD PENNY!!! I will post pictures of it later. I will for sure go back to that same bank and get another 50 tomorrow morning.

-Hunt On!
SamCash123

That's a nice find.

OP
OP
S

samcash123

Tenderfoot
Nov 2, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
Got Another 50$ worth and got 16 Wheats and a whopping 29 Canadians. That'll be it for the weekend and I will try to get some more on monday!

-Hunt On!
Samcash123

mtk76

Jan 9, 2013
3rd District
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The IH was a real great find not easy at all was it in a customer or machine wrapped roll?

OP
OP
S

samcash123

Tenderfoot
Nov 2, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
The IH was a real great find not easy at all was it in a customer or machine wrapped roll?

It was machine wrapped roll I got in a regular 25$ box it was also in like the 2nd or 3rd roll I pulled out of the box. BTW where is the best place to sell Wheaties/IH besides like ebay or craigslist? Are there any online collectors or anything?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread