guzz1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2007
Sarasota
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 . Carrot
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
HAd One Great detector :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft:

firstbiggestmost

Oct 29, 2009
Florida
Detector(s) used
Excall II, Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jangles said:
I don't have one but I've been reading the manual online, my question is what is the preferred mode, normal or VCO search mode, there manual seems a little confusing, then again maybe if I had the detector in hand might be a different story.
Thanks

Its going to be a personal preference thing. I started out using the VCO because the manual and other things I read seemed to lean in that direction. Vco works good and the tone changes from low to high as you center the target. I found that different metals will only be able to reach a certain pitch, so it can tell you a bit about what you are detecting before you dig. Lately I have been hunting in normal mode to keep things simple, so I can focus on the threshold and concentrate on hearing deep signals. There is still a lot of inflection to the one tone, if you have the ears for it. As for using VCO to pin point I don't bother. It is nice to have the choice though. If your serious about getting a PI get yourself a copy of Pulse power. It doesn't talk about the shark specifically but there is still a ton of information in it that will help you in the hunt. Happy Hunting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread