Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Banning, California
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Gang,
Ok, I have spent the last 2 months trying to get the wagon " ready " for a couple of overnight adventure's. I will be going to Plaster City by way of Alpine and Campo. From there I will be at Calexico and up to Split Mt and Warner's Ranch before I head home.... So does anyone have anything they could let me know that might help the trip ?? Anything to look out for, anything to go see, anything that we help not get stuck ;D ;D ;D

Thankx
PLL

BruceHuffington

Feb 13, 2006
So-Cal
Detector(s) used
Minelab GP3000
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Take a friend to push if you get stuck ;D

Looks like a nice ride, don't go crazy and you'll probably be fine

OP
OP
pegleglooker

pegleglooker

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Banning, California
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey gang,
Ok I"M BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACCKK!!!!!!!! And I made it out alive..... I saw some really cool things.... Tried to get to see Diana Lindsay ( a Anza Borrego desert expert and Major author ) but she won't be back till next week... Then I'll try again. Next stop was a town called Campo, I read a small story awhile back about a shoot out and wanted to check it out. When I got there they were all in a meeting and I had to wait, so I took some pixs and explored a bit ( lost my sunglasses ). Campo was a stage stop back in the 1800's, I'll write the whole story but it will take some time maybe by next week.

PICT1238.JPG

I may have to put most of the pixs on my site ( www.goldenmirages.com ) due to the size constraints. Anyway, after Campo headed to Signal Mt and the story of the Lost Arroyo Gold but quickly realized NOONE is going to get close to that one. Border Patrol is EVERYWHERE !!
From Signal Mt headed to Calexico ( cause I've never been there ) and then to the Buttes off the 78 to get some sleep ( temp was over 100 during the day and sweated like crazy- car too hot to sleep in-, didn't sleep much and got up a daybreak ).

PICT1317.JPG

The next morning took a trip down Split Mt and then over to Superstition Hills to take a back in route to what I think are the Pegleg Buttes. I put 643 miles on the 4runner in 2 days... She needs a rest and so do I .. I will write everything out by next week. I'm going to the --deleted--go Reservation this weekend for thier annual pow wow..

PICT1337.JPG

PICT1327.JPG
Check out the face profile in the shadows

Have fun
PLL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread