Saturdays trip to scrap yard

Dosamigos

Jul 2, 2007
Re: Saturday's trip to scrap yard

Nice haul.

I'm amazed and curious as to why there are such wide regional price variations.

I would be willing to post scrap metal prices in my area on a weekly, monthly, or quarterly basis if anyone else would be interested.

The scrapyard I use has a phone price system so I can check regularly.

The prices at the scrapyard I use are less then I could get if I drove another 30 miles but I'm smalls and cant justify the extra drive.

I can post "local" & drive prices periodically, (monthly would be easy enough) if anyone else is interested. I'm certainly curious. Don't know much about this forum stuff but maybe we could do it by adding to the same post\ thread once a month? I dont know. Anybody in?

Oh, and dont worry. I wont try to pull any of that, everything is bigger in Texas BS (even though it is)

OP
OP
K

kittywitty

Mar 20, 2008
Washington, DC

Thought I'd add on to the post showing my last trip to the yard:

69# UBCs @.60 $41.40
35# alum siding @ .60 $21
150# CUI2 @.80 $120
45# Bare Brite @2.65 $119.25
10# CU2 @ 2.40 $24
16# Light CU @ 2.25 $36

Total = $361.65

This total is for 4 months of collecting. This is mostly from driving the alleys on my way home from work, collecting cans at home, the office and from friends, and checking out construction ro/ros. Oh, and my brother replaced his gutters and gave the old downspouts to me. He thinks his big sister's hobby is quirky. I think it will help with retirement.

Thanks for looking.

KW

davest

Silver Member
Nov 5, 2007
somewhere between here and there, south of over th
Detector(s) used
titan 3000xd/seahunter mk ll/Ace 250/whites 6000XL Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

you're doing ok there kitty, and let your brother think what he may. When you put that cash in your pocket, it sure feels better than putting it in his. Good going towards the retirement, I'll probly drop over and save myself all that. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread