May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This field is one that will be under housing in the next 2 years. So we are trying to save as much as possible. Today, as I was digging tons of rubbish I realised this field will never be cleared in time. Its one of 3 that will be developed on!

I thought the best way to clear this is to do a rally, so please read my 'idea'. Everything is changable (other than the Law):
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/general-discussion/371622-crusader-holiday-idea.html

The finds below were in 4 hours 15 minutes (8.5 man hours) with no gridding.:thumbsup:

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    216.7 KB · Views: 132
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    122.5 KB · Views: 117
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    160.4 KB · Views: 130
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    167.2 KB · Views: 119
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    184.5 KB · Views: 110
  • 9.JPG
    9.JPG
    134.3 KB · Views: 114
  • 8.JPG
    8.JPG
    150.5 KB · Views: 123
  • 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    278.5 KB · Views: 128
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    205.8 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:
Upvote 9
OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
but no MG hub caps or key fobs.<<< total sarcasm....

what a fantastic opportunity....amazing collection of artifacts...

This field is mostly littered with 1890-WWI era items. Although we have had a few hammered in the past, sadly not today.

The other 2 fields are good for Roman Coins & the odd medieval item/coin.

John_Deere

Mar 7, 2013
Fredericksburg
Detector(s) used
Personal: Bounty Hunter Gold Digger
Family: White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet finds, and I love your idea! If I was two years older I wouldn't hesitate to join! But... you know... parents & stuff. And I have no money. But still, it's a great idea, I hope people take advantage of it!

Anyways, sweet finds, congrats and HH!

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet finds, and I love your idea! If I was two years older I wouldn't hesitate to join! But... you know... parents & stuff. And I have no money. But still, it's a great idea, I hope people take advantage of it!

Anyways, sweet finds, congrats and HH!

Thanks, it would be fun & I'm sure there will be plenty of smiling faces.:occasion14:

Erik in NJ

Silver Member
Oct 4, 2010
The Garden State
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro & CTX-3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great idea! I'm in as long as we can come up with a reasonable cost. The airfare and accommodations will be costly as everything in England costs Americans about 150% what we typically pay for things over here. Too bad it'll be at least a year away. But like I said I'd really like to participate.

mangum

Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2012
Charlotte, North Carolina
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, MXT Pro Back-up
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds! That's what we do - save history. I can't afford a UK trip, a couple of my closest buds are heading there in October. Don't you want to do an even trade & then you can come dig some American relics? LOL (doubt it :-(

Cutaplug

Aug 18, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome variety of finds! Thanks for sharing =)

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds! That's what we do - save history. I can't afford a UK trip, a couple of my closest buds are heading there in October. Don't you want to do an even trade & then you can come dig some American relics? LOL (doubt it :-(

I would not mine finding the amount of Spanish Silver you guys get (I have none). I like your silver bust series of coins, early 1800s. I would also like anything CW, so actually it not such a bad idea.

Last edited:

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for all the feedback & PMs.

I realised I over valued my time (based on my lost opportunities - ie. detecting) & my hatred of paperwork. Plus the hundreds of hours GPSing & Dads map production.

I just need to get the balance right, so the owner will say 'yes' to something they are not keen on & I feel rewarded enough to actually bother. Very few of our farmers like other people on their land except us, it's hard enough get just 1 friend on, let alone asking for 12!

Many Clubs use the Charity angle to convince farmers to have 1 day rallies. But they are actually just that; 1 day (although sometimes a weekend), for between £5-£15 per person - with 60-400 people!. This could be an option for me, but I preferred the idea of a week with 12 keen people doing lots of hunting & more importantly - finding. I have been on many rallies & they are only good for the social angle, I never do better than my own land.

Last edited:

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is the most military badges I ever saw in one hunt. PLus all the other buckles, buttons, and a Silver to boot. Great hunt. Sounds like a great opportunity for a few diggers if you go ahead with your plan.

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is the most military badges I ever saw in one hunt. PLus all the other buckles, buttons, and a Silver to boot. Great hunt. Sounds like a great opportunity for a few diggers if you go ahead with your plan.

I will try & get the farmer on board for as little as possible & keep it to an elite bunch. I've had a few PMs, so if it happens next year, I'm sure you will all hear about it.:thumbsup: I know there is plenty left, & I want it mopped up & taken by those that appreciate it, instead of cemented over.

Last edited:

Erik in NJ

Silver Member
Oct 4, 2010
The Garden State
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro & CTX-3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hopefully others here in the US will follow your example as we are continually losing important historic properties to developers that destroy the history beneath our feet forever! There was a post recently about a Civil War battlefield being developed and I hope the OP sees this thread and does the same thing there. Preserving our past only enriches our future.

I will try & get the farmer on board for as little as possible & keep it to an elite bunch. I've had a few PMs, so if it happens next year, I'm sure your will all hear about it.:thumbsup: I know there is plenty left, & I want it mopped up & taken by those that appreciate it, instead of cemented over.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice saves and if you just are scratching the surface there's a whole lot of finds to be dug.

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi The WW1 badge A-S-C Australian Survey Corps British Medal of Distinguished Conduct awarded to Lieutenant Murray and Sergeant Stafford The first to use air photos for mapping in WW1

tinpan

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread