25.7 KB · Views: 938
Upvote 0

Neanderthal

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2006
oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
I was wondering if they were related to Mason points ( a little earlier, often have ground stems) that are found up your way. They sure do look Waubesa Paul. It's very possible that you aren't finding Snyders Affinis there because it's very early Hopewell, or an entirely different culture. Or, it could just be a matter of personal preference. I would love to see what else you're finding there sometime!!!

Have to run for a bit, will try to be back later.

Cannonman17

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2006
Wisconsin
I'll post some of what I find for you one of these days- I'll have to dig most of it out. Anything in particular you want to see? Archaic, woodland, trade, pottery?

I hope we can continue this conversation sometime.. I still think I should find more classic hopewell type stuff than what I do but according to the books I shouldn't find any (but have)> okay, I'm not making sense any longer.... catch ya later Matt

Oh yeah, I want to pick your brain on a couple of points I have... want your opinion on them, will start a new thread for it asap (sorry for the hijack of this one!)

*Molly*

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2008
England.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thankyou Matt, Your input was much needed, has you are the most knowledgeble person on artifacts I know, you have taught me most I know, I don't usually give any input to points I am unfamiluar with, I stick to Piedmont, Its obvious to me the above points is a Morrow Mountain, Has I have many, also the state it was found in. Matt you mentioned 'Ste Jean Petite' well i have a good example of these types, I would like your input though, just to confirm its type. Thanks again you are terrific. ::)

Cannonman you didn't take over this thread hon, I managed to bring up a Debate on here, and that all helps ppl with typology, I am happy with the response, Thankyou for your time gents.

Molly. :D

Neanderthal

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2006
oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Molly, will try to make a post on the Petite Jean River later. It's an interesting point type and worthy of discussion.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread