Scarab Good Luck Talisman

BrassRazoo

Feb 5, 2016
Auckland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Scarab Good Luck Talisman?

Hi
I recently bought this item in an online auction, I know, not found, but it looked intriguing. Now that I have it I can't find out anything about it and wondered if anyone else had seen one and/or could tell me anything about it?

I've had the Arabic script on the scarab side translated. It is an old form of writing and basically talks about God and good will. That along with the symbolism of the scarab and the eye in the pyramid and I'm assuming it is a good luck charm or something of the like. No idea how old (I'm picking early 20th/late 19th C), the origins or the original purpose. Looks about the size and shape of one of the Egyptian magic coins but that's about where the similarity ends.

Appreciate any feedback.

436850246.jpg 436850311.jpg

The colour in the images is misleading. It is a silver colour, but not Silver (AG)

Last edited:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's really cool

Mimichele

Tenderfoot
Feb 11, 2016
Duluth, MN
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Eye in the pyramid symbolizes all knowing, information, education, etc... which i think is why it was adapted by the masons. The scarab is good luck so i would think it was to provide the wearer good luck on a quest or a new scholar?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread