Score!!! What a great day!

M

mblackburnjr

My sister calls this morning, and says she got an 20 in a bank deposit and wants to know if i want to buy it.( she works at a bank.....duh ;) ). So i grab 20 dollars worth of rolled pennies and head to town. When i get there she has 200.00 dollars worth of 1950 20's. I was estatic! This is the only one i bought. A 1950 c star note! it does have a little writing on it though.. :'( . Then i go to check out a new spot to detect and found a few wheaties 41,44,51 and a 6 oz coke bottle in the creek bank. No pics of these yet. It is so grown up, i can only swing about 8" in either direction. It does look promising. I kinda felt like gypsyheart today :D

Attachments

• star.jpg
    star.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 541
Upvote 0

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A great day!!

Keep us posted of your finds in the new spot.

Good Luck & HH :)

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
Nice finds in both spots! There's gotta be something older there with that many wheats in the same spot..... Best of luck! :)

R

rvbvetter

Very nice!!! Good spot to hunt and the 20 bill. Makes for a good day.
And makes me miss the old paper currency that had a paragraph, instead of just a line. That said; This note is legal tender for all debts public and private that you can hand over to your Bookie for the lost bets on horses that you know nothing about and thereby not having to tell your wife, cause if she knew, she would take everything else in court, so help her god. Or something along those lines anyway. WTG!! HH

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No idea if it's worth anything. I have a 1917 $1.00 bill that's huge though. Have you checked what paper currency is worth? I'm interested to know if it's worth more than face value? HH, Mike

treasures4me2find

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2005
Murphy, N.C.
Congrats on your wheats, and that is a nice looking twenty. Go to love a sister that works in a bank. Looks like you just might have a great spot to hunt. Good luck.

Ken

Mar 4, 2004
WTG Every day is great when you have a chance to hunt.
Maybe you can find a hungry beaver to help you make swinging room.
HH, Wooly

OP
OP
M

mblackburnjr

I bought a COINS MAGAZINE @ walmart, and it lists it from 100.00 to 400.00. :o With the writing i'm sure its around the 100.00 or less. :'(Will coin dealers generally buy paper currency?......... Altogether she has found well over 500.00 worth of 1950 twenty's, that somebody has deposited. There has to be a story there somewhere. Maybe someone found a stash and didnt realize they were worth more than 20.00 apiece.........No gypsy jigs, but i did do the toyota jump up in the air and clicked my heels together ;) .....I'll keep my eye out for a hungry beaver :D

S

southbound

Looks like you hit the jack pot!!! Well done. Vern 8)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread