1- Glass jar

IMG_2131.JPG IMG_2132 - Copy.JPG

Upvote 2

dig kzoo

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2013
Kalamazoo co. MI
Detector(s) used
1 Minelab CTX3030, 2 Garrett AT Gold, Garrett ACE 350, 2 Bounty Hunter tracker IV,BH Junior, 2 Garrett pro pointers
a family adventure!!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds, always makes for a great day!

wheatfinder13

Silver Member
Nov 23, 2012
New Orleans
Detector(s) used
Teknetics alpha 2000 ,garret pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
TheRingFinder said:
I don't - Saving all my silver and will melt them down and make a huge ingot!!!!

What!? You melt down the coins!

wheatfinder13

Silver Member
Nov 23, 2012
New Orleans
Detector(s) used
Teknetics alpha 2000 ,garret pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Why not just sell the silvers and buy a labeled ingot with the money. People would love to own those coins, I would love to find those coins everyday

OP
OP
TheRingFinder

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why not just sell the silvers and buy a labeled ingot with the money. People would love to own those coins, I would love to find those coins everyday

I find out the value for each coin I find, and ring for that matter. MOST < - - of the time, the silver melt price is worth more then the coin value. The coins I can sell, I keep. Usually just dip them in silver cleaner for a hour or so and buff clean.

OP
OP
TheRingFinder

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The numismatic value is never worth less than the melt value. Melt is the bare minimum.

You are incorrect my young crab - In-fact Silver has gone up quite a bit and most coins (we as treasure hunters find in the ground or water) are in such poor shape - Not worth much at all.
Tell you what though, I have a bunch of coins I could sell you for premium price, please contact me and prove me wrong! - Thanks!! Send me a private message.

OP
OP
TheRingFinder

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The numismatic value is never worth less than the melt value. Melt is the bare minimum.

Hey Crab - Just noticed you are from Minnesota - Where abouts you hunt? Water guy or land? I'll still sell you those coins :thumbsup:

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those finds def, work for me. They are your coins/rings do with them as you will. IMO Id save for scrap the rings you cannont sell or give away & as for the coins if they are not semi, or key dates ,I would clean up the ones that are in the best shape & put them in my collection & put the rest into my treasure chest for whatever in the future. ALSO was the bracelet made of silver looks kinda like it , maybe true stainless I don't understand the term " bling ring" right off the bat.

OP
OP
TheRingFinder

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those finds def, work for me. They are your coins/rings do with them as you will. IMO Id save for scrap the rings you cannont sell or give away & as for the coins if they are not semi, or key dates ,I would clean up the ones that are in the best shape & put them in my collection & put the rest into my treasure chest for whatever in the future. ALSO was the bracelet made of silver looks kinda like it , maybe true stainless I don't understand the term " bling ring" right off the bat.

Bling - Is just crap metal, not worth anything. The kids now-a-days wear a lot of "Bling" or Fake jewelry to make themselves look like they have cash. I find sooooo much in bling -

The bracelet is junk metal and the one ring I thought might be gold, turned out to be junk also. Oh, well - the fun is in the search...............Take Care and thanks for your thoughts!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions