Searching in Raleigh

bbqcook

Apr 24, 2006
Detector(s) used
Soveriegn GT, DFX, Ace 250
Hey John, there are not to many places to hunt any more just the parks and schools. I have one place behind my house I hunt every now and then. I go out of town most the time. There are several detectorist around Raleigh. You will probably be hearing from them.

Earl

brnn53

Mar 31, 2006
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug, Tejon, T2 LTD, F75, & Nautilus DMC II B
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
There was Civil War action around Morrisville. Check it out.
Mike

nc-joe

Dec 1, 2006
Concord, NC
Detector(s) used
White's DFX and Minelab Explorer SE
Don't be shy, go knocking on some doors of some older homes and ask for permission. Fewer in town detecorists, more opportunity for you! ;D

K

KirkTN

Man I was in Raleigh a few weeks ago. My employer Jeff Bates was playing The Long Branch. I would've loved to do some detecting around that town. I could smell the silver in the ground. Good Luck To Ya

KirkTN

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome John.
Are you new to detecting? The Raleigh area?
What kind of detecting are you looking to do? Playgrounds & parks? Civil War areas?
There are a handfull of us in the Raleigh area that I know of.
-MM-
Doug

OP
OP
J

johnhinnc

Greenie
Jan 22, 2008
Raleigh
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
I am new to this since Christmas. So far I've been doing parks and schools. Each time out I find more. It takes becoming one with the detector and that takes some time. I have found many beer cans as well.

coda

Jun 29, 2007
Fairbanks, AK
Detector(s) used
MXT
john,

Unfortunately urban sprawl has covered the best parts of our history in NC; but the gaps in between can still hold what you seek. Start with researching the open areas remaining, and what may have occurred in the past. When I hear about finds on TNet in the oddest of places; it gives me hope, where I have believed it does not to exist. In the South your are standing on top of all the past and just have to pinpoint it in the areas still available.

Coda

OP
OP
J

johnhinnc

Greenie
Jan 22, 2008
Raleigh
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
I am brand new at this. So far I have done schools and parks. I'm finding coins, but nothing old yet.
I'm still getting familiar with my ACE 250. Seems to be a good detector.

BillyC

Jan 28, 2008
Hey John I am in Burlington. I know that a club does exist in Raleigh, or at least used to. If you are ever going to be in the area let me know. I also know a few folks from that area that detect. Maybe you could get up with one of them.

rwsnc

Jun 30, 2007
Raleigh, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 705, Minelab Xterra 70, Compass Relic Magnum 7a, Compass Coin Magnum, Garrett AT Pro (Sold)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey John... Welcome.. There are quite a few of us here in Raleigh and the surrounding area. Several of us are retired and available everyday.

NC seems to be a little "anal" about detecting on state land.

Like Earl said. The rest of us will start "popping up" soon.

rwsnc

Jun 30, 2007
Raleigh, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 705, Minelab Xterra 70, Compass Relic Magnum 7a, Compass Coin Magnum, Garrett AT Pro (Sold)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
johnhinnc said:
Has anyone in Raleigh done any searching where Bloomsbury Amusement park was?

I haven't... where is it? I just got back from Dorthea Dix. Tried out a new coil.

OP
OP
J

johnhinnc

Greenie
Jan 22, 2008
Raleigh
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
The park was in between Root School and the intersection of Lassiter Mill and Scotland.
How are you able to search at Dix?

rwsnc

Jun 30, 2007
Raleigh, NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Is that a Raleigh city park?

Gilligan

Bronze Member
Sep 23, 2007
Seymour Johnson AFB, NC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD, Deteknix Scuba Tector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Back in the mid nineties I went to a metal detector club meeting, but I don't recall their name. I believe they met off of Ridge Rd (inside the beltline) close to the beltline, within a couple miles from the mall off Glenwood. I think they met at a church or library. Sorry I cannot help more. UPDATE: I just found it on the net:
TRIANGLE RELIC RECOVERY & HISTORICAL PRESERVATION ASSN.
RALEIGH, NC

CONTACT Jon Harris
919-235-2670
Meeting are held the 4th Monday of every Month at 7:30PM at the Ridge Rd Baptist Church in Raleigh, NC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions