Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey dirty white girl - I'm your filthy white boy !!! Let's dig some beautiful dirt together !!! Argentium.

Brian C.

Bronze Member
Jan 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Whites and Garrett. I use several machines, the ace 350 is a nice machine. I have a 5900, 6000, whites.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Look in digital atlas project, it should have the USA as well as Canada. Good luck.

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The best thing you can do is start research. Talk to old folks who remember where houses, stores, privies, and barns used to be. Take careful notes. Talk to property owners. Get permission, and get digging. The better you get at that, the better your finds will be. Sites are everywhere. You just have to know how to find them, and you have to get permission to dig them.

Best Wishes,

Buckleboy

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
In general, old fairgrounds, parks & sports fields are good bets, plus swimming areas. Also, in town as well as in rural areas, look for old stone or concrete foundations of residential and commercial buildings now long gone. There may be valuable or interesting items buried within the foundation area or in its yard or field. Your library, like mine, may have books or journals written by locals up to 150 years ago which describe places or events where people may have lost coins, jewelry and the like, sometimes with photos or maps of how an area used to look. They may have books of "tall tales" of local treasure which have some truth in them also. It's fun to do the research, then head out to dig the goodies! Let us know what you find! Andi

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread