Season "3" of Curse of Oak Island

captain1965

Apr 12, 2015
Mesa
Detector(s) used
fisher gemini 3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was worried the 2 divers were going to die in 10x and next season the intro will say "legend says one must be resurrected before the treasure is found"

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was mainly Impressed by the Final Show :o

Though I had to fast forward most of the Fluff from them Most likely fawning over the 3 Old ladies,
I did watch the part in the Office, & I believe the tale of the 3 Treasure Chests was
just a romantic Tale for the kids, & that if tested the Cross will date to about the same age as the Sword.
1890"s. then go up for sale on Ebay .

The Diver: I was very impressed with him & the writers not leaving all kinds of questions open
on 10X. although Rick in true Treasure Hunter Form, made me bang my head :BangHead: that he won't take
"Natural hole" for what it is. I can understand his reluctance to admit he wasted Millions.
and must admit I probably would feel the same, if I believed in Magical people & Knights Templars that
can call up Magical People to do their Bidding or whatever :tongue3:

the appearance of gold in the original Money pit. Impressive :laughing7:
(but remember, if a Camera can be put Down,
Things can be Dropped Down for photo ops)
But out of reach for at least several Seasons I'm sure.

I must admit, in spite of the waste of time fluffing the old ladies,
that had to be fast forwarded through
like the commercials :( I was impressed with the Final episode.

now I have to go watch the Billion Dollar wreck Preview,
Though I must admit I hate sit down Interview type Shows.
I hate them with a Passion ! ,so I may do allot of Fast forwarding & just watching film clips if any.

Series starts next week. that's not too long to wait

Last edited:

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They do need to try to date the gold cross unless they already know it's a fake done for the show. I'd like to think the sister's wouldn't want to drag the family name down like that though, BUT they may have needed the money offered to do it.. Before they dig the money pit based on last nights finding they need to put a better "eye" down there to get better video which could easily be done.. I can't remember how deep they were last night compared to how deep did Dunfield dug that whole area.. I think they were deeper last night which would be the only reason there would still be hope of finding anything..
On a separate thought does anyone know from the brothers postings elsewhere if they truly stop for the year as we saw it or do they still do things while it is still warm enough to do it. Seems like most of everything they do each season could be done in 2 months time..

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They do need to try to date the gold cross unless they already know it's a fake done for the show. I'd like to think the sister's wouldn't want to drag the family name down like that though, BUT they may have needed the money offered to do it.. Before they dig the money pit based on last nights finding they need to put a better "eye" down there to get better video which could easily be done.. I can't remember how deep they were last night compared to how deep did Dunfield dug that whole area.. I think they were deeper last night which would be the only reason there would still be hope of finding anything..
On a separate thought does anyone know from the brothers postings elsewhere if they truly stop for the year as we saw it or do they still do things while it is still warm enough to do it. Seems like most of everything they do each season could be done in 2 months time..

I don't think the Sisters are B.S.'ing, But I do wonder if when they were Children,
This Romantic story of Treasure Chests and the cross was told to them for
"Yes Dreams can come true" purposes.

it was snowing in the background there & Remember the North east got hammered last Winter.
This winter they are better off so far.

Last edited:

Throbhammmer

Tenderfoot
Jan 6, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was nice knowing ya.

Good thing this show is on Tuesday nights, cause I would rather watch a presidential debate at this point.

If they show Dan Blankenships black and white video from the 60's again I'm going to break my TV. Its not a post its a drill bar, its not a treasure chest its a rock and its not a body is a depression in the ground.

This show will make it to season 4 cause all us dopes watched last nights episode thinking something magical would happen.

lash444

Feb 3, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was nice knowing ya.

Good thing this show is on Tuesday nights, cause I would rather watch a presidential debate at this point.

If they show Dan Blankenships black and white video from the 60's again I'm going to break my TV. Its not a post its a drill bar, its not a treasure chest its a rock and its not a body is a depression in the ground.

This show will make it to season 4 cause all us dopes watched last nights episode thinking something magical would happen.

Well, lets not forget that Dan found 10x using a dowsing rod. If that isn't enough to spend 40 years of your life digging towards a sinkhole, on an island known to have layers of sediment that are prone to erosion, I don't know what is. You see, my grandpa gave me a magic treasure finder. I know it works, because it always point in the same direction. Unfortunately, every time I have gone looking it has always been just too far of a walk. I know the treasure is buried straight north of here though!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

not all of us :tongue3:

Then again Something "Magical" Did happen !

The Diver told the Truth without leaving any questions :laughing7:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, lets not forget that Dan found 10x using a dowsing rod. If that isn't enough to spend 40 years of your life digging towards a sinkhole, on an island known to have layers of sediment that are prone to erosion, I don't know what is. You see, my grandpa gave me a magic treasure finder. I know it works, because it always point in the same direction. Unfortunately, every time I have gone looking it has always been just too far of a walk. I know the treasure is buried straight north of here though!

My understanding Dowsing Rods are Excellent !

For Finding water.
and it worked :laughing7:

captain1965

Apr 12, 2015
Mesa
Detector(s) used
fisher gemini 3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The producers should do a show on those diver's. They rock! Even though I don't believe treasure existing in 10x or the money pit, I could watch those guys all day.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The producers should do a show on those diver's. They rock! Even though I don't believe treasure existing in 10x or the money pit, I could watch those guys all day.

Chatterton had a show with friend Richie Kohler. It was called Deep Sea Detectives. It was a great show! Both are the real thing, professional commercial divers, cave divers and among the elites of wreck divers. Chatterton was the only reason I tuned in to the show last night.

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
not all of us :tongue3:

Then again Something "Magical" Did happen !

The Diver told the Truth without leaving any questions :laughing7:
Yep 10X was always a distraction. If there is/was treasure there it will/will not be found until they dig the pit (if they have actually found it)..

The story the descendants told does have a ring of plausibility. If three young guys found treasure they would not tell others for fear of having it taken from them. So they take the treasure they found and tell others they found nothing and the pit flooded.... This story if true means the pit did have treasure and now it is gone..

Even if that 'thing' they saw on the camera was metal my money would be on a drill head from someone else looking.

Why are they so surprised of another natural cavern in this location when they just established that the other one was natural. Pretty plain these sort of caverns are pretty common under that part of oak island.

I would not be putting my money into digging that hole ...

My best guess (based on watching the three seasons) - there was something buried there and those boys who first found it took it (as the old ladies said) and it is no longer there.. That cross is all that is left of the treasure of oak island....

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm Losing interest in Gold Rush more & more. Even with fast forwarding through ,
I find myself Fast Forwarding through More of the show then just beets.

I thought I was comfortable just Fast Forwarding through beets.
after the preview at the end, I felt
In my opinion someone needs to Knock the Kid on his ass & I'm a pacifist by nature :(

if they keep up the manufactured Drama, I'll soon start ignoring all but the Gold at the end

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure who pursued who as far as getting together with the sisters but hopefully they are looking into the decedents of the other two boys as well to see what they have heard over the years..

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure who pursued who as far as getting together with the sisters but hopefully they are looking into the decedents of the other two boys as well to see what they have heard over the years..

I think it was the Producers idea.
Fluff to fill in and stretch the important parts

bjw

Feb 2, 2006
Fleetwood, PA
Detector(s) used
X5 Tesoro DFX
When Dan "saw" all these things where was he? Was he using a camera? Unless he was on the bottom how could he even see his surroundings? I must have missed this explanation.
Bruce

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread