Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
finally so tv guide says......
TV Listings - Find Local TV Shows and Movie Schedules - Listings Grid | TVGuide.com

The Curse of Oak Island
Voices From Below
9:00 PM on HIST, 1 hr 3 min 2016 TV-PG
A mysterious 20-foot high void is discovered deep inside the Money Pit as a
diver finally reaches the bottom of borehole 10-X.

They are just re-enacting things that happened many years ago. Just as with the money pit area being dug past the 200 foot level many years ago and yet the show acts as if there is still something there that hasn't been uncovered. Nothing to see...don't waste time watching the show and helping to maintain their ratings for advertisers....

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's already been dug! Have you missed that? The entire area was strip mined and they found nothing. There was never a treasure buried in the "pit" You want people to keep throwing away money so you can live vicariously through them. :BangHead:
No it has not been dug to the level of chapel vault and the alleged iron plate and yes I want them to dig to this level. How is this throwing money away? They are recouping expenses from the TV show and they own the asset of the island and it is there money! They are free to spend it how ever they like. What I want has no bearing on them.

Jason I do not think there is much of a possibility that treasure exists but I am happy if they answer the mystery. It has intrigued me since I was in my teens. I hardly think that I am 'living' through them because I enjoy the adventure they are engaged in. If they discover nothing man made at those depths then Oak Island becomes the legend of how people will do anything to find a rumor of a treasure...

The validity of what they are doing does not change. You seem to 'think' that Marty, Rick Dan and Fred are all just deceiving us and do not even think anything may be there and are blatantly lying. That the whole point telly show is make money and none of them believe in the possibility of anything being there. The research they have done is just myth and lie. I do not believe that. I believe they really do wish to answer the mystery once and for all...

Last edited:

Roadhse2

Mar 15, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"A mysterious 20-foot high void is discovered deep inside the Money Pit as a
diver finally reaches the bottom of borehole 10-X."

Since the Money Pit...and borehole 10x are 2 completely different things...how do they justify saying this at all? Are they are now calling 10x "the Money Pit", mistdirecting the viewer to think it IS the same thing......bogus bogus bogus...
As if by going into 10x is being IN the Money Pit? I am watching the preshow preview right now...and they are drilling and saying they hit the Money Pit....how can that be when NO one knows the location for the Money Pit...and hasnt for 40+ years????

Last edited:

PaJim

Dec 13, 2015
Detector(s) used
Land Ranger Pro
Whites coinmaster

Garret AT Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think the narrator voice gets to me after awhile....

The Aluminum Monster

Mar 18, 2015
New Bedford, MA
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro, Tesoro Mojave, Garrett AT Pro, 5x8 DD, 15" NEL Attack, Garrett Pro-pointer, Pro Series 5x9 sand scoop, 30" Royal Compact sluice, 36" Bazooka Gold Trap, Gold Cube.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wonder if he metal detected that spot before Dave dumped the sludge there? Either way, I suspect it is a piece of the drill casing.

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
People arent as aware of whats been done on the island as the people that were there working on it. I dont generally see anything to make one believe there ever was a treasure except maybe for a small random pirates booty that the slave guy found and gave himself a wealthy life.

Looking at the clues which are transparent. Kids saw lights in woods, coconut strands on a beach which could have been the result of a natural current...(I know because my backyard has a natural air current which produces weekly blown in garbage), a pit which could have been a fish smoking pit that got over-exaggerated....they dug a pit and found nothing. Ok they found 3 links of a gold chain that prob fell off a wealthy investor who was leaning over the pit... ..an engraved stone that tells of riches below that just SCREAMS please buy this island that i lost my millionaires fortune on.

I see nothing to believe theres anything true there. But I like the show for entertainment value....its why I went to a bigfoot convention last year, because its funny to watch wierd guys tell each other stories about seeing bigfoot that they both made up.....and so I wonder, do they know they are lying to eachother?

View attachment 1265111

Schlechter

Jan 21, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"A mysterious 20-foot high void is discovered deep inside the Money Pit as a
diver finally reaches the bottom of borehole 10-X."

Roadhse2, I believe what they are saying is that at one point in the episode they are drilling at the "most likely" money pit location and find a 20 foot void. Then they later have a diver reach the bottom of 10x. These are two seperate things and two seperate areas.

Now as far as others are concerned about these being new evidence...first off 10x already had divers at the bottom when Dan was constructing it years ago. Everything they "think" they saw has no confirmed evidence, the fact that they admit how low the visibility is and how poor their visual recording systems were back then I don't believe there is any support that it is anything other than a natural void...which is common for this type of geological island.

Dunfield also confirmed that there is another void at the bottom of the money pit, he just found no reason to dig to that depth as there was no indication of anything man made past his 140ft depth. The most likelyhood is that it is another natural void just like what Blankenship dug into at 10x. As far as hitting an "iron plate" I doubt this validity, it could just of easily been them hitting the anhydrite which is much harder than clay. It would certainly make the most scientific sense that below the 140ft depth is a natural anhydrite void filled with pressurized water from the sea that makes it difficult to dig into and causes the water influx through its veins to fill the moneypit once exposed.

AOTC

Greenie
Jul 6, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Schlechter in lee Reestall's book "Oak Island Obsession" Pg 175,Ricky Restall claimed that the iron plate drilled into was more likely a drill casing from previous attempts,subsequent drilling by other explorations didn't encounter the same problem at the same depth.He stated that the iron plate was a myth.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My guess they purposely Dropped the Piece of Metal at that spot before Using it to spread
& search the Soil.

90% of last nights show was Fluff again :(
I fast Forwarded through the Old Lady Bits.
wasn't like she was gonna Dive .

My guess 5 Minutes worth of Next weeks show will be about the Dive again & End with the Mention
of seeing a Tunnel.

Steris001

Greenie
Dec 16, 2015
Sewell NJ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wonder if he metal detected that spot before Dave dumped the sludge there? Either way, I suspect it is a piece of the drill casing.

I wonder if it had anything to do with him BACK DRAGGING the area???? why in word, would he back drag the slop that he just dumped there??? he's pulling up the 1st 2 to 3 inches of dirt from under it??? I could not believe that when I saw it, why not just run the metal detector through the trailer that's holding the dirt?? sometime I want to kick the TV screen.. But know this,,,, they got me, i'll be back next week for the season finale

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My guess they purposely Dropped the Piece of Metal at that spot before Using it to spread
& search the Soil.

90% of last nights show was Fluff again :(
I fast Forwarded through the Old Lady Bits.
wasn't like she was gonna Dive .

My guess 5 Minutes worth of Next weeks show will be about the Dive again & End with the Mention
of seeing a Tunnel.
Yep they do drag it out...

still next week show is last of the season they were always going to keep there biggest discovery for the last episode.

Also very frustrating they say they are going to drill the pit. They then ignore where they think they found chapels vault and where they think they found Heddens shaft and where it pointed to the pit (near where they found chappels vault) and just go grab some other expert and ask him where he 'thinks the pit is.... The guy says he is just guessing based on feelings... Arrgghh. Why do they think that little bit of metal came from the cavity and not the same place the wood come from?... Is it just very bad editing or did I miss something.

They seemed to say in this episode freezing and digging the pit will not happen as too expensive (more then a million). Can not say I blame them with the almost total lack of evidence... Still fingers crossed they will actually show an interesting finding next week.....

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
why not just run the metal detector through the trailer that's holding the dirt??
ROFL that trailer was made of metal......

(apologies I re watched and saw the trailer was wood. I suppose it still would have nails, screws etc)

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep they do drag it out...

still next week show is last of the season they were always going to keep there biggest discovery for the last episode.

Also very frustrating they say they are going to drill the pit. They then ignore where they think they found chapels vault and where they think they found Heddens shaft and where it pointed to the pit (near where they found chappels vault) and just go grab some other expert and ask him where he 'thinks the pit is.... The guy says he is just guessing based on feelings... Arrgghh. Why do they think that little bit of metal came from the cavity and not the same place the wood come from?... Is it just very bad editing or did I miss something.

They seemed to say in this episode freezing and digging the pit will not happen as too expensive (more then a million). Can not say I blame them with the almost total lack of evidence... Still fingers crossed they will actually show an interesting finding next week.....

Yea My actual prediction they will put a Camera in The Money Pit.
and that last words will be from the clip they showed last Night where the one guy
mentions Gold ?

Then we will need to wait till Next year for them to mess around some more,
and maybe admit it is just light reflecting not Gold.

That's 3 Seasons now that could have been done in one Hour With Commercial Breaks.

what do ya Think 10 more minutes of new footage of them actually working
in season 4 ?

Last edited:

Bumbalawski

Mar 2, 2015
Beans Cove Pa.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They will "farm" out these "discoveries" to keep the show alive. How much entertainment material can be on a 20 some acre site? They will revisit and rehash the other "possible sites" in the next seasons. This hype keeps their Oak Island tour business going. Remember folks, these are business men and so are the investors. The TV show is paying the bills and making them money. In a way, I feel they are giving the serious treasure hunting community a black eye. And as for the narrator, I would prefer closed captain over listening to this person.

They are now interviewing 91 year old ladies. Next they will interview gravestones. I am waiting see the next announcement, "Jimmy Hoffa's body found in the chamber at the bottom of 10X". If they ever actually found anything, I would not believe it since their credibility is pretty well down the drain.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They will "farm" out these "discoveries" to keep the show alive. How much entertainment material can be on a 20 some acre site? They will revisit and rehash the other "possible sites" in the next seasons. This hype keeps their Oak Island tour business going. Remember folks, these are business men and so are the investors. The TV show is paying the bills and making them money. In a way, I feel they are giving the serious treasure hunting community a black eye. And as for the narrator, I would prefer closed captain over listening to this person.

They are now interviewing 91 year old ladies. Next they will interview gravestones. I am waiting see the next announcement, "Jimmy Hoffa's body found in the chamber at the bottom of 10X". If they ever actually found anything, I would not believe it since their credibility is pretty well down the drain.

Yea My guess if She is still alive, They probably already did another Fluff piece with her for Season four
that will take up at least half a show :unhappysmiley:

Throbhammmer

Tenderfoot
Jan 6, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Next weeks episode will be the diver finding a rock and saying how it looks like a dragon egg or a crystal skull. He will leave it in 10x and we have a hook for season 4.

Guster

Dec 8, 2015
Indiana
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Next weeks episode will be the diver finding a rock and saying how it looks like a dragon egg or a crystal skull. He will leave it in 10x and we have a hook for season 4.

I know I know

Attachments

• 1453913804256.jpg
    1453913804256.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 87

Steris001

Greenie
Dec 16, 2015
Sewell NJ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They will start out with him in 10X and he will come up and say how he lifted the heavy box ( Filled with Treasure ) and he was in the man made tunnels and that there was a body in there and gold and sliver and gems in there, & that will be it, they will move onto something else.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread