OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What does any of that matter? They put all that in as they needed filler for the episode.

Next week there will be no mention of any of it anymore. They'll chug off to somewhere else and say something else.
True... But I am interested in the story and the history. I have invested so much time in the show I will stick it out.

having said that I watch it via streaming and skip past a lot of the stuff I have no interest in.

I really hope they do discover where the original pit was and show us all the holes that have been dug in relation to that.

However it is becoming increasingly difficult to watch the episodes as they are just doing almost nothing each episode now.

freeman

Apr 5, 2003
Yeah, like I'm sure they got no idea where it is.

53473738_2389467001277019_5590762786083831808_o.jpg

Last edited:

skybolt

Dec 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
True... But I am interested in the story and the history. I have invested so much time in the show I will stick it out.

having said that I watch it via streaming and skip past a lot of the stuff I have no interest in.

I really hope they do discover where the original pit was and show us all the holes that have been dug in relation to that.

However it is becoming increasingly difficult to watch the episodes as they are just doing almost nothing each episode now.
They're just dragging things out until next season. When there's only 2 episodes left they'll suddenly get a sense of urgency and complain that they unfortunately just ran out of time. Then Marty and Rick will sit in the war room and come up with all these ideas for next season, which could've easily been implemented this year.

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They're just dragging things out until next season. When there's only 2 episodes left they'll suddenly get a sense of urgency and complain that they unfortunately just ran out of time. Then Marty and Rick will sit in the war room and come up with all these ideas for next season, which could've easily been implemented this year.
yep.. Quite likely. They will get back there sonic mapping in the final episode and it will suggest a tunnel network or something. :tongue3::laughing7::tongue3:

skybolt

Dec 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yep.. Quite likely. They will get back there sonic mapping in the final episode and it will suggest a tunnel network or something. :tongue3::laughing7::tongue3:

I don't know about anyone else, but I just wish the group wasn't so gung ho about every little find. After 7 seasons of search, building a little frustration into the narrative would actually benefit the show and help it connect with the audience. I have a hard time believing that a seasoned metal detector like Gary is that excited about finding an 18th century coin or his 20th spike. It would make way more sense for him to get a little more frustrated and toss the spike to the side to show the audience that they actually care about finding real artifacts / treasure / significant data. Also, Rick ogling over those 18th century french drains at the fortress was baffling. They're trying to build this narrative that unless you possess 20th / 21st century type construction equipment, previous builders would never dig anything deeper than 10 ft on the island unless they were burying a boatload of treasure.

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also, Rick ogling over those 18th century french drains at the fortress was baffling.

That one threw me also - I failed to see any connection except that there were a pile of rocks involved. It's embarrassing when they're just playing for the cameras.

oredigger62

Jun 12, 2013
Austinville Va.
Detector(s) used
Fisher goldbug 2
Garrett infinium
garrett AT-MAX
Garrett sea hunter mark 2
Fisher gemini 3 ( two box )
Equinox 800
Nokta Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you really listen closely you see them pushing the whole France idea all the time. Like Drayton's " it's silver baby " lead , the visits to France , all the origins for the lead one suggested place is always France ... now the tunnels at the fort. The list could go on. I think it is funny that the only thing they found that is specifically determined to be from one country is the spanish maravides coin and some of the bones. All those investors must really be scratching their heads by now.

freeman

Apr 5, 2003
Yeah, look there is a lot of fudging the show is doing now.

One of the fudges is the creative editing where they are pretending now they need to find the original Money Pit location to excavate it and that they might find something in the swamp.

That work was already completed in 2018 during the filming of Series 6. Nothing was found. They didn't show it then as they left it to fill out Series 7.

They returned for the 2019 search season but it was to film a lot of filler footage. That's why everyone is noticing and commenting on the haphazard, 'give up before you finish it' way the work is being conducted or the embarrassing 'just do it for the camera Rick' things like the pink bush incident.

What is coming up is them excavating the swamp and putting a can down into the 'relocated' Money Pit, This will be done by them cutting in the 2018 footage as if they were doing it 'now' for the 2019 search.

Here are the photos of them doing it in 2018. They were posted before they even returned for 2019 to film Series 7.

What it means is that for over 1.5 years it's been known that there is no treasure so Series 7 was going to have be just made up of filler.

S7B.png S7C.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, look there is a lot of fudging the show is doing now.

One of the fudges is the creative editing where they are pretending now they need to find the original Money Pit location to excavate it and that they might find something in the swamp.

That work was already completed in 2018 during the filming of Series 6. Nothing was found. They didn't show it then as they left it to fill out Series 7.

They returned for the 2019 search season but it was to film a lot of filler footage. That's why everyone is noticing and commenting on the haphazard, 'give up before you finish it' way the work is being conducted or the embarrassing 'just do it for the camera Rick' things like the pink bush incident.

What is coming up is them excavating the swamp and putting a can down into the 'relocated' Money Pit, This will be done by them cutting in the 2018 footage as if they were doing it 'now' for the 2019 search.

Here are the photos of them doing it in 2018. They were posted before they even returned for 2019 to film Series 7.

What it means is that for over 1.5 years it's been known that there is no treasure so Series 7 was going to have be just made up of filler.

View attachment 1799270 View attachment 1799271
That is not the same digger. That does not have the large pontoon tracks so it is not what is being shown this season.

What are you basing you claims on.

How do you know that the picture of them dropping the can is where they now think the pit is. We all know they dug multiple holes last season.

Last edited:

freeman

Apr 5, 2003
I'll let you read the title ( white writing top left of each image) that History Channel put on this clip in January 2019 at the end of Series 6 . If you recall Series 6 ended with them planning to excavate the swamp and try the Money Pit again when they returned for the 2019 search season yet here was History channel showing what you will see in Series 7 *before they even returned to do Series 7*.

If one as was even more cynical one might consider how a lot of reality shows aren' real at all but staged recreations of incidents that had already happened.

Last edited:

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It allows them to not have to film every minute of each day... I'm sure most days it is pretty boring around there and with the way everyone on here already complains about that just imagine if they truly showed you each days activities...

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

They returned for the 2019 search season but it was to film a lot of filler footage.

That theory doesn't hold water because of independent observations of the bog digger and can dropper which were seen crossing the causeway last summer. The observed timeline matches the series so far.

skybolt

Dec 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is not the same digger. That does not have the large pontoon tracks so it is not what is being shown this season.

What are you basing you claims on.

How do you know that the picture of them dropping the can is where they now think the pit is. We all know they dug multiple holes last season.

Not to mention hurricane Dorian which took place in late summer of 2019. It doesn't make sense for them to go back and redig the swamp a year after their previous excavation was complete.

Bronze Member
May 26, 2011
tujunga ca
Detector(s) used
xlt mxt gmz and now a gmt whites
all i know is that someone dug a really deep hole for something.

freeman

Apr 5, 2003
What theory? Those are History Channels own images for the work they did in 2018 for Series 7: that's the swamp excavated and another can in the Money Pit that was completed then. Nothing was found. You were not shown it happeneing but we're told it was for Series 7, yet quite plainly here is the excavation of the swamp taking place in 2018 as well as the Money Pit can. As I alluded, as these are images of the work done in 2018 then what you are seeing done in 2019 is the swamp excavated again and the Money Pit being probed again. As they didn't find anything when they did it in 2018, then recreating this work again for Series 7 is going to produce the same result?

DaveVanP

Oct 5, 2018
Coffeyville, KS
Detector(s) used
Minelab XTerra 705
Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Each episode is filmed during the late spring through early fall months, then broadcast in the late fall/winter. I'm not sure how late in the fall they film...maybe October? So everything we see each week is actually about 4-5 months old. Dorian came through there in Aug/Sept, and we saw it a couple weeks ago. If they had discovered anything of significance, despite their "security," I'm sure "somebody" would have leaked some tantalizing tidbit...

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What theory? Those are History Channels own images for the work they did in 2018 for Series 7: that's the swamp excavated and another can in the Money Pit that was completed then. Nothing was found. You were not shown it happeneing but we're told it was for Series 7, yet quite plainly here is the excavation of the swamp taking place in 2018 as well as the Money Pit can. As I alluded, as these are images of the work done in 2018 then what you are seeing done in 2019 is the swamp excavated again and the Money Pit being probed again. As they didn't find anything when they did it in 2018, then recreating this work again for Series 7 is going to produce the same result?
I really do not know why you think this. It is obvious that is not the same digger as they are using on this series. As said by the previous poster the filming is done in the summer months 4 to 6 months earlier. The show can be criticized for a lot of things but your claim is not supported by the photos you have shown. No one has said they haven't been digging swamp before or digging holes before but that is not what you are claiming. I do not find your claims credible. There is ample evidence that what they are doing now was filmed after the end of last season. As that would of been filmed in the summer of the previous year. Everyone knows it is not contemporary as Oak Island would be frozen solid at the moment.

However I do agree nothing is likely to be found and they are just filling up time to milk money from advertising. It is also very obvious that any belief that treasure existed has long gone from the Laginas.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really do not know why you think this. It is obvious that is not the same digger as they are using on this series. As said by the previous poster the filming is done in the summer months 4 to 6 months earlier. The show can be criticized for a lot of things but your claim is not supported by the photos you have shown. No one has said they haven't been digging swamp before or digging holes before but that is not what you are claiming. I do not find your claims credible. There is ample evidence that what they are doing now was filmed after the end of last season. As that would of been filmed in the summer of the previous year. Everyone knows it is not contemporary as Oak Island would be frozen solid at the moment.

However I do agree nothing is likely to be found and they are just filling up time to milk money from advertising. It is also very obvious that any belief that treasure existed has long gone from the Laginas.

I believe the treasure was buried on the West End of Oak Island. I have good reasons to believe so. A depression in the ground can be formed by anything on an island formed by glacial till. Does not mean a treasure was buried there? There could have also been mines for fool's gold or whatever as there are at least two or three air shafts been dug along the shore line. No the treasure was buried at 44 30 48.6N 64 18 01.41W at a depth of no more than 35 to 40 feet. Treasure #1 & #2 Buried in FOUNDATION2.jpg

You can change Nolen's Cross or the Tree of Life from 60 degrees to 180 degrees by using a 30, 60, 90 Triangle and take the 429 feet as the hypotenuse then finding the long side of 371 feet. Add 371 feet to another 1152 feet for another Tree of life and then 284 feet to FOUNDATION in another Tree of Life gives you the treasures location.

Last edited:
OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe this is a picture of what the money pit looks like at the moment on oak island (taken in January) at the end of Season 7

OI-winter.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread