OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went looking for the holes that have previous been dug as compared to where they think the money pit is now

Here are two picture of where they now think the money pit is based on shaft 2

moneypit.png

u289oifdkh541.jpg

It is easy to see on the second picture the geo tech drilling holes are directly into where they now think the money pit is. If the geo tech holes found nothing was there why would a bigger shaft find something
If this is compared to other earlier digs

figure-15-figure-showing-proposed-location-of-70-feet.jpg

h-8.jpg

It would also mean that the earlier searchers were completely wrong in where they thought the pit was ie Chapels 1897 shaft is no where near the place they are speculating the pit is. The location of the pit was not lost by then. If Chapel was digging in the wrong place this would mean Chapels vault and the gold etc could not be true.

It seems extremely unlikely that there proposed latest hole is actually where the original pit was.

Last edited:
OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looking at that second diagram (the paper one with he geo tech holes) it would appear that the 1890s Chapel shaft is about the same 12 foot distance from Shaft 2 as where they now are guessing the money pit is. Given that they know the original pit was meant to be 12 foot away from Shaft 2 it would seem more likely that the Chapel shaft is located where the original pit was (this is about the same location as S6 on the first picture).

Last edited:

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
This week...The Curse Of Oak Island's...Cable TV Ratings...Just Missed No. One!

"Missed it by that much."

Missed it by that much.jpg

The Curse of Oak Island (HIST, 9:00 PM, 64 min.) • 3.128 million viewers (#2) • 1.92 HH (#4) • 0.61 A18-49 (#2) • 0.26 A18-34 (#9) • 0.89 A25-54 (#2)

The Ingraham Angle (FOXNC, 10:00 PM, 60 min.) • 3.920 million viewers (#1) • 2.55 HH (#1) • 0.30 A18-49 (#13) • 0.13 A18-34 (#44) • 0.55 A25-54 (#7)

Read more: https://programminginsider.com/tues...tic-debate-viewership-of-2020-election-cycle/

Pubmech

Nov 16, 2019
Miami
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got a question in regards to a ship in the swamp.. Why in the world would anyone go through all of that trouble just to sail a ship in, and then sink it inside of the swamp? Or to burn it in the swamp?? Why not simply unload the "stolen" contents of the ship and then just burn it (the evidence) out at sea?

IDK.. I'm thinking that OI, including the swamp, was all nothing more than an old dry dock ship yard to repair old ships. Or am I missing something?

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The dry dock ship yard could be possible, but I'm surprised there would be no record of all the regional sailors knowing where to get their ship repaired.

Tonight's episode was more interesting - lots of plans coming together. I had thought the swamp "paved roadway" was the detected "Ship profile", but it turns out that the 'ship' is still deeper. They came close to the detection zone, but were stymied by a layer of clay and had to change to a smaller bucket to get through the clay layer.

Gary's find of the week was a "pike pole"; I'm not convinced. My first thought when I saw the size and angle of the point was a rope splice fid tool, or something like this Japanese Marlin Spike https://www.gaparboristsupply.com/shop/product/brion-toss-japanese-marling-splik/ (Wait, the Japanese were on Oak Island too?!) :laughing7: , and why would they make such a heavy duty object such as a pike pole with a hollow point, whereas a hollow point could have doubled as a needle thread point.

And they discover significant amounts of coconut fiber in a location where previous searchers would have most likely just removed.

Coming soon: an 8 foot can drop with an 8 foot hammer grab! I hope some interesting tidbits come up in this excavation this year.

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had thought the swamp "paved roadway" was the detected "Ship profile", but it turns out that the 'ship' is still deeper. They came close to the detection zone, but were stymied by a layer of clay and had to change to a smaller bucket to get through the clay layer.
That layer of undisturbed clay shows them there is nothing underneath it. What are they suggesting the boat was sunk then people dumped 15 foot of hard compressed clay on top of it. It was pretty clear that was natural undug clay (as one would expect).

Gary's find of the week was a "pike pole"; I'm not convinced. My first thought when I saw the size and angle of the point was a rope splice fid tool, or something like this Japanese Marlin Spike https://www.gaparboristsupply.com/shop/product/brion-toss-japanese-marling-splik/ (Wait, the Japanese were on Oak Island too?!) :laughing7: , and why would they make such a heavy duty object such as a pike pole with a hollow point, whereas a hollow point could have doubled as a needle thread point.
Yep... looked like what they said they thought it was ie the bottom of a survey pole. It could of been bottom of a tent peg. It could of been anything... But no one is claiming sailboats never visited Oak Island so it could be off a boat.. But so what? There is no boat.....

And they discover significant amounts of coconut fiber in a location where previous searchers would have most likely just removed.
The specifically made reference top how much other searchers like Renstall has found. Without the coconut fibre the legend probably would of never happened. Something unexplained must equal hidden treasure...

Coming soon: an 8 foot can drop with an 8 foot hammer grab! I hope some interesting tidbits come up in this excavation this year.
Hard to see what a bigger hole will find except more old wood. Still if you are going to dig a hole dig a big one it certainly looks more impressive...

Where do they get the loonies.... Oak island theorist = Wacko speculative theory with zero evidence.

Shaft 5 was interesting. I am still constantly amazed at what the early searchers did. But why are they surprised that there is water when they are digging almost next to the cave in pit which is full of water.

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hard to see what a bigger hole will find except more old wood. Still if you are going to dig a hole dig a big one it certainly looks more impressive...

If nothing else the larger area increases the probability of finding the 'something' that might be down there. It's a compromise instead of digging a 200 yard wide pit 250 feet deep as everyone wishes they could.

Where do they get the loonies.... Oak island theorist = Wacko speculative theory with zero evidence.

I couldn't understand any of it - sounded like a mashup of everyone who had gone before. So I made good use of the fast forward function.

Shaft 5 was interesting. I am still constantly amazed at what the early searchers did. But why are they surprised that there is water when they are digging almost next to the cave in pit which is full of water.

I'm always surprised at how far they get without water flooding in.

skybolt

Dec 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with everyone else that the loony of the week was a waste of time. I found it hilarious that not only is he claimining that treasure was buried on Oak Island in the 17th century but that it was piled on top of treasure buried a couple of centuries before. Talk about doubling down.

The whole metal detecting with Gary has turned into a bore fest. I have more fun watching my 4 year old finding worms in the backyard than Gary's skits these days.

It was interesting that Marty assumed that the anomaly is is exactly 15 ft deep and not 13 or 14 ft where they found the clay layer. So when they dig on the opposite end and encounter hard clay at 50 ft, they will likely still dig down to 55 ft.

The only thing that still intrigues me about this show is uncovering documented and undocumented old searcher shafts. It's amazing how much work was done on the island.

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got a question in regards to a ship in the swamp.. Why in the world would anyone go through all of that trouble just to sail a ship in, and then sink it inside of the swamp? Or to burn it in the swamp?? Why not simply unload the "stolen" contents of the ship and then just burn it (the evidence) out at sea?

IDK.. I'm thinking that OI, including the swamp, was all nothing more than an old dry dock ship yard to repair old ships. Or am I missing something?

Keep in mind they think that maybe the swamp as actually just ocean water dividing 2 islands and that the ship was brought in and then damned off each side which created the swamp..

skybolt

Dec 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's interesting how some of the extras try to exaggerate their findings for dramatic purposes. The whole coconut fiber analyses was confusing. The technician (or whoever that was on the conference call) noted that at first he thought is was human hair, which was a bit odd. Then he proclaimed that the sample was something he's never seen before. At that point I figured it was some rare, obscure material that no one would think of, but then he stated it was coconut fiber.

So let me get this straight, the crew already speculated it was coconut fiber and have found this material at Smith's Cove since the first season (as well as it being documented on the island going back decades), but the results from the analyses were that shocking?! Am I missing something?

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe it was shocking to the guy n the phone but it wasn't to the people in the room since they already speculated that it was coconut fiber. Person on phone maybe had not ever tested material that turned out to be coconut fiber before and by looking at it he just assumed it was something else till he tested it so it came as a shock to him. Not sure if when they send stuff out to be tested if they give their opinion to the tester or not before hand. I'd like to think they do not at this point as to not sway the findings in anyway..

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe it was shocking to the guy n the phone but it wasn't to the people in the room since they already speculated that it was coconut fiber. Person on phone maybe had not ever tested material that turned out to be coconut fiber before and by looking at it he just assumed it was something else till he tested it so it came as a shock to him. Not sure if when they send stuff out to be tested if they give their opinion to the tester or not before hand. I'd like to think they do not at this point as to not sway the findings in anyway..
I would of thought the other way around.. Ie Can you tell us if this is coconut fibre? That way the tester does not have to waste lots of time testing it for what it isn't e.g. human hair. If is not coconut fibre then he can test for other things.

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
When did some local blacksmith become a Expert on dating material ? Did the lab at the University tell the brothers to take a hike ?

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is exactly why I wouldn't tell anyone who is testing stuff anything much so they don't inadvertently speculate an object to fit into my narrative..Dates, fires, uses for object etc. Make them do their job and what your paying them to do. Granted the Blacksmith might be getting paid from the show but it doesn't look like he is getting paid to give out his thoughts on the items and since he knows what they are doing and the dates that fall into their narrative I take anything he says with a grain of salt...

skybolt

Dec 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When did some local blacksmith become a Expert on dating material ? Did the lab at the University tell the brothers to take a hike ?

In the future, the blacksmith should just send them a prerecorded message: "It came from a sail ship between 1710 and 1790".

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Showing off the one true lead to an underground discovery with Francis Bacon burying stones and a map in the works of Shakespeare was pretty cool, but the Laginas have been spewing theoretical bullshit as the "owners" of Canadian History for over a decade now.

They also made a cutthroat deal with their Oil and Gas contracts through their company Heritage, that the locals haven't said anything about as well as the fact that they are holding the last treasure hunting permit in all of Canada while others are robbed of their research at New Ross by this conglomerate and power hungry monopoly named Prometheus/History Channel.

You know that there is a problem with the show when the likes of Hutton Pulitzer shows up for a whole season. But to see these lowlifes pushing the narrative using Shatner to generate more of the Michigan Brothers' idea of "Canadian Heritage" for them to gawk at is even more hilarious.

How does following this trash around looking for answers from them feel?

They buy a cameo from a well known star...... :laughing7:lol:laughing7:.......to entertain you while they pass time on their own schedule....playing you all as puppets.

Last edited:

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Showing off the one true lead to an underground discovery with Francis Bacon burying stones and a map in the works of Shakespeare was pretty cool, but the Laginas have been spewing theoretical bullshit as the "owners" of Canadian History for over a decade now.

They also made a cutthroat deal with their Oil and Gas contracts through their company Heritage, that the locals haven't said anything about as well as the fact that they are holding the last treasure hunting permit in all of Canada while others are robbed of their research at New Ross by this conglomerate and power hungry monopoly named Prometheus/History Channel.

You know that there is a problem with the show when the likes of Hutton Pulitzer shows up for a whole season. But to see these lowlifes pushing the narrative using Shatner to generate more of the Michigan Brothers' idea of "Canadian Heritage" for them to gawk at is even more hilarious.

How does following this trash around looking for answers from them feel?

They buy a cameo from a well known star...... :laughing7:lol:laughing7:.......to entertain you while they pass time on their own schedule....playing you all as puppets.

The treasure at New Ross was recovered in 1770, just before the American Revolution. That treasure is long gone. It was down the Holy Well into a room and cavern off from the well. Sorry but no treasure at New Ross, today.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
A secret operation by a secret society that has been kept secret for 250 years that only you know?
When, where, and how did you uncover this well kept secret?

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread