🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

TheCoinKid

Apr 16, 2013
Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
Today's the day! I just know they're gonna find the treasure tonight. Yew just wait and see.

P.S. Sorry Mel

Au_Dreamers

Dec 15, 2010
back on the 1715!!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL I'll miss the ads if they do or not :tongue3: I hit the Jump forward option at the beginning of
the commercial breaks, so unless they start the commercial break with the ad & My mind is quicker then
my thumb on the button . odds ain't good I'll catch any adds.

to be honest I've got half a mind to not even watch tonight's recording.
which of course the other half of my mind will at least watch some
while my brain will be saying fast forward here I'm sure :laughing7:

so we'll see who wins out

Left brain,
right brain,
or Thumb :tongue3:

dumb Internet... I put "advertise" in quotes because my last straw would be them talking about Marty's wines during the show...

"Hey Marty aren't the grapes from this area of France like the ones in your vineyard that you make wine with?"

But hey it's their show, capitalize on it !!

Last edited:

Advocat

Jul 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So after tonight, where are they going to go in Scotland with this research? Rosslyn and the Sailing Sinclair? The buildings/church that was shown re Scotland didn't look like Rosslyn to me ....

bobinsd

Oct 20, 2005
San Diego California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Somebody please tell me why they just don't drop a GO PRO down the hollow drill pipe and see what's there?

Tratt

May 26, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It seems odd to me that they keep chasing stories around the world while they already found something that 'should be' excavated without any unnecessary delay.

If the dye is not coming out, maybe the floodtunnels have collapsed. If that was the case, they could just drain the money pit and the pace it gets filled again should be slower. Unless I missed something.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It seems odd to me that they keep chasing stories around the world while they already found something that 'should be' excavated without any unnecessary delay.

If the dye is not coming out, maybe the floodtunnels have collapsed. If that was the case, they could just drain the money pit and the pace it gets filled again should be slower. Unless I missed something.

I think the Flood Tunnels were imagined and the Dye tests in the past faked in order to
increase the fantastic stories about the so called treasure.

I was happy to see these people didn't fake results on the dye tests.
it has me trusting them a little bit now

As I said in the past. I believe all the water is from caves with natural springs
and underground rivers.
maybe even there is a low water table there at the moment
to slow those natural underground rivers . or as suggested, Cave in's .
{I believe they are too deep to be old sewerage lines?)

If this was supposed to have been built at the same time Atlantis & Lemuria reached the advanced
industrial age, or the same time the Sphinx was Really carved,
(not what we are told to believe)
maybe back before the people on earth destroyed it the last time.
I would believe it.

however the tools and know-how were not there 500 years ago.
even 2000 years ago earth people were still trying to spank camels.
and the only gas they knew of came from standing behind them.

and unless we are being lied to, even today the money pit as described
could not be built by the best miners alive.
the waters would kill them hundreds of years before they finish.
without

2010-02-03_tbm-at-herrenknecht_1472.jpg

I did end up fast forwarding through the france stuff.
I'm sure nothing they showed had anything that was based on reality.

Last edited:

New Gold

Nov 25, 2014
East Coast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sure nothing they showed had anything that was based on reality.

So you fast forwarded through it but you are sure nothing they showed was based on reality? This sounds like you have pre-judged the case your honour. Motion for recusal from this case.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So you fast forwarded through it but you are sure nothing they showed was based on reality? This sounds like you have pre-judged the case your honour. Motion for recusal from this case.

:laughing7: I'm Convinced there is nothing in the Money pit in the first place.

So Sorry ! in my mind Nothing in France can possibly have to do with a small Island in Nova Scotia.

Of course This is My opinion.
it does not mean everyone needs to agree.

it just means, I can't prove a negative,
prove me wrong, by showing me a Treasure :occasion14:

Last edited:

New Gold

Nov 25, 2014
East Coast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a reality show

Thanks for your input.

This legend is part of our lore and therefore part of our culture here in Nova Scotia. It existed long before the show and will likely exist after the show. It is in the hearts of many Nova Scotians.

I grew up learning that captain Kidd had perhaps buried his pirate gold just a few miles from where I was born. Which is perhaps why it is so difficult for me to abandon this mystery.

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
“We all believe in Oak Island only there are different degrees of desperation.”

Not all of the excavations on Oak Island were done by suspicious consortiums, relying on revenue obtained from share holders.

Gilbert Hedden like the Lagina brothers did his treasure searching on solely his own nickel.

When Don Vaughan had lunch with Gilbert Hedden he stated:
"Hedden told us much of the story of his era on the island. He completely believes in something buried there, and would try again if the opportunity to do so came. He spent only his own money on the work and considerably diminished his own fortunes to attest his faith. Although he thinks gold coins might have been planted on the island to encourage investors in the treasure companies, the parchment is much too unlikely to have been the result of a similar scheme. Finding the treasure now is even more complicated because it has been penetrated by drills several times, undermined once and collapsed, had tons of debris dropped on it and has been constantly stirred by the action of the tides and pumps."

treasure1822

Dec 9, 2010
:laughing7: I'm Convinced there is nothing in the Money pit in the first place.

So Sorry ! in my mind Nothing in France can possibly have to do with a small Island in Nova Scotia.

Of course This is My opinion.
it does not mean everyone needs to agree.

it just means, I can't prove a negative,
prove me wrong, by showing me a Treasure :occasion14:

Okay, I will tell all of you what is in the "Money Pit". Exactly what the designer wanted, wasted endeavors in pursuit of a "True Treasure" A treasure sought after buy Crowns and Clergy.
There are only a hand full of people that can "Definitively prove" anything on that island and because they have a "Private Sandbox" and we are not allowed to play in it all we can do is yell at the TV. There trip to France was nothing more that to show the inquisitive people that a similar Templar Legend existed in that region of France below the castle. How does one ensure that what ever they hide stays hidden from prying eyes? Simple, Give them something else to follow....

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I said it before that there is a Map to this. Mr Gilbert Hedden knew about it, he just didn't understand it.

Where can you find this map online?

New Gold

Nov 25, 2014
East Coast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He's going to bring up Skeleton island again.

I admit the outline of Skeleton island does resemble Oak island. Which is peculiar.

O

Old Silver

Since the beginning of treasures being buried, treasures have been found. I wonder how many of these treasures, great or small, have been proved to exist before they were found. Does that mean those treasures are not real because they were not proved to exist before finding? Personally, I like to look for probability of a treasure being real, but as for proof, I'm guessing that rarely, if ever, happens.

treasure1822

Dec 9, 2010
He's going to bring up Skeleton island again.

I admit the outline of Skeleton island does resemble Oak island. Which is peculiar.

I think the first part was missing the words "Oh Crap!"
Why do I have the feeling that alot of people believe that there are, for lack of a better word "RULES" to hiding treasure. You have to some imagination because back then thats was a large part of their thinking.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions