*SEATED HALF!!..Rare CW Store Card..2-Cent and more!*

Nooberz

Nov 16, 2010
Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Best field hunting day for me period! Got out to a new field bright and early. This site was gone before 1908, so I knew I wouldn't be digging modern crap. After finally finding the site, the first coin was a 1901 Indian. Next up was my third 2-cent of the year, a cooked 1865. A while passed and I snagged a nice 1832 Large Cent right on top of the ground. After getting that large cent I decided I would do a full dig on my video if I got another signal like that. The next row over I got a solid quarter signal really shallow. I popped out the camera and got a full dig of a super sweet 1877 CC Seated Half Dollar. This is my most fascinating find I have gotten. I've gotten seated half dimes, dimes, and quarters but never thought I'd scratch that one off the list. Now it was lunch time (to show the wife ).

Next field also was gone before 1908, so I was hoping for some more goodies before I called it for the day. I ended up getting a 186? fatty indian, an 1892 and 1875 Indians there. The find of the field was a very rare Civil War Store Card. I did a full dig on it because for some reason it came in as a silver quarter. Weird.

A. Jacobs, Van Wert, Ohio
Attribute: Fuld OH900A-1A
Rarity: Rarity 7 (10-20 known)

Enjoy the Video. The wind was howling and I didn't do a good job of blocking it. I apologize

Attachments

• group.JPG
    group.JPG
    128 KB · Views: 435
  • DSC_0093.JPG
    DSC_0093.JPG
    129.7 KB · Views: 417
  • DSC_0099.JPG
    DSC_0099.JPG
    127 KB · Views: 434
  • DSC_0095.JPG
    DSC_0095.JPG
    59.3 KB · Views: 970
  • DSC_0105.JPG
    DSC_0105.JPG
    73.8 KB · Views: 417
  • DSC_0107.JPG
    DSC_0107.JPG
    71.7 KB · Views: 385
Last edited:
Upvote 19

Sobo

Apr 29, 2011
Detector(s) used
Ctx 3030, Omega 8500, AT Pro, Ace 150, Explorer XS, Explorer SE / Sunray Probe, Bounter Hunter Land Ranger Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Love the half dollar even with the hole in it, amazing how coins in the ground for so long can have such good detail still.

Last edited:

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
104k.gif NICE HUNT - NICE FINDS

reednc

May 23, 2012
Columbus, OH
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What a great bunch of finds. By hiking through all that mud, you definitely had to work for them.

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What's the deal with all the coins with holes drilled in them on the old fields? Did they put them on a string in an attempt not to lose them or something? Seems like we find a lot of holed coins like that.

TooManyHobbies

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2007
CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,
DetectorPro HH Underwater
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well done, congrats. Beautiful half, token and other oldies.

OP
OP
Nooberz

Nooberz

Nov 16, 2010
Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What's the deal with all the coins with holes drilled in them on the old fields? Did they put them on a string in an attempt not to lose them or something? Seems like we find a lot of holed coins like that.

There are several theories out there for why they did the hole drilling. Could be any of them or all of them haha.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome coins/token , There are many theories on why coins were "Holed" I think the string through then for one reason or another is the best one..[SEE American Digger M agazies vol 1 issues 1&2 I believe delves into this subject]. I dug my 1st &only Capped Bust half dime that was holed with a square nail ,at first I was kinda mad ,but now it & they intrigue me. Im thinking of starting a collection of holed coins the holes add a personal touch to them /but kill the value to normal collectors. Oh well very nice anyway .GOOD LUCK

JmCraz8

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2011
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Currently using: XP DEUS, T2 SE and the Garret Carrot lol
Have used: Garret Ace 250, Garret AT Pro, Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sweeet finds Nooberz!!! what part of Ohio are you from?

oakhunter27

Mar 25, 2010
ohio
Best field hunting day for me period! Got out to a new field bright and early. This site was gone before 1908, so I knew I wouldn't be digging modern crap. After finally finding the site, the first coin was a 1901 Indian. Next up was my third 2-cent of the year, a cooked 1865. A while passed and I snagged a nice 1832 Large Cent right on top of the ground. After getting that large cent I decided I would do a full dig on my video if I got another signal like that. The next row over I got a solid quarter signal really shallow. I popped out the camera and got a full dig of a super sweet 1877 CC Seated Half Dollar. This is my most fascinating find I have gotten. I've gotten seated half dimes, dimes, and quarters but never thought I'd scratch that one off the list. Now it was lunch time (to show the wife ).

Next field also was gone before 1908, so I was hoping for some more goodies before I called it for the day. I ended up getting a 186? fatty indian, an 1892 and 1875 Indians there. The find of the field was a very rare Civil War Store Card. I did a full dig on it because for some reason it came in as a silver quarter. Weird.

A. Jacobs, Van Wert, Ohio
Attribute: Fuld OH900A-1A
Rarity: Rarity 7 (10-20 known)

Enjoy the Video. The wind was howling and I didn't do a good job of blocking it. I apologize

YouTube Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GzxYGImPtw

Awesome the finds great hunt

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That seated half was incredible!

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
killer hunt!!!!

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
super awesome finds. even though the half is holed, it is still a spectacular find :headbang:

matt092079

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2011
Charles Town, WV
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 with 11" DD coil, Garrett Ace 250 with 9x12 coil, Garrett Pro-Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great coin finds!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread