*SEATED HALF!!..Rare CW Store Card..2-Cent and more!*

Nooberz

Nov 16, 2010
Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Best field hunting day for me period! Got out to a new field bright and early. This site was gone before 1908, so I knew I wouldn't be digging modern crap. After finally finding the site, the first coin was a 1901 Indian. Next up was my third 2-cent of the year, a cooked 1865. A while passed and I snagged a nice 1832 Large Cent right on top of the ground. After getting that large cent I decided I would do a full dig on my video if I got another signal like that. The next row over I got a solid quarter signal really shallow. I popped out the camera and got a full dig of a super sweet 1877 CC Seated Half Dollar. This is my most fascinating find I have gotten. I've gotten seated half dimes, dimes, and quarters but never thought I'd scratch that one off the list. Now it was lunch time (to show the wife ).

Next field also was gone before 1908, so I was hoping for some more goodies before I called it for the day. I ended up getting a 186? fatty indian, an 1892 and 1875 Indians there. The find of the field was a very rare Civil War Store Card. I did a full dig on it because for some reason it came in as a silver quarter. Weird.

A. Jacobs, Van Wert, Ohio
Attribute: Fuld OH900A-1A
Rarity: Rarity 7 (10-20 known)

Enjoy the Video. The wind was howling and I didn't do a good job of blocking it. I apologize

Attachments

• group.JPG
    group.JPG
    128 KB · Views: 435
  • DSC_0093.JPG
    DSC_0093.JPG
    129.7 KB · Views: 417
  • DSC_0099.JPG
    DSC_0099.JPG
    127 KB · Views: 434
  • DSC_0095.JPG
    DSC_0095.JPG
    59.3 KB · Views: 970
  • DSC_0105.JPG
    DSC_0105.JPG
    73.8 KB · Views: 417
  • DSC_0107.JPG
    DSC_0107.JPG
    71.7 KB · Views: 385
Last edited:
Upvote 19

LuckyThirteen08

Sep 17, 2012
Grundy VA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4, Teknetics Delta 4000,Teknetics Omega 8000,Teknetics Gamma 6000,Minelab Pro-Find 25 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome finds,Thanks for sharing!!!

HH John!!

MNcoinhunter

Nov 19, 2012
Northern Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Sunray X-5, 6" Excelerator EQ2, SEF 10X12.
Garrett AT Pro, 8X11 DD & 5X8 DD,
Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice seated half. I wish I could ID a coin before I wiped the mud off of it ... congrats !!

OP
OP
Nooberz

Nooberz

Nov 16, 2010
Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You had an absolutely awesome day on coins. I love that big silver. I've never dug a seated half.

Thanks Bill! You have a "couple" in your collection that I would passout from finding. :tongue3:

OP
OP
Nooberz

Nooberz

Nov 16, 2010
Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice seated half. I wish I could ID a coin before I wiped the mud off of it ... congrats !!

Guess you have never dug a silver half before and have no idea the size of one, and when 1877 is plain as day, kinda easy to determine what coin it is.

Find more coins and know the age of your site and you will be able to I.D. a coin when you see a date.

I'll be posting my finds from today here in a little bit. Make sure you hop on there and question my 3-cent.

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well surely you are not saying kyle "planted" this coin.....I saw the full dig as you would too if you watched the video. And yes I agree when he held it up to the camera I could tell it was a half and I knew from the date it was a seated.

dougofpa

Banned
May 18, 2012
PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett ACE 250, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

I really hope your kidding......your avatar name is MN COIN hunter and you CAN'T ID a Seated Half...oh boy...I think you need a name change.

I knew what it was a soon as I saw the date......Don't even suggest or hint that this was planted....get real dude.

nsdq

Silver Member
Oct 16, 2011
Tarpon springs FL
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro,Ace 150, flea market digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow..............................................

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread