Digger

Mar 24, 2003
Dodge City Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, E-Trac, Makro Racer 2, DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: "Seeing" through the trash???

I tried something new this weekend and was quite surprised.

I've been using my DFX for 4 years now and had never really tried the Relic mode until this weekend. I had just walked 3/4 of a mile to my hunting spot when my Sovereign GT went crackers. I had my DFX with me so I walked back to my truck and got it. I had been liking how my GT can run a stable threshold in all metal mode. This makes it very sensitive to small targets, plus the tone ID helps tell good from bad.

I fire up the DFX and decided to try the Relic mode. First thing I noticed was virtually no difference in switching from motion to pinpoint/all-metal mode. It seems to be running in all metal with a steady threshold, plus it has a tone ID as well. I really really liked it in the field, so later I decided to give it a go at coin shooting. What I found was that I could easily pick up a good target with a piece of iron next to it with no problems. Iron alone would give a clean low ummf sound, but if there was a good target with it, it would either give a sharp high pitch or at least a ummf with a high pitch.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread