Seeking Treasure Hunting Families

Rdobs

Dec 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Everyone!

I am a development researcher for Televison Production company based in Toronto. We are currently looking to produce a show about a family of treasure hunters with larger than life personalities and a passion for seeking out valuable relics. Our casting call if pretty wide at this point, we would accept gold prospectors, divers, Relic hunters, est, as long as you have a passion or business collecting valuable items!

If you think you would be a good candidate for the show, please email: [email protected] for more information.

Thanks,

Rachelle

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Wife and I detect. Not sure she could take off for the show. My son who lives with his alcoholic mother thinks detectors are too dangerous for a 11 year old boy. Now the escapades of my Ex is a story for you. As soon as she gets out of rehab, again lol.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
These guys dont give up do they:laughing9:Whats larger than life personalities?Oh I know FAKE,same as all these shows are.

pwcguy

May 20, 2010
Va
Detector(s) used
E-Trac (retired)
CTX3030, Double Eagle
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ah, You need to talk the the Savage Family.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You may have come to the wrong place. Most of the folks on here are just plain real people. However, if you go over to Denver, scout along Colfax Avenue, you might find what it is you're lookin for.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
What gets me is that theres no originality anymore,pitiful,pitiful.Put people in front of a camera theyre not themselves anymore and its called reality:sign10:

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
if I wasn't already filming a movie..

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
These guys dont give up do they:laughing9:Whats larger than life personalities?Oh I know FAKE,same as all these shows are.
...They don't give up i wish all the treasure hunting and metal detecting shows on TV ... would go away............. I refuse to watch any of them ......... Will not watch any.......

justdon

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Teknetics delta4000/Tesoro compadre/Garrett ace 250/Garrett propointer/Garrett at pro/Tesoro silver umax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Iam new to the hobby.but i never watch those shows.They are stagged and the people follow a script.All reality shows are sickening to me.

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Everyone!

I am a development researcher for Televison Production company based in Toronto. We are currently looking to produce a show about a family of treasure hunters with larger than life personalities and a passion for seeking out valuable relics. Our casting call if pretty wide at this point, we would accept gold prospectors, divers, Relic hunters, est, as long as you have a passion or business collecting valuable items!

If you think you would be a good candidate for the show, please email: [email protected] for more information.

Thanks,

Rachelle

Not another staged fake detecting show!!! Maybe you could combined a few of these reality shows together and make it really interesting?
How about Zombies detecting inside of Ghost Mines and running into the Savage family or Big Foot. Then being attacked by gators or wild hogs. Then having their cars repossessed by Lizard Lick Towing and having to buy them back from Hardcore Pawn. I think you would have a hit on your hands then.
Quack quack!

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd rather be out detecting....alone, I'm camera shy when I'm try'n to drag that chest of gold to the truck!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ah, You need to talk the the Savage Family.

yes they are as Phoney as they come :laughing7:

sorry to tell you, But if you want to get serious candidates ,
your going to need to go to sites with a bunch of Posers.

we are Real treasure Hunters here.
anything we do would be way too Boring for what you want.
you need people who aren't afraid to lie to you & the audience your trying to reach.

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Heres a new reality series for you to do.Take all the televisions producers,writers,researchers,etc.Make sure they have a cam on them at all times,head band cam or something similar.Give them the cloths on their back a six pack of soda,a big bag of doritos and a hand full of slim jims and drop their butts 150 or so miles out in the middle of the great north woods.To make it interesting do this in the middle of January.

SoCalBeachScanner

Aug 17, 2013
Coastal Orange County, CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATX, AT Pro, ProPointer, and a weirdly good sense of direction
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
-
Great! Now their scouting for the Duck Dynasty of Treasure Hunting.

What Next! The family that has a passion for flying Drones?

mangum

Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2012
Charlotte, North Carolina
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, MXT Pro Back-up
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not another staged fake detecting show!!! Maybe you could combined a few of these reality shows together and make it really interesting? How about Zombies detecting inside of Ghost Mines and running into the Savage family or Big Foot. Then being attacked by gators or wild hogs. Then having their cars repossessed by Lizard Lick Towing and having to buy them back from Hardcore Pawn. I think you would have a hit on your hands then. Quack quack!
Ha! Awesome! These shows are a joke. Like someone else said, you're barking up the wrong tree here.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dude, but I am filming a movie! My sixth! One coming out in June, and the other next fall.

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im totally down!...Maybe they can do a crossover of Naked and Afraid with this.....Oh, I only detect Nude..My ONE stipulation

aliciakay1981

Dec 9, 2013
north carolina
Detector(s) used
at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
how about a mild mannered car mechanic who likes to squeeze in a couple of hours of treasure hunting a week while she works as a bounty hunter and bondsman at night all the while raising ophaned possums whenever she can:laughing7:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh! I know! Naked, afraid and stupid metal detector enthusiasts looking for pirate treasure at the beach in January. Who happen to get entangled with a horde of angry surf fishermen and stupid joggers who like to trip and hurt themselves tripping over sea shells and gasp! sea turtle holes, mainly because they were tweeting their BFF who is named Buffy, by the way, Buffy couldn't come 'cause she was out looking for owls. At noon. In Nova Scotia.

Sarcastic enough, or do I need to go deeper?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions