Upvote 0

ecoast

Sep 12, 2013
The Highlands of NW NJ
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, V3i, DeepTech Vista SMART, ATP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
...what'll you give me for a bucket 'o can slaw?

(with co-mingled bottle caps)

NVNutcase

Sep 9, 2013
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't sold anything, yet. I've got my wife convinced that we are going to get rich, and she's getting anxious. Lol I'm sure you can move anything of Value.

OP
OP
oifbusch

oifbusch

Aug 24, 2014
Abbeville, SC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea my fiance thinks im crazy but the rest of family is kinda anxious for me to go out and look lol. My uncle has about 40 acres of hunting property and has a creek that should hold gold...i have permission to pan there when the pans come in the mail. Also, we live in an old School house building that is considered "historic" in our county and I really want to get a detector and check out the fields and yards lol.

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Completely your call.I would only if necessary,but you might find yourself having some future regret.

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Depends on what I have found. I may wait and sell when I get enough. I sold most of my gold and silver jewelry when it was high. I cam out pretty good. Now I am just collecting and letting it all add back up.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To answer your question, yes, I have been lucky enough to both find enough good stuff that paid for all my detectors, as well as still having a pretty large collection. When you do that, especially from about the time you start, chance are you will learn to regret a choice or two, but I actually did ok and can only think of a couple of things I'd like to have back, and they weren't the valuable ones. That having been said, don't assume it's going to be easy. I live in an area with some decent hunting, and a lot of sites... many don't have it near as good.

redcobra8u

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2014
Los Angeles
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, CTX3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I sold a stainless Tiffany & co. Ring in eBay for $100 and only because it had no worth for scrap. After that, my wife is happy to hang onto everything. I guess I will let it pile up and cash it all in one day but for now, it's nice to look at.

whammy

Oct 23, 2012
Conquest New York
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision, DFX, Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sold all my non valuable or collectable silver coins and my buddie and I went out to New Mexico to visit his son. PS, I did keep all the good silver coins though.

OP
OP
oifbusch

oifbusch

Aug 24, 2014
Abbeville, SC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went out today for the first time searching for gold (gold pans came in the mail today)....and found a laptop someone threw off the bridge ;)...a lil gold right there lol...and shoveled some gravel and sand from the river and will practice panning more tomorrow

mouseman60

Jul 9, 2014
Detector(s) used
Mxt pro
Don't buy a metal detector thinking you're going to get rich or have enough to pay for one. Metal detecting is about having
A hobbie and enjoying looking for stuff ,and if you find something of value, it's up to you if you want to sell it or not. Myself, after 3 years of looking I havnt sold a thing. But, hey you never know until you find something.

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I've traded several dog tags and a token for Silver coins...........REAL MONEY!!

GOD Bless

Chris

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
Hey Guys, just curious about whether or not yall sell anything yall find? Im going through the threads and loving what is being found. I want to get a metal detector but those are expensive...do any of you sell your treasure or coins to pay for such high end equipment?

I initially went into this hobby telling myself that I would, and I still tell myself that I will, but I haven't to date. It's hard to let go.

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Guys, just curious about whether or not yall sell anything yall find? Im going through the threads and loving what is being found. I want to get a metal detector but those are expensive...do any of you sell your treasure or coins to pay for such high end equipment?

Its all about the hunt for me, but I love many different aspects of treasure hunting and detecting. This is what its all about.

To answer your question however, I do sell some of my finds. I sell all of the clad, first of all. I clean them up with my tumbler, and separate them into individual bags. After I cash them in, I put the cash into an envelope in my safe and save it up for detecting stuff, scuba gear, prospecting gear, etc. Anything notable gets saved to my private collection. I'm not a relic guy, so any valuable relics (which I am still waiting to find, hehehe) will get sold or given to friends.

mr helton

May 20, 2013
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
White's Spectrum XLT
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I initially went into this hobby telling myself that I would, and I still tell myself that I will, but I haven't to date. It's hard to let go.

haha same

Then I reasoned with myself and said ok I'll just sell the gold, but here I am sitting on 3 gold rings and a gold pendant that I can't bring myself to sell.

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
haha same

Then I reasoned with myself and said ok I'll just sell the gold, but here I am sitting on 3 gold rings and a gold pendant that I can't bring myself to sell.

I know the feeling. It's not like its hoarding. Its more like you had to work hard for that stuff.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread