OP
OP
45th_Johnny

45th_Johnny

Jul 14, 2017
Mississippi
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Terry_C, tried print screen but nothing was on my desk top. I will try Google Earth,
Truth, if you go up Jacob to Genie and park at he dead end and cross the canal you will be in the promise land. I Shall Return.
YES THAT IS IT. GOOD LUCK

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
On historic aerials the a black circle ( normally a black square means a homestead not sure what circle means ) from 1892. It's on the corner of Florida Avenue and Bartolo St. Any idea? IMG_0002.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Terry_C, tried print screen but nothing was on my desk top. I will try Google Earth,
Truth, if you go up Jacob to Genie and park at he dead end and cross the canal you will be in the promise land. I Shall Return.
YES THAT IS IT. GOOD LUCK

Oh don't worry I'm going tomorrow. I don't play around. I must find treasure.

OP
OP
45th_Johnny

45th_Johnny

Jul 14, 2017
Mississippi
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"On historic aerials the a black circle ( normally a black square means a homestead not sure what circle means ) from 1892. It's on the corner of Florida Avenue and Bartolo St. Any idea?" A sewerage treatment plant was at the end of Bartola St. I doubt it was there in 1892. You may find something you weren't looking. Again GOOD LUCK

Last edited:

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
I like topo maps but a few years back one had to pay for that. But found a way to still get topo by going to fishing map sites. Topo maps are good for finding ghost town sites.

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
The link I been using offers options of years for the topo map. Story I did today was dated about 1874, was able to get a 1901 topo map to add to the story.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The only map that I have is my local street map to help me not to get lost.
I depend heavily on "Mona" my dashboard GPS. I also have 4 other handhelds, my favorite being and old West Marine unit. ╦╦Ç

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah, I noticed that it didn't work just right. I seem to have and auto-upgrade to GE and the format changed some. I was able to still get a pic going but will need to "review" so I can put the instructions here...... stand by some. ╦╦Ç

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah, I noticed that it didn't work just right. I seem to have and auto-upgrade to GE and the format changed some. I was able to still get a pic going but will need to "review" so I can put the instructions here...... stand by some. ╦╦Ç
DAMN! I now must create an account to use GE. I can see the e-mail overload coming! I may have just "excommunicated" GE! NO.... I like GE too much to abandon it. I'll try again as soon as I pick up the computer. I threw it across the room. ╦╦Ç

OP
OP
45th_Johnny

45th_Johnny

Jul 14, 2017
Mississippi
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Terry, I think Truth has the idea. I am glad you joined the team, someone has to keep Tom and I straight.

P.S. Terry, I have four GPS's, one in my truck, one in the car and two hand held. One of the h/h's has a cracked case, if the electronics goes out on the one I use, I can just swap out cases. The only one I use is the one in the truck and only when my wife tells me I am lost. I don't know it I have said this, but THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE, BROTHER.

Last edited:

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Terry, I think Truth has the idea. I am glad you joined the team, someone has to keep Tom and I straight.

P.S. Terry, I have four GPS's, one in my truck, one in the car and two hand held. One of the h/h's has a cracked case, if the electronics goes out on the one I use, I can just swap out cases. The only one I use is the one in the truck and only when my wife tells me I am lost. I don't know it I have said this, but THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE, BROTHER.
Tnx for the tnx! I've been messin' with GE and have decided that Google Maps may be the way to go. I will figure it out before long then post an instruction for those that need the info. ╦╦Ç

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tnx for the tnx! I've been messin' with GE and have decided that Google Maps may be the way to go. I will figure it out before long then post an instruction for those that need the info. ╦╦Ç
PS: I am just getting to know you. Tom and I go way back. He and I do not have quite the same attitude towards detecting but I have never known him to promote "bum scoop". He is a WEALTH of information that many (including me) depend on. ╦╦Ç

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I depend heavily on "Mona" my dashboard GPS. I also have 4 other handhelds, my favorite being and old West Marine unit. ╦╦Ç
Mona is actually the name of the female I "rented" on my Taipei R&R. My girlfriend doesn't know.... don't tell her. ╦╦Ç

OP
OP
45th_Johnny

45th_Johnny

Jul 14, 2017
Mississippi
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Terry, I have lived in Norwark, Venice, and Hawthorne, the only place I have ever hunted in California was during the time I was a summer student in Sacramento and that was for gold, with a pan or slouch-box. The most gold I ever found was in the Yellow river in Sacramento. I did find some near Folsom, and even in Mississippi. The old saying is true "Gold is where you find it."

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Johnny I went over that little bridge on the levee behind the plant and they ran me out of there quick! I'll let them know I heard this was the Promise Land and he said, "No this is federal land!!". Lol I said have a blessed day and got the hell out of there. Lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread