Sheet in stream to catch gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

reptwar1

Jan 24, 2013
Russelville Arkansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone ever heard the stories about old timers stretching sheets across streams to catch fine gold dust? I have read it on several sites but now cant find any of them. Reason Im asking....just got off the phone with a guy that did something similar and caught just over an ounce of gold in 2 weeks. The guy then told me that his contact with USGS informed him that every 24 hours, $16,000 in suspended flour gold flows past the town that we live in. That price was in the 60's when gold was $30 an ounce. Allow me to adjust for current gold prices... Ready?...$541,560 EVERY 24 HOURS!! Now you see why I'm interested lol

Upvote 0

mike(swWash)

Feb 6, 2008
Grays Harbor in Washington state
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT with about 1/4" of dust on it and can't even remember how t turn it on?!?!?
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Lol I just got my gold cube in the mail, and ran it last night...phenomenal!!!!! BUT.....I'm already, planning to coat it with Vaseline for the microns. Damn....I just don't want to have to burn my cube to recover the fines lol BUT....I know they are in there. Way more than the visible stuff!

I'm thinking, just coat the last 2" of the top slick plate.
I too have a cube and it already catches some of the "invisible" yellow stuff. After I spend 2-3 hrs panning the black beach sand from the cube to recover the visible -150, (I pan it for the challenge and to keep my skill level up (see my video) , then I run all the leftovers on my miller table.
Every 5 spoon fulls I scrape the deck and make the invisible visible. I won't doubt the science nor the speculation nor the proven facts..... Worth the effort or not worth the $ recovered....it's the challenge :notworthy:

chlsbrns

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
Mike swWash... Your location looks awesome! Great video and panning! If you put the grease on top it will catch gold that the cube will catch. Maybe aa coating on a slick plate under where everything exits the gold cube?

Last edited:

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Was wondering why this thread was so many pages, then realized it was
from a single member posting one-line responses in post after post, some
less than a minute apart.

Is there some prize offered for artificially jacking up ones post count?

Chlsbrns: How come every thread you start or join becomes a ridiculous drama fest? (no response needed...it's rhetorical)

Well, I've read the entire thread, had a good laugh, and now it's time to go
back to reality.

:hello:

chlsbrns

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
Chlsbrns: How come every thread you start or join becomes a ridiculous drama fest? (no response needed...it's rhetorical)

Well, I've read the entire thread, had a good laugh, and now it's time to go
back to reality.
:hello:
I'm thinking maybe because some people are dizzy and just don't get it? They criticize continually even after reading verified facts. I think its called being detached from reality?

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Lincolnton North Carolina
Detector(s) used
30" Bazooka Sniper, Drop Riffle sluice box.
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
He is dizzy because he has a medical condition. this is getting out of control. How old are we?

Here is a dam build after a rain. small stream so low flow despite the water.

Thank you, and as you see i have provided what you asked. It takes me a while to respond because i am a father of 2, a husband of 1, and a son of 2 parents, one of i which i am helping taking care of because of his cancer. If you have a problem with the way people are questioning or responding to you, go find john in Arizona and you two can share your stories.

Last edited:

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Wow, the personal attacks are at an all time high. Must be too much idle time.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
End it or a mod will...

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Reptwar we have rules on language too..

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Weren't you planning a lengthy vacation in the very near future?

Have a good time.

popc1.gif~original
popc1.gif~original
popc1.gif~original
popc1.gif~original
popc1.gif~original

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions