Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I posted this in the metal detecting forum and only got one response, hopefully more of the braintrust will help me here. I hunt strictly on the beach, and strictly dry sand. I would rather find an old Spanish ships spike than a diamond necklace (i.e. I'm all about history, not money). I have been using an old (1973) Bounty Hunter I. Yes, I dig everything. In the opinion of the braintrust, would upgrading to a Fisher F2 or Garrett Ace 250 be worth the investment? I cannot afford a dedicated beach machine like the Tesoro Sand Shark.

Upvote 0

AT PRO user

Mar 16, 2014
It's one tone, or note or noise - whatever you want to call it but different stuff sounds different, like between a wire and a coin. But, like fletch88 said, you pretty much dig and dig. And dig. With my SS I can have a whole bag of junk in a couple of hours whereas with my sovereign gt I only have a pocket full.

Even with my AT PRO I dig lots of trash, but it's always foil or pull tabs the kind of trash I'm looking for :) my fear with a pi is that I'll be digging 8" down for a iron staple or nail.

Is the sovereign the same guts as the excal just a different housing. Also after watching some videos it seems the excal has some problems finding certain gold even at the surface level. Again don't have any experience with these
Machine or know anyone who has, so I love to get peoples opinion.

AT PRO user

Mar 16, 2014
I want to express my apology to boatlode. I did not mean to high jack his thread. It was not my intention. Congrats on the new machine and I hope it finds you great treasures. My roommate got a used sand shark three days ago at a great price and I'm jealous seeing him working the shoreline and I'm stuck on the towel line :) happy hunting with your new machine

OP
OP
Boatlode

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I want to express my apology to boatlode. I did not mean to high jack his thread. It was not my intention. Congrats on the new machine and I hope it finds you great treasures. My roommate got a used sand shark three days ago at a great price and I'm jealous seeing him working the shoreline and I'm stuck on the towel line :) happy hunting with your new machine

No worries, AT Pro user. I didn't have anything else to add until I dig up some silver or gold. So far just a lot of junk.

But I am glad I went with the Sand Shark. I have to dig everything anyway, so a discriminator isn't for me. There is no way I could walk away from a hit without digging it up.

penzfan

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 - Excal 1000 - Excal II - Sovereign GT - RTG/Oleg Scoops - XPointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Like I always say, "Dig all your juice or you'll never know what you just passed up..." hh

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread