SILVER BARS

kenb

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2004
Long Island New York
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Can anyone help me date these two silver bars.I found them in the back of a TIGHT crawl space under my grand parents house. The bars were in large coffee cans filled with wax and partialy buried in the dirt floor. 15 years ago my grandfather told me he had silver hidden in in the basement but didnt say how much or where. 10 years ago he died without telling anyone where the the cache was, 2 years ago grandmother past and my cousin and i searched and found these. I tried anglo-american metals where they were forged but they dont show anything on silver

Upvote 0

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
Ken,

I can't help with the date, but www.kitco.com might be able to help figuring out what they might be worth. If your curious.

Hope it helps,

RON(PA)

cedarratt

Nov 14, 2004
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
they look like 100 once bars (they should be marked) so they would be worth around 1300 to 1400 dollars. You might check ebay I seem to remeber that large silver bars were bringing pretty good on there. Just be sure before you sell them to check the price of silver per troy ounce so that you get a good deal on them.

cedarratt

Nov 14, 2004
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
PS If I had them I'd list them on ebay for 700 a peice, then I would be sure to get a good price. (then id use the money to fix my truck. lol) Good luck

OP
OP
kenb

kenb

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2004
Long Island New York
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Thanks cedarratt, i have good reason to believe there are more, going to search some more before I do anything

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
I would definitely search for more.
If it was me, I would hang on to them, the price of silver has got to go up again someday...
Sorry to hear about your Grand Parents,,,

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread