Silver, Cracker Jacks and a trolley ride

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
After a slow start today at my church/homesite, I migrated to another part of the property. Pretty soon I had 17, 19, 26, 29 and 36 wheaties, a 33 Canadian penny, a 45 Mercury dime and two very interesting other pieces (three if you count the 1960 rabies tag). I found a Cracker Jack coin with William Henry Harrison on the front and "Cracker Jack Mystery Club" on the back. I'm trying to track down a date for this prize, but haven't been successful so far. My most interesting find was a token, "good for one fare" on Pittsburgh Railways Co. It appears to have the date 1922 on it, with a triangular hole in the middle. A picture of a streetcar graces the middle of the token, between Pittsburgh and Railways Co. I have seen Pittsburghers respond to my other postings; does anyone have any information about these two finds? Again, sorry that I don't have pictures!

Upvote 0

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
Half,

sounds like some interesting finds and
like you had a good time.

Silver is always nice.

have a good un.........

Postalrevnant

Silver Member
Jul 5, 2006
Mountains
Great haul. Congratulations. Hope someone gets you a camera for Christmas wuold love to see some of those cools finds. I especially love seeing the many tokens that peps find.

Rev

OP
OP
halfdime

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
I found both tokens for sale on EBay; a Pittsburgh Railways token just sold for $.99. Information about the Cracker Jack coin is more sketchy, and I still haven't pinned down a date for it. Why didn't this resource exist when I needed it, in college?

OP
OP
halfdime

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Thanks for the help, Gypsy; that seems appropriate for the other finds at this site.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread