JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Hey Everyone,

I'm back from my trip. Man 10 days away from the forum was a long time.

I had my ups and downs through out the trip. Everything was going great almost.

Friday my son got shots in the day. That night right before we were about to leave he starts throwing up in my house. Not to gross you out.

Just telling it the way it was. I also had to rush out to the car rental place. They were open till 1 am and I got there at 12:30. It was at the airport also.

Finally the car was packed and we headed out of the burgh. Things were going great until about 5:00 a.m when I got my first speeding ticket.

It was in Virginia. Man there brutal down there. 93 in a 65 and the officer wouldn't cut me any slack.

I'm a negative type of thinker so in my head the trip was ruined already.

I bounced back and let it go. Figured I'd deal with it when I got home.

We finally get there the next day. Me and my brother were excited to start hunting. It was his first trip to the ocean ever.

It was a nice really clean private beach. A little to clean. Hits were far few and in between.

There was alot of interference around the area. Once I played with my unit and got it right were I wanted it was fine.

The competition was brutal. 10 hunters a day on the beach. But not to be mean I saw alot of bad detecting habits in every one of them.

Before I knew it I was Bsing more than I was hunting. I actually was teaching guys how to hunt.

I knew everyone after just a few days. Met alot of nice people from my area in P.a here.

After about 3 mourning's with just some clad a few relics and a couple fake rings I hit the good one.

It just washed in early mourning on the tide line. Got a solid foil hit and dug a really awesome saphire and diamond ring. It has 18 diamonds in it.

The stone in the center has to be about a 3/4th carat. It looks to be genuine and not synthetic. It's also set in 14kt.

I was really happy with it. And it helped forget about the ugly ticket at home waiting for me.

My brother did well but was disappointed that he didn't get any gold.

One evening before dinner we decided to go back out for a 1.5 hr hunt.

I get out there and within 5 minutes dug a womens watch over 12 inches deep. I was getting some serious depth.

I then got caught up talking with people for the whole hunt. I dug maybe 5 holes total.

The guy I was talking with said you better find a few more rings to pay that ticket off.

Not 10 minutes later on our way back to the condo I dig the large 10kt white gold ring. It has 6 diamonds in it and a giant over a carat pink stone in it.

My brother was really hating me then. I don't know I just have that luck I guess.

I also found a really old silver ring. I couldn't get the right pic for you all on it. It was heavily tarnished and looked to be the style of rings I have found that are around a 100 yrs old.

I got more pics of when the stuff came out of the holes on the beach. I need to get the film developed. I will update this post later in the week.

I also found the smallest silver and CZ charm I ever saw. I can't explain everything so just feal free to ask me.

Glad I am back. I'll miss it but I'll get back down there. I could make some really great finds if I was close to a beach.

Hope you all like the pics and story. I'll have more later in the week for you all.

Glad to be back on the forum

HH Jer

Attachments

• 2 Great rings.jpg
    2 Great rings.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 3,748
  • Sc clad.jpg
    Sc clad.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 3,736
  • sc relics.jpg
    sc relics.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 3,710
  • Bunch of stakes.jpg
    Bunch of stakes.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 3,744
Upvote 0
OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Re: Silver, Gold, Diamonds And Gemstones. My SC Trip Was Great. (Updated)

Thanks alot to everyone who replied.

I couldn't wait to get back and show you all.

I shouldn't have been speeding. Everyone was sleeping I was really tiered and wanted to get to my condo bed as quick as possible.

I saw the cop a mile before I got to him. They had me on laser. They must have some good stuff in Va.

Never got a ticket in Pa. Anyone a state police officer in Va. If so could you please tell the judge to make my ticket light.

I learned my lesson. I didn't expect him to give me a break. It was to much over the limit.

I'm just glad I didn't have my car. I'd be in jail right now.

Lisa, You gave me the jinks luck when you gave me a good luck reply right before I left. And it worked out well lol.

Anyone have any idea what the pink stone may be. I have seen about 5 stones that look just like it.

Again thanks for all the kind words from you all. It makes me feal good to come here and post.

HH Jer

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other

93 in a 65 :D :D :D

10 miles over if your lucky, get a pass.

Very nice stuff you pulled up, very nice.

93 in a 65 ;D ;D

;)

have a good un...............

markgPA

Jan 13, 2006
Bethlehem, PA
Detector(s) used
Whites PrizmV, Minelab Explorer SE

Nice rings Jer. I hope your auto insurance agent isn't a TNet member!
HH
Mark G

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Awesome finds Jer and I'm really glad that ring fits your wife! Great points for those finds, LOL!!! You would like Germany, it's 65MPH (62) on the back roads, highway speed limit is as fast as your car will go, unless marked, I was cruising around 115MPH just this morning. The police do not typically give out speeding tickets personally, sometimes they do, it's a different dept. that just sets up a camera and speed measurement equipment where ever, they are slightly camoflouged and if you're speeding, it just takes your picture and you receive the ticket/fine about 2 weeks later. HH, Mike

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH

93 - wow. I always set the cruise control to 70-71 in a 65 zone. That way never have to worry. Haven't gotten a speeding ticket in all my 27 years of driving. Now that doesn't mean I haven't been stopped.... ;D

I think the Luck goes with the DFX. Those are some nice rings. Looks great on the beach. We didn't really have a vacation this year. Maybe next year.

What, no fish pictures? ;)

Bob

OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used

Thanks alot for the replies guys.

I'm still stressing this ticket. It's something I didn't need. Never got a speeding ticket and had to get the worst one you could get basically.

I will have to get through it some how. I don't even wanna say what it's gonna cost me.

I wish the U.S would bump up the MPH. Pa is the slowest state in america. You average like 50.

Mike, I need to move over there. I like to open my engines up alot. On my way back home and there I saw over 20 people ticketed.

So when I looked at it that way I was just one of the percentiles. I'm not gonna be doing a whole lot of opening ups for some time now.

I'm just to used to city driving. They had to nab me on my first long trip with my kids and family.

It was also amazing about the rings. They both fit my wife great. The blue one fit like a glove.

I've found alot of women rings. But none she could were all the time. It was her benefit on this one.

I looked for a guys but it didn't come lol.

There starting to take pics and send you tickets here also.

Mirage, I was cruise controling the rest of the way and back after that.

We wanted to do some deep sea fishing but it was expensive to rent stuff. I saw alot of fish and dolphines there though.

Caught some crabs and stuff like that. It was nice. Took every dollar I had though.

Thanks again guys.

P.S

Sorry for the long post. I kinda had a rough one with the great finds the bad ticket the kids really tough and some other things I had on my mind.

HH Jer

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

OMG! JEREMY!!! :o And they are ALREADY claimed! :D Beautiful!!!

Absolutely beautiful!

Looks like you had a great time anyhow! Let the ticket thing go....waste of time to worry over it...you got that kind of time to waste?......me neither! :)

Tell ya a short story.....
Two years ago hubby and I were going to Nashville. He had just bought a new truck....maybe 200 miles on it....still breaking it in. On 65N in Decatur, just bumping along...73 miles per hour in a 70. Hubby looks in rear view mirror...see's a state trooper behind us....change lanes and he does too! We pull over and the trooper gives him a ticket for doing 93....? ??? Why? Dunno? Went to court to protest it.....had to pay it anyway. How do you prove that you weren't going 93? Now that one.....he just can't get past it! :P I say.....just let it go! ;)

Love the pictures! Nana ;)

ps...hope your son is feeling better! :)

OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used

Thanks Nana,

I instantly felt better after hearing your story. I could use you around more often lol.

I am just a negative thinker. Think the worst and when it's not then feal better.

Just to prepare myself for the toughest consqence. If it's any thing lighter I'm happy.

Your right I do have the time. But funds are tight.

I guess everyone out there has got that one story to tell. Hope that this is my first and only.

Thanks again,

Jeremy

OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Here is another pic of a close up of some of the other things I found.

I was able to clean them up.

The one ring is a mood ring. The other is a fake with a small diamond in it.

Got the religous charm for my first indicator that more was gonna come.

Got a 1 cent coin from mexico or somwhere and a gaming token.

Just thought I'd throw it up.

HH Jer

Attachments

• more trinkets.jpg
    more trinkets.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 3,112

Dirt Devil

Jul 29, 2005
The Burgh
Hi Jer,
Just got back from North Myrtle on Saturday. Took 10 hours to get back to the 'burg. Bummer about the ticket. May be a good idea to invest in a c.b. radio since radar detectors are banned in Virginia. Did not get a chance to detect much this trip. To lazy to get up early since it is vacation and if I go out later to many people bug me. Nice Rings!!!!! I will be more motivated next year because of your pix. What part of Myrtle did you stay at. We were in the Windy Hill section of North Myrtle right on the beach close to Barefoot landing.. I also spent just about all of our fun money this year. I am not looking forward to getting that gasoline bill in the mail next month. Have A Good One....
Jim

DPBOB

Silver Member
Apr 12, 2006
DES PLAINES IL
Detector(s) used

"Your going Metal Detecting
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:) :) :) :)

Attachments

• THUMBS UP.gif
    THUMBS UP.gif
    30.5 KB · Views: 3,020
  • THUMBS UP.gif
    THUMBS UP.gif
    30.5 KB · Views: 3,031

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan

JerDfx said:
Anyone have any idea what the pink stone may be. I have seen about 5 stones that look just like it.

HH Jer

Hi Jeremy!

It's too bright to be a ruby or garnet.
My guess is that it is either a lab created pink sapphire, a pink topaz, or a lab pink diamond. She's a beauty that's for sure. Congrats!

The blue stone is a blue sapphire or swiss blue topaz I think.

I would really like to see some more photos of the blue stone ring if you could. That's amazing!

Smiles!
BDoo

OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Thanks alot everyone.

I got lucky Bdoo, The wife forgot to put them on this mourning and they were here.

This is the best I can get on the scanner. I have trouble in the day time pics because of the sun in the house.

At night I can get some great photos. The scanner is a very good one.

Thanks for trying to guess what these stones may be. The pink one could be 5 types of stones I looked at.

I was guessing since it was in 10 kt white gold it was a lab created stone.

Or a real stone but just a semi precious. There still 2 really nice rings to have.

I wish I'd of had more time. Maybe these 2 would be worthy of a mag.

HH Jer

Attachments

• More Ring Pics.jpg
    More Ring Pics.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 2,949
  • More Ring Pics 1.jpg
    More Ring Pics 1.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 2,901

gold-digger

Jul 4, 2006
Gulf Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excals & Quattro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Awesome finds. Now thats a vacation. What kind of detectors were you all using, Its looks like there are 3 in the pics?

OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Thanks golddigger.

It did make the vacation better.

There are 2 units on the ground. My brothers mxt with stock coil.

And then my beast the white's dfx with a 1400 dd coil on it. I also use my own programs.

We crossed them together like a X to just take a second to get the pic.

Thanks again,

HH Jer

roswellborn

Jan 9, 2006
Washington state
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Holy catfish!

I was scrolling down from the original post and that BLUE just jumped out at me! WOW!

Awesome finds.

Re the ticket? Most of us have gotten one at one time or another. And felt like "oh geeezzzz" when it happens, too.

I'm glad the vacation went well for you otherwise.

Again - Holy cats!

HH
Nan

Eric in WV

May 5, 2006
Renick, WV
:o WOW - look at those, will ya!!!! Nice work. Sorry about the ticket. I recently got 2 warnings in as many weeks so I gotta watch it fro a while. Heading to Ocean Isle Beach on Monday. My GTP 1350 should be back from Garretts Friday. Hope I get something as nice as you did!! It should be an interesting time - Ernesto is predicted to move through there in a couple of days.

Rusted_Iron

Bronze Member
May 25, 2006
Corrodedlargecentville
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds Jer, thanks for sharing the stories & pics, sorry to hear you had a bad time thru VA. I always just figure on taking a huge amount of time to pass thru VA, as I always do the speed limit through there. Not trying to lecture you, your story just goes to show VA's got a lot of speed traps.

Nice when you get to NC and the speed limit goes to 70. In VA it's like 55, then 65, then 60, then 55, keeps changing.

Anyway, glad to see you back on the forums, keep those pics coming!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread