Silver is sinking like the TITANTIC

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
brendan1414 said:
Yea, yea, people taking "profits"; i dont buy it. i think silver on a smooth ride back down to the $40 zone. thoughts? OTHER THEN people taking profits?

Right now the gold to silver ratio is really relative low, currently at 31.7.....

Year Silver price (yearly cum. avg.[9]) Gold price (yearly cum. avg.[10]) Gold/silver ratio
US$/ozt US$/ozt

1840 1.29 20 15.5
1900 0.64 20 31.9
1920 0.65 20 31.6
1940 0.34 33 97.3
1960 0.91 35 38.6
1970 1.63 35 22.0
1980 16.39 612 37.4
1990 4.06 383 94.3
2000 4.95 279 56.4
2005 7.31 444 60.8
2009 14.67 972 66.3
2010 20.19 1225 60.7
2011 (cum. thru 25 Apr) 47.70 1510 31.7

JD-GA

Feb 2, 2010
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
My guess is if you could think of a reason other profit taking as to why silver is sliding you would have mentioned it. I cant see one either. Its historically further behind gold than ever. Our economy is tanking and the dollar is dropping. Gas prices going through the roof. Other countries buying precious metals in large quantities etc etc.

So yeah profits and maybe some nervousness due to it shooting up nearly $4 over night last night.

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PLEASE let it drop to 30 so I could buy more!!!!!! Nothing good going on in silver folks!!!! Time for you to get out! :laughing7:

StevoCBR

Apr 19, 2010
Detector(s) used
a piece, fisher f75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think in my opinion you are wishful thinking. We might touch low 40's but I think we are seeing right now the "pullback" that experts have been talking about. Just like all these people that sad at $30 we would have a big pull back....and we did to $27 for less than a week and then boom. Almost doubled since then. Supply and demand is the king in all this and there is simply more interest in silver than what is out there. And the masses haven't woken up yet....starting to get there but not fully. And alot of the paper silver out there, many of the holders think that they can redeem it at any time and are even paying storage fee's in many cases when that is simply not true and they own paper only.

Ya so in my opinion this titanic drop of $1.50 will be very short lived. Don't forget on Sunday night before it turned down silver was up $3 in a span of 4-5 hours. We will see $50 probably by then end of this week with the big fed "press conference" this week but for sure by next week. And then silver will be at $60 within 30 days. Just my 2 cents and the way it is going right now I think anything is possible at this point.

vetteguy96

Mar 11, 2011
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
Truth is - JP Morgan and the Rothschilds' were in serious trouble at $47 because of naked short selling and they have driven the price down to "Teach us Upstarts" a good lesson.......

WE need to drive the Rothschilds , JP Morgan and the Federal reserve OUT once and for all, but they are dug in to every aspect of our lives...it would be a monumental effort now that I don't think the US any longer has the nads to accomplish.

mr_larry

Jun 22, 2010
Northern California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tomorrow is options expiration for the silver contracts. They are trying to drive down the price so that fewer people exercise their options and take delivery on their futures contract which in turn, allows them to take delivery on their silver. The COMEX vaults are nearly empty of silver, so do you know where they get it? They raid the SLV which is the largest physical silver ETF. Who is custodian for the SLV? JP Morgan of course! These are the same guys that have been manipulating the price of silver for years. That is why that Texas University took delivery of their billion dollar silver investment: If you physically hold the metal then no one else can loan it out, lease it or use it to facilitate the schemes of the bankers.

With all of the people sitting on the sidelines thinking they missed the silver train, there will be a ton of fresh money using any pullback as an opportunity to jump aboard. Expect more volatility tomorrow. I think we will see $50 silver in May if not sooner.

OP
OP
brendan1414

brendan1414

Apr 9, 2011
lol sometimes you guys remind me of religion with your "the masses havent woken up yet". I see your point with the JP Morgan, and i see why you would WANT to analyze it, but have you ever thought that possibly, just MAYBE it will go down and stay down? and forget the gold ratios, those seemed quite jumpy...

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
brendan1414 said:
lol sometimes you guys remind me of religion with your "the masses havent woken up yet". I see your point with the JP Morgan, and i see why you would WANT to analyze it, but have you ever thought that possibly, just MAYBE it will go down and stay down? and forget the gold ratios, those seemed quite jumpy...

Silver has the Hunt stigma attached to it. The scenario now is different in quite a few ways as it was back in the 80's. Silver is a "Throw Away" industrial metal. It is not recycled like Gold, Platinum and Rhodium are. Our Silver mines in the US are in their final days of production. It takes roughly five to 10 years for a Silver mine to start and have an appreciatable amount of PM come from it.
The demand is far out stripping the supply and with the manipulation of Silver in the past decades by two major players are what is
driving the silver price. IMO, Silver will/should be around $100.00 an toz in todays market, JP and Chase are being investigated for
the manipulation of Silver pricing and it looks like they will be found guilty.

When the economy starts to tank, people to PM's to protect themselves from inflation, what is going on right now ALL over the world.
You will see several pull backs with Rocket Moon shots over the next few years until Silver is actually where it belongs. My only advice
is to buy, buy and then buy some more. With 15 years left until retirement, I hope to have a nice sized nest egg built!!!!!!!!!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
brendan1414 said:

and this comes from the wisdom gain from all of your 17 years.......... :laughing7:

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
JD-GA said:
Our economy is tanking and the dollar is dropping. Gas prices going through the roof. Other countries buying precious metals in large quantities etc etc.

We are a Third World country already, we just think we're at the top of the heap since we've always been there; foolishness.

Sold out by the Big Boys that took their businesses offshore to other countries; they're not coming back until we work for a lousy devalued buck a week.

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Scorpion.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love the Topic heading, only thing wrong with it, is: Silver will go up the Titanic won't. :laughing9: :laughing9:

2bits

Nov 19, 2009
Detector(s) used
One to many
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is just an attempt by the big boys to try and control silver, their last ditch effort in my view. After this I think it will skyrocket.
RCW

OP
OP
brendan1414

brendan1414

Apr 9, 2011
I honestly hope silver does rise, and rise, and rise. I dont appreciate you judging me on my age... i find myself more open to free thinking, unlike some brainwashed older folks. i just want an HONEST reason as to why silver prices are falling. and instead of just telling me "O, they are gonna rise, just because they will" is kind of inadequate for me to believe. I like the thoughts about how the silver manipulators out there are being caught, that would be an excellent thing for us collectors, and also it gives us this opportunity to BUY

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
brendan1414 said:
I honestly hope silver does rise, and rise, and rise. I dont appreciate you judging me on my age... i find myself more open to free thinking, unlike some brainwashed older folks. i just want an HONEST reason as to why silver prices are falling. and instead of just telling me "O, they are gonna rise, just because they will" is kind of inadequate for me to believe. I like the thoughts about how the silver manipulators out there are being caught, that would be an excellent thing for us collectors, and also it gives us this opportunity to BUY

and what do you call this.......

brendan1414 said:
lol sometimes you guys remind me of religion with your "the masses havent woken up yet".

and this......

brendan1414 said:
i find myself more open to free thinking, unlike some brainwashed older folks.

Sorry but when your only 17 you only have maybe 2 to 4 years total to base your wisdom on.......

Silver is being used up faster than it is being produced, it is very low on the silver to gold ratio...... Gold is going up and silver will follow it, it will correct along the way, but in the long haul it will follow gold based on a ratio...........

OP
OP
brendan1414

brendan1414

Apr 9, 2011
I call that my recent posts? i mean i do believe that silver is a good resource, but with everyone acting like theyve been to the damn silver mines, and seen in action all the silver being gone, its well... ridiculous.

Roadquest

Bronze Member
Oct 13, 2005
C.R. HKt.B Sometimes there's not a right way, or
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
brendan1414 said:

Could you say why you think silver could go down and stay down. I believe it could go as low as $37.00. This is just a gut thought. Nothing more.
By the end of this year. I think it could be @ $60.00 oz If you are 17, as someone here said. And you started buying an oz of silver here and there. By the time you are 30 years old. You will have made a great deal of money from your silver.

mts

Bronze Member
May 18, 2009
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Pulsedive, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Silver µMax, BH Tracker IV, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
brendan1414 said:

Amen. Playing the age card is a low blow. I've seen way to many foolish old coots in my day to pay them any attention. Some of them are so afraid of their own shadow that they would believe anything they read on the Internet. And most do. Just ignore them. They think they have gotten wise in their old age but in reality most of them have just gotten hard headed.

As for the price of silver, I do believe that we are seeing profit taking. But I also believe that it rose too high, too fast. So it's not just profit taking, it's sanity. There were no other real factors that should cause it to jump $4 an ounce in two days. Yeah, yeah... the economy and the fed is printing money like crazy. Newsflash: the fed has been printing money like crazy since its inception. Yet silver hasn't skyrocketed all of these years. So although the idea that the dollar is losing value has some merit and is a contributing factor, it is not the whole story or even a majority of the story.

Don't get me wrong. I'm bullish on silver long term. But I don't think what has been going on recently is realistic. It's nice for guys like me who bought in the teens. But it is not realistic.

mts

Bronze Member
May 18, 2009
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Pulsedive, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Silver µMax, BH Tracker IV, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Roadquest said:
brendan1414 said:

Could you say why you think silver could go down and stay down. I believe it could go as low as $37.00. This is just a gut thought. Nothing more.
By the end of this year. I think it could be @ $60.00 oz If you are 17, as someone here said. And you started buying an oz of silver here and there. By the time you are 30 years old. You will have made a great deal of money from your silver.

Good point. Instead of people putting him down because he is only 17, they should consider that by being interested in silver at such a young age he is indeed wise beyond his years. How many other people that are 17 are thinking about silver as an investment. I'm sure that the majority of old cogers here looking down on this guy didn't become "educated" until much later in life...

OP
OP
brendan1414

brendan1414

Apr 9, 2011
mts said:
Roadquest said:
brendan1414 said:

Good point. Instead of people putting him down because he is only 17, they should consider that by being interested in silver at such a young age he is indeed wise beyond his years. How many other people that are 17 are thinking about silver as an investment. I'm sure that the majority of old cogers here looking down on this guy didn't become "educated" until much later in life...

yea, i know my friends are always asking why im buying silver instead of an xbox. Im glad someone can appreciate my ideas, and as for the whole sanity thing, i think you are very right on that part. i believe that it will go back up, but over the long run, not $2 every day like it has been; every good thing has to come to an end.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions